BB Canada 1: Episode 29, Final HOH & BB Canada Winner is crowned (2/5/2013) 2-4am BST

12346»

Comments

• InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Danielle BB14's reaction to Topaz's mistake: Link
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    The wikipedia page keeps going back and forth with listing Jillian/Gary as the winner and Topaz's jury vote changing.
    Fight fight fight! *grabs popcorn*
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

:D:D:D
    The wikipedia page keeps going back and forth with listing Jillian/Gary as the winner and Topaz's jury vote changing.
    Fight fight fight! *grabs popcorn*

I'm enjoying that too. :D

(At least I know I'm not the only one who goes straight to Wikipedia after a reality show result to see the updated page. :o)
  • RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen the show and nor any of the last 5 episodes.

But this Topaz mix up sounds hilarious.

People were claiming that BB screwed Topaz's game when she was HoH, but I think this proves she just didn't have enough thought and care into what she was doing.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    :D:D
    Libra BB10 was also watching last night ... Link
  • OakOak Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really shocked about the outcome and feel sad for Gary - Topaz obviously knew what she was doing. If she's watched BBUSA she would know how the final vote works, and if she didn't, it would have been explained to all of the jury clearly. Gary took it well though, so credit to him there. I don't think I could have reacted like he did. Arisa, on the other hand didn't look pleased at all.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evel Dick Donato ‏@EvelDick

The #BBCAN producers got what they deserved in that finale and I am laughing my MF* balls off

* - Edited for strong language
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oak wrote: »
    Really shocked about the outcome and feel sad for Gary - Topaz obviously knew what she was doing. If she's watched BBUSA she would know how the final vote works, and if she didn't, it would have been explained to all of the jury clearly. Gary took it well though, so credit to him there. I don't think I could have reacted like he did. Arisa, on the other hand didn't look pleased at all.

Why would she intentionally vote for Jillian?
  • BadmkBadmk Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would she intentionally vote for Jillian?

To get attention I suppose. Although I do think she made a genuine mistake but it ended in the right result so well done Topaz.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »

I'm more shocked that the show managed to pull 2.7million viewers weekly! That's pretty darn decent for a cable network, especially in Canada.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    What a delight this Finale was for rubber-necking fans of car crash reality TV! Classic; so bad, it was good!! :D

The signs of impending carnage were evident from early on when, as The Leaning Tower of Arisa talked to the 3 remaining HG's, Emmett and Jillian promptly spoiled the results of 2 of the final 3 HoH competitions. After the producers cut the live feed permanently, specifically to avoid their precious finale being spoiled.

Then we were shown the competitions, which were clearly geared for the men to dominate physically, in other words, rigged against (Evil) Jillian and in favour of (Darling) Gary. Gary and Emmett emerged triumphant ofcourse, then Gary defeated and then evicted Emmett. I thought Emmett played a near immaculate game (very like his equally boring clone, Hayden from BBUSA), falling at the final hurdle because he chose to evict the useless Talla, instead of the far more dangerous Gary. Big Brother 101: Always evict the stronger competitor (particularly after the Jury has begun).

I still maintain that Gary, having been evicted, should have stayed evicted. His return was one rig too far IMO, not that this game ever had any integrity, but still. Having said that, I was mightily impressed by his intelligent subversion and ultimate destruction of the East Coast Alliance. He definitely earned his F2 place, even if he didn't deserve it.

Then we met the Jury. Does Canada possess a more vacuous individual than AJ? I hope not, for their sake! And there was I, thinking there could never be a more useless BB player than Lawon, who knew? Alec appeared, attempting to associate himself with BB greatness by wearing a shirt stating "Only Will Can Judge Me". Will Kirby wouldn't demean himself by even admitting knowledge of Alec's existence. And poor, pitiful, bitter, socially inept Peter. Referring to Jillian as "Villian" and "idiot", because she outplayed him; stabbed him, reversed back over his bleeding body, then drop kicked his carcase over the wall. He revealed a total absence of class, which was cast into even stronger relief, by gracious comments from Tom (!!!) to Peter and Alec.

Then the coup de gras for this production: the stupidity of Topaz. Despite constant cheerleading for Gary, she somehow managed to vote for Jillian, giving her the win. It says much about this season that her first thought was the producers had rigged the vote. It was a delight to see Emmett exultant when he realised the 4G alliance was incompetent to the end. Poor Topaz; owned by Jillian in and out of the BB house.

Bring on BBUSA. Grodner likes her rigging too, but at least she's competent.

I just wanted to say that this is a great post and I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I was a TV show only watcher, because of the ridiculous twists/rigging, the season had no integrity. Like you said, BBUSA has it's rigging but at least that rigging is competent and somewhat consistent. BBCAN was all over the place.

Jillian and Emmett were hands down the best players and triumphed despite the producers so desperately wanting Gary to win. And like you, I loved that shot of Emmett in the background when Topaz's mistaken vote was read out - his fist in the air, just joyous that those fools showed their incompetence right to the very end and it allowed Jillian her rightful victory. :D
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jillian is actually a stupid player wanting to take Emmitt to the final two. Gary is one of the most annoying HGs I've seen in ages, and Emmitt is complete boredom.
  • lightupvmlightupvm Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We did a UK BB Canada podcast if anyone is interested.:D
    http://www.spreaker.com/user/lightupvm/bbcan_big_brother_canada_arisa_cock_up
  • Linus2Linus2 Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter apparently won the fan favourite award, Emmett as 2nd and Gary 3rd ... they all got little trophies from the press.

I love this its like last year when everyone bashed Frank on the boards and he anyway won the fan fav. :D

Ah yeah and Peter will do a Dick at nite interview soon, i assume that will be fun coz they both dislike each other. :D
  • REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all the cast together for morning breakfast show ,sorry if been posted ,searched and can't see it

http://www.watchseries-online.eu/2013/05/big-brother-canada-s01-the-morning-show-may-03-2013.html

also reunion show Wednesday Canadian time ,usually 2-3am uk time Thursday morning
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best moment on the morning breakfast show might have been Talla having a go at Emmitt. Talla is underrated, yeh she wasn't great at competitions but she knew that and was decent entertainment. Without an injection of character and something to liven the rest up it just isn't Big Brother, I don't care how much strategic gameplay there is it will not make up for that.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    Best moment on the morning breakfast show might have been Talla having a go at Emmitt. Talla is underrated, yeh she wasn't great at competitions but she knew that and was decent entertainment. Without an injection of character and something to liven the rest up it just isn't Big Brother, I don't care how much strategic gameplay there is it will not make up for that.

I agree! I get why Talla would grate on people, but I thought she was great fun throughout! :) By the end of the season, I think she was the only remaining player who at some point hadn't made me dislike them!

Every season there is a player who makes it really far without doing much of anything and winning absolutely nothing, so at the very least this years one was silly and funny and not just a total snooze like Jenn from last year.
  • dollypondukdollyponduk Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Just watched The Morning Show and now think Emmett is wayyyy more bitter than Peter. Wish he would stop chuntering on that you should only ever get one life in the game, when it is his fault that Gary got to final 3. When he thought it was going to be him plus either Gary or Jillian in the final 2 his principal was not there but when he was out oh dear you should only get one life. Shut up boy and be happy for Jillian!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was surprising on the morning show was Arisa admitting most of the show was really predictable. How she equates that with it being the best Big Brother ever I don't know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Behind the Scenes at the Reunion show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnA8ZpSdqlc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭