DS Fantasy Eurovision 22: Don't Look Back In Stavanger

Comments

• kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Country swap has now gone and in painful circumstances. I was sent two PMs - one at 14:04 and one at 14:05!
  • thomizzlethomizzle Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kvn I'm loving your spiels etc ^_^
    Forum Member
    thomizzle wrote: »
    Kvn I'm loving your spiels etc ^_^

At least one persons reading the thread :p

Prepare for a shock with the next reveal everyone. It's incredible!! :eek:
    Forum Member
    Are you ready for the shocker? It's coming from Serbia. And it's a BOY!!! Infact it's BOYS! (There's still a woman playing the violin though) For the first time since DSFE 2 in Prague the Serbs have sent an entry in the English language. Not only that but they're sending a piece of Celtic Rock. The band they've selected are called Irish Stew of Sindidun from Belgrade. They'll take part in the first Semi Final in Stavanger with their song "Take Me High".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsEMu5UCy0g
    Forum Member
    Tonight will also see the draw for the semi finals to decide which half of the semi your songs will perform in
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Ooh, just came on and listened to Serbia, I like it quite a bit as it sticks out from the other entries so far though I feel that the singer's accent lets it down slightly, I'll start to formulate some proper reviews soon but I'm liking the mix of songs so far. :)

Also enjoying your hosting kvn, makes it quite nice and relaxing to have the songs released one at a time, think this format is really good :D
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Serbia's okay.
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    i'm going to go through all the songs revelaed so far tonight and write a few reviews on them :)
    Forum Member
    Time for another one of our Big 5 to release their song. Spain have been overtaken by Norway as a result of the contest Warsaw with the Norwegians taking a 4-3 lead in contest wins. The Spaniards are looking to strike back in Stavanger. They're sending the Spanish Armada to Norway captained by Natalia, who last appeared in DSFE 8 in Madrid. This time she's singing her latino stomper "Loco por mi" and you'll be hearing her in Semi Final 1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b397BQUo690
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    MOLDOVA - it's just very dull in my mind, samey throughout bleh haha
    WALES - i LOVE Duffy but hate this song not going to lie - give me mercy any day
    TURKEY - i've decided i don't really like the turkish laguage in songs - it just doesn't sound right - it's ok for Turkey though
    SCOTLAND - it's a strong song in comparisson to what has come before - but i can see it getting forgotten
    DENMARK - i prefer lost in the fire - best so far though
    AZERBAIJAN - we have gone back to dull again - he's like a worse version of Emin and he failed a couple of times - not lookig good for Azerbaijan here
    ROMANIA - again i love Claudia Pavel - not the song i would have chosen personally - but i like it
    CYPRUS - as previously stated this feels like a proper eurovision song - that said it's the overly ethnic songs i don't particually like - it's a bit meh
    SWEDEN - well i don't completely hate it - it's not brilliant from Sweden but it's better than most of the other songs so far
    BULGARIA - i thought it was a man when i was listening without the video - it's quirky and cute - thumbs up
    AUSTRIA - this is how you do a ballad - it builds to a nice finish - another proper eurovision song in my mind
    FINLAND - i'm not sure if i like this or not yet - it's very Jenni Varriten, but not as good - i'm sure it will grow on me though
    ALBANIA - i love Rita Ora - her voice is stunnng and i love this song as well :) - we could be heading to Albania
    NORWAY - after having Norway two contests in a row i was expecting better as there are some great songs out there
    MONACO - the opening sounds like the estonian entry last contest - i nearly sent this when i had france in Malmo - so i like it already
    BOSNIA - was hoping from better considering how epic the opening is - kinda just plods along though
    ITALY - I love the Italian music scene not going to lie, and this reminds me why - i love the italian language as well - it's just so pretty haha
    SERBIA - I genuinely like thsi - not what i was expecting at all
    SPAIN - Natalia annoys me a bit, it's ok, nothing special
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALBANIA - Quite good if generic as it's Albania it's a surprise
    NORWAY - Not sure on this yet might grow on me but could go the other way as well
    MONACO - I prefered her other song so depends what this will be up against
    BOSNIA - Pretty much what Pooley said
    ITALY - I like this one not sure if it will set the contest alight mind
    SERBIA - This is also nice calming
    SPAIN - I think the easten europeans do this better e.g. sluttier :eek::o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    I'm taking it rather seriously with both my countries, I'm going to have my own little mini-NFs for each...even though it'll probably be only me voting :p
    Forum Member
    Katsuya wrote: »
    I'm taking it rather seriously with both my countries, I'm going to have my own little mini-NFs for each...even though it'll probably be only me voting :p

Can I vote? :D
    Forum Member
    kvn wrote: »
    Can I vote? :D

If you want :p
    Forum Member
    Coming up: The reveal of what half of the Semi Final's your songs will be in and an entry from the Eastern Bloc involving Scandinavian strings!?
    Forum Member
    Belarus have just announced their entry for DSFE 22! They've invited Minsk born Alexander Rybak and his violin back for a third go at taking the contest back to the city of his birth. Alex has accepted the offer and he's only gone and brought perennial MelFest failures Timoteij with him! Alexander Rybak and Timoteij will perform their stringy number "Vända Med Vinden" for Belarus in Semi Final 2 in Stavanger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ojGlNF_Jg
    Forum Member
    The draw for the Semi Finals took place earlier today in a cloakroom in Stavanger. This was to decide whether the songs would perform in the first half of the Semi Final or the second half. The running order within these halfs will be decided nearer to the end of the selection period. There will be a wildcard available to one song within each half of each semi who will then be able to select their own position in the running order
    Forum Member
    Semi Final 1 - Part One

Latvia
    Armenia
    Norway
    Finland
    Greece
    Belarus
    Bulgaria
    Georgia
    Faroe Islands
    Montenegro
    Monaco
    Czech Republic
    Turkey

Part 2

Russia
    Ukraine
    Azerbaijan
    Estonia
    Slovenia
    Romania
    Sweden
    Portugal
    Wales
    Italy
    Iceland
    Luxembourg
    Serbia
    Forum Member
    Semi Final 2 - Part 1

Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Spain
    Belgium
    Poland
    Germany
    Denmark
    Cyprus
    Israel
    Macedonia
    Malta
    Slovakia
    Croatia
    Northern Ireland

Part 2

Netherlands
    France
    Switzerland
    Ireland
    Lithuania
    Moldova
    Albania
    Hungary
    Austria
    San Marino
    England
    Andorra
    Scotland
    Forum Member
    Welcome back to Two Door Cinema Club who've been selected to represent Northern Ireland for the third time. They've got a 100% final appearence record so why not! The will be performing their song "I Can Talk" in the first half of Semi Final 2 in Stavanger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJDCMth8poM
    Forum Member
    :mad:
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Katsuya wrote: »
    :mad:

LOL! :D Not a fan of Two Door Cinema Club? I think I have the same reaction with Regina Spektor... :)
  • thomizzlethomizzle Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I Can Talk" - yay! Completes the hat trick <3 I love all 3 of TDCC's entries in this contest.
    Forum Member
    One more reveal to come tonight, courtesy of Slovenia!
    Forum Member
    I think Slovenia have been dealt a poor hand in some of these contests, especially the ones when I've had them :p! They did make the final in Warsaw though and in the hope of maintaining the Slovenian DSFE renaissance they're introducing us to a new artist - Sara Kobold. Sara will be appearing in the second half of our second Semi Final singing "Samo Ti"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJIY8gmsjXI