Continuum

Comments

• Rebel StimsonRebel Stimson Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched episode one. Does it get any better?
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Just watched episode one. Does it get any better?

Yes
    I'm Waiting for season 2 great series.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up halfway through episode two.............

I couldn't tell what anyone was saying..............they're all mumbling rather than talking

Too much trouble trying to follow it
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,466
    Forum Member
    What an odd complaint - surely more to do with the poster's audio equipment or hearing than the show itself? :confused:

Anyway, I really liked season 1. The slow pace of the story arc was a bit frustrating at times, but some great twists and thoughtful little tweaks of standard TV SF. I'm looking forward to getting the blu ray (from the US as it only seems to be on DVD in the UK) and season 2. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    What an odd complaint - surely more to do with the poster's audio equipment or hearing than the show itself? :confused:

I'm currently watching The Walking Dead and repeats of DS9 as my drama series and I don't have any problem with the dialogue on those shows

It isn't just Continuum but off the top of my head I can't think of another one right now, but it is a reason why I'll give up on a show fairly quickly

If they can't bothered to speak I can't be bothered to listen........

Just for interest I've stuck 'mumbling on tv' into google and it appears to be a more common complaint than you think..........here for example is an article in the Mail from a couple of months ago...........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2093648/SPEAK-UP-Or-mumbling-actors-ruining-TV-drama.html
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,466
    Forum Member
    I take your point, but I suspect loss of hearing acuity is the source of most of the complaints about mumbling. It certainly is in my family. :)

Some shows will have better sound than others of course, but as sound quality drops, intelligibility will be lost first to those with some hearing loss I'm afraid.

The Daily Mail readership is hardly skewed towards younger people (like many "serious" newspapers).
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    I suffer hearing loss and struggle with deep voices or mumbling as has been mentioned. Yet I could hear every word on this and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the pilot and found it rather good in the second half. I have episode 2 recorded. But i am already majorly impressed by Rachel Nicholls. I thought she was very weak in The Inside and Alias, but it's been several years since both those shows
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I couldn't tell what anyone was saying..............they're all mumbling rather than talking.

There is no mumbling. You are just having trouble with a combination of an accent that is foreign to you and somewhat "soft" voices by certain people in the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know what's happened to this ?

After about 5 episodes it's disappeared from the schedules this week - it's not on tonight nor is it on in the usual repeat slot tomorrow night

:eek:
  • MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Anyone know what's happened to this ?

After about 5 episodes it's disappeared from the schedules this week - it's not on tonight nor is it on in the usual repeat slot tomorrow night

:eek:

Looks like a week off - Ep 6 is next week
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps Season 2 will be shown over here a couple of weeks after the repeats of Season 1 have finished
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a week off - Ep 6 is next week

ok, cheers..........:)

seems a bit strange to have a week off in the middle of a repeated series !
  • LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really really liking this show at the moment
    Glad people on here gave me a heads up about it
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Perhaps Season 2 will be shown over here a couple of weeks after the repeats of Season 1 have finished

I was pretty much right

Syfy have announced a start date for Season 2

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/04/syfy-uk-sets-premiere-date-for-continuum-season-2/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of rubbish.
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of rubbish.

Couldn't be more wrong
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't be more wrong

You need to understand the concept of people sharing opinions.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member

And telling people their opinion is wrong is also sharing an opinion. It arguably doesn't add to productive discussion, but simply calling something rubbish doesn't either.
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You need to understand the concept of what an opinion actually is!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't be more wrong
    Who? Me or you?
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I was pretty much right

Syfy have announced a start date for Season 2

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/04/syfy-uk-sets-premiere-date-for-continuum-season-2/

Thought I saw an oblique reference to it during an ad break in Defiance tonight. Just the words " coming soon" but with the looped letter "o" from the show's logo.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to understand the concept of what an opinion actually is!

This was a while back, but I've only just seen it. Anyway, what a bizarre response. I'm pretty sure I know what one is, thanks. If someone watches the show and thinks it's rubbish, that's their opinion.

It's not a matter of right and wrong, it's how different people view the show. I personally really like it.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done all season 1 now and really enjoyed it.
    Though episode 10 was really good to and you find out much more.
    Does any one know when season 2 starts in UK on syfy?
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does any one know when season 2 starts in UK on syfy?

As posted in msg #41, Thursday May 23rd at 10pm.