Anthea Turner throws out Grant Bover over affair !!!

Comments

• julicovajulicova Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Anthea paid a very high price to be with Bovey. She lost her reputation and most of her TV work.

She stayed with him whist he went from one financial disaster to another. She is the one who has brought home the bacon and saved him from penury. So what does he do? Cheat.

What a complete loser. What kind of woman would want to be around him now.

Anthea made a lot of mistakes and I think life has been hard for her for several years. I don't think she can expect any sympathy from the pubic, however.

I like to know what Della thinks of Anthea wanting to still spend time around her children now. What a mess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Tbh Anthea Turner never really bothered me one way or another. Although Bovey has always stuck me as seeming very smug and smarmy. I can remember feeling very sorry for his creditors when his business(es?) went under.

Now Anthea's discovered his (alleged) affair - well the word Karma springs to mind!
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    probably already negotiating with Cadburys for the rights to the divorce court photos
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    He was probably fed up of the same hairstyle she's had since Blue Peter.

This made me :D!!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember them on some reality tv show once and he came across as a complete control freak. I remember thinking at the time that how has someone like her who, whatever I think of her personally, has forged a decent career in a cut throat industry, ended up as a meek little housewife being controlled by a man?

Not surprised about the news though, just that it's taken so long. If you start a relationship built on lies, then what hope do you have?
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    probably already negotiating with Cadburys for the rights to the divorce court photos

LOL googleking!!! together with an 8-page colour spead in OK/Hello "How my perfect life came unstuck" etc etc etc.

As other posters have predicted this domestic heartbreak could well be AT's entry back into mainstream TV via jungle/ice or sequins!! ;)
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh Anthea Turner never really bothered me one way or another. Although Bovey has always stuck me as seeming very smug and smarmy. I can remember feeling very sorry for his creditors when his business(es?) went under.

Now Anthea's discovered his (alleged) affair - well the word Karma springs to mind!

Neither Turner nor Bovey gave much thought to his investors or creditors. In fact, the pair were canny enough to put a lot of their assets in her name, so when he was declared bankrupt, they were able to remain in her £6 million pad and jet off on holiday to get over their 'difficult time'. Bovey insists that he is a victim and only owes money to the banks. Shame that the public are the main shareholders of banks!

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1255688/Anthea-Turners-husband-Grant-Bovey-humiliated-declared-bankrupt.html

I wonder how the split will affect the couple's sneaky financial maneuvers...
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Theirs is clearly a relationship that is strong enough to weather any storm. ‘Everyone said our marriage wouldn’t last,’ she recalled. ‘I wouldn’t have stuck around if any of the horrible things people say about Grant were true.

‘Many celebrity marriages have fallen apart with far less pressure than we have had. I prefer my financial woes to having infidelity issues with my husband.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1254243/Bankrupt-Grant-Bovey-admits-let-wife-Anthea-Turner-down.html#ixzz221tsoeiy

you were saying Anth?

:D:D

I'm wondering if this affair is just another one of their money making scams
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Neither Turner nor Bovey gave much thought to his investors or creditors. In fact, the pair were canny enough to put a lot of their assets in her name, so when he was declared bankrupt, they were able to remain in her £6 million pad and jet off on holiday to get over their 'difficult time'. Bovey insists that he is a victim and only owes money to the banks. Shame that the public are the main shareholders of banks!

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1255688/Anthea-Turners-husband-Grant-Bovey-humiliated-declared-bankrupt.html

I was just thinking that myself......
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Serves her right, she broke up his marriage. what goes round comes round.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »

It would be nice to think that if he is planning on demanding half her fortune, he would have to immediately give it over to his many creditors!
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Serves her right, she broke up his marriage. what goes round comes round.

Correction - Grant broke up his marriage by going with somone else.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think i can hear the sound of jungle drums, i bet it wont be long before she employs uncle maxi and there is a string of newpaper articles with her revealing sob stories. If she doesnt do it now she wont get another shot at it.

I know I'm a cynic but mark my words:)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He had an affair which resulted in him being with Anthea (which her sister supposedly defended according to the paper years ago), and now she knows what it feels like and is on the receiving end. Grant's ex-wife must be quite pleased with this. Can't say I blame her either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correction - Grant broke up his marriage by going with somone else.

2nd correction — she was partly to blame for breaking up Grant's previous marriage. It takes two to tango.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    julicova wrote: »
    Anthea paid a very high price to be with Bovey. She lost her reputation and most of her TV work.

She stayed with him whist he went from one financial disaster to another. She is the one who has brought home the bacon and saved him from penury. So what does he do? Cheat.

What a complete loser. What kind of woman would want to be around him now.

Anthea made a lot of mistakes and I think life has been hard for her for several years. I don't think she can expect any sympathy from the pubic, however.

I like to know what Della thinks of Anthea wanting to still spend time around her children now. What a mess.

Have you seen photos of her multi million pound home ?

I am always a believer of the old adage " if you shit on someone, further on down the line someone else will shit on you "

Relationships born from affairs will usually end up this way.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    A woman who marries a man who cheats is married to a man who cheats.

Loving the Eamonn Holmes link. I'd forgotten all about that! Cowardly pudding. :D
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to gloat about Anthea getting her just desserts, Bovey's first wife Della done the same herself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1370264/Anthea-Turner-copycat-Grant-Boveys-ex-wife-Della-steals-partner-woman.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to gloat about Anthea getting her just desserts, Bovey's first wife Della done the same herself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1370264/Anthea-Turner-copycat-Grant-Boveys-ex-wife-Della-steals-partner-woman.html

The thing is though, when did that builder walk out on their partner and son? She might have struck up a relationship with him long after he did this. If she's done the exact same thing, fair enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised........NOT
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    The thing is though, when did that builder walk out on their partner and son? She might have struck up a relationship with him long after he did this. If she's done the exact same thing, fair enough.

I think the break up with Bovey affected her far more than she ever let on, she put on a brave face, and tried to rebuild her life, but it's never quite worked out for her.... I really dont think she ever truly got over the utter betrayal, and the way that 'gruesome twosome' rubbed her nose in it...
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    2nd correction — she was partly to blame for breaking up Grant's previous marriage. It takes two to tango.

No...the person who breaks their marriage vow is to blame, the other person is completely irrelvent no matter the circumstance or persuasiveness. A marriage is a contract and only a person in a marriage is capable of breaking a marriage. Call her evil, immoral or whatever you like but it's impossible to blame anyone but the adulterer for a break up of a marriage. Ditto her own marriage to Peter - Grant is entirely blameless.

It astounds me that people don't understand this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...the person who breaks their marriage vow is to blame, the other person is completely irrelvent no matter the circumstance or persuasiveness. A marriage is a contract and only a person in a marriage is capable of breaking a marriage. Call her evil, immoral or whatever you like but it's impossible to blame anyone but the adulterer for a break up of a marriage. Ditto her own marriage to Peter - Grant is entirely blameless.

It astounds me that people don't understand this.

Oh, what's the point!