Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bloody sickening Halifax choir are back with yet another incredibly annoying cover version of a classic.
    This time it's "I Want to Know What Love Is".
    Absolutely hate their self-satisfied, smug yawping!
    :mad::mad::mad:
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 adverts getting in my nerves...

Rentacar. With the Yank being a prat aarrgghhhh his voice does my head in!!

New York bagel company. Just go away now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bloody sensodyne ad with that horrible editing technique.

It seems/like/every other word/has been/cut in awkwardly so/she is talking/like this because/she wants/her teeth to be/protected but/also/look nice. :rolleyes:

I've heard it's supposed to make an actor reading a monologue sound more natural? It has the exact opposite effect and sets my teeth on edge.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    twimp2 wrote: »

And the last one is for VO5 (I think) hair spray or something or other. Starts off with this girl showing us how to style our hair like she does.. then sings a twee little song, and sounds more like a 6 year old. Didn't know what it was advertising at first - clearly does it's job then. :rolleyes: :yawn:

This one is really irritating.
    Her hair looks rubbish at the end of the ad anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    the radio one that starts 'BRIAN SAVED ON MONEY SUPERMARKET AND NOW HE FEELS EPIIIIIIC' makes me shout unmentionables aaaaaaaaaaargh (sorry if its already been said but oh man whoever thought this was a good idea?!)
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'll have to +1 myself on the new moneysupermarket ad .... it was ok in beginning but now its becoming annoying as hell!

I'll also nominate the ads for STV Appeal 2012 .. just annoying ... hurry up this week and be done with this!! - Lorraine Kelly and Michelle McManus drop by on appeal ... like freekin last year!! ... predictable as usual STV!!! :mad:
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest Perle de Lait yoghurt ad is particularly baffling. Eating one appears to sort out her hairdo, and then there's the daft laugh at the end!? Yes they are nice desserts but not exactly mirth-inducing, love, get a grip :p
  • FrankJaegerFrankJaeger Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    'Cause if this is the life,
    This is the life,
    This is the life,
    This is the life,
    This is the life,
    Then who'd argue?

That is a brilliant song by a brilliant band.

Blame Debenhams for ruining it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Forgot to add this one -UNDERDOG!

The underdog national accident helpline ad is horrible! The music that cues on in (I get knocked down.. but i get up again.. :|) it is louder than the voice speaking! Wish my mute button worked. :(

Also, that clay thing in the advert. Is it a bear?
  • Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Forgot to add this one -UNDERDOG!

The underdog national accident helpline ad is horrible! The music that cues on in (I get knocked down.. but i get up again.. :|) it is louder than the voice speaking! Wish my mute button worked. :(

Also, that clay thing in the advert. Is it a bear?

I always wondered that, but then thought being "underdog", that it was a dog. Stupid looking dog though!

Come to think of it, the thing has had a bandaged arm since the advert first started airing (probably back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth...) talk about milking an injury for all it's worth!
    Forum Member
    Danno2020 wrote: »
    the thing has had a bandaged arm since the advert first started airing (probably back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth...) talk about milking an injury for all it's worth!

Has a broken leg now too! :rolleyes:
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Andre on the Gala Bingo ad. Is there nothing that man won't do for publicity?
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Mel on the eHarmony advert

Buny boiler alert
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    More twee singing, this time on a Chrome advert
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    That bloody sickening Halifax choir are back with yet another incredibly annoying cover version of a classic.
    This time it's "I Want to Know What Love Is".
    Absolutely hate their self-satisfied, smug yawping!

OMG I hate it too, and even more now that they've ripped all the guts out of that beautiful song. If I had an account with Halifax (which thankfully I don't), I'd be shifting it elsewhere just for that abomination. :mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    Got YET ANOTHER ad to add to the list of adverts that are annoying me (Don't worry all I will eventually retreat back to my cave and leave yee in peace :D)

The Wonga advert. Seriously. The puppets are grotesque!
    And correct me if I'm wrong but are they trying to create a love relationship.. for two puppets? :confused:
    The amount of times I've seen those hag puppets on my screen.. beyond me.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JBO wrote: »
    Mel on the eHarmony advert

Buny boiler alert
    And 'Walker' Rohypnol anyone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has a broken leg now too! :rolleyes:

At least his tail is better now :D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    Jacamo - Now we dont just make clothes for men who like pies, but men of every shape and size :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    wowcher.
    *shudders*

also the new Churchill one where the dog wears a veil and mispronounces 'jojoba'....relevance? can't remember what its for but i would rather deal with my problem alone thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advert that makes me cringe at the moment is the one for the new Special K biscuits.

When I first saw the advert I thought 'OMG bodyform/allways have gone too far this time'. I know thats gross, but its what stuck in my mind when the jam was dribbling into the word yes.

(apologies if I have put anyone off!)
  • PeaJayMPeaJayM Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Babybell... Not only the one with 98% milk (doh, f*ck me its cheese), but the one with the song sung by some strangled kids:

"we don't want to get in line, no we don't want to get in liiine!"

Why the heck not you self important obnoxious brats?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Jacamo - Now we dont just make clothes for men who like pies, but men of every shape and size :rolleyes:

I have just seen the new one with Freddie Flintoff, what wont he do?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Go on a diet
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Go on a diet

And until then, go naked?
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter Andre on the Gala Bingo ad. Is there nothing that man won't do for publicity?

I just seen this and wanted to throw one of the pets through the telly*

*no pets were harmed in the making of this post :D
This discussion has been closed.