The Bloomberg TV Appreciation Thread

Comments

• am1969am1969 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    "Don't get me wrong I like a bit of economy, (economy starts at home ) but it's nice to have some light relief too"
    I did notice he interviewed the creator's of Southpark about a month ago. Celebs of a sort but some light relief for sure.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    am1969 wrote: »
    Ah yes, Closing Bell. That's what it's called! Yes, Streetsmart is the Bloomberg equivalent of Closing Bell. Maybe it's just me. But i've noticed that Closing Bell cover more interesting topics than Streetsmart.

Don't know of 'The Final Word' as i started watching Bloomberg / CNBC in Dec 2009.

That's interesting. I've never seen Streetsmart so I don't know what topics they have. The Final Word was on Bloomberg around 2007/2008 and I only watched it once or twice. It was a two hour show like Closing Bell but it seemed to have less ad breaks. The night I watched that show was in May 2007. I've been watching CNBC since 2006 and I occasionally checked out Bloomberg too.
    Forum Member
    That's interesting. I've never seen Streetsmart so I don't know what topics they have.
    Topics like the 'Fed' and IPO's. QE2 and QE3. Were not talking luxury ocean liners here! :D
    Forum Member
    Topics like the 'Fed' and IPO's. QE2 and QE3. Were not talking luxury ocean liners here! :D

I do know the difference :D I am studying business at university after all :p
    Forum Member
    I know. :)
    Forum Member
    I know. :)

Had I mentioned it before?
  • epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do know the difference :D I am studying business at university after all :p
    It was a bit of a silly question though wasn't it?
    Forum Member
    Thankfully i don't have to suffer that drivel as Bloomberg West goes out on Bloomberg at the same time.

Do you not like Jay Leno much? I rarely watch his show either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I still miss Coooooooooooooooooooooonaaaaaaaaaaaan o' Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn :D

That's how they used to announce him right ?:)

And I've just realized that this should also be in CNBC thread :confused::confused:

So who do I miss from Bloomberg? Andrea Catherwood since she left the 'mornings' :D:)
    Forum Member
    Absolute! I don't like him. Don't like these tonight type chat show's any longer either.
    Forum Member
    So who do I miss from Bloomberg? Andrea Catherwood since she left the 'mornings' :D:)
    Wish her new show was 2 hours long. Fortunately i don't miss anyone from Bloomberg as nobody has left. :)
  • YorkshireTeaYorkshireTea Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloombgwatcher is cnbcviewer / cnbc watcher :eek:
    Forum Member
    bloombgwatcher is cnbcviewer / cnbc watcher :eek:

:confused: I think that person is someone different, just that their username was inspired by mine as they had been a lurker on DS for a while.
    Forum Member
    Another new show starts on Monday.

Asia Edge with Rishaad Salamat and Susan Li.

04:00 AM : UK Time
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Gotta lot of love for Bloomberg at the mo :)
    Forum Member
    Nonsense! I'm a dude.

And @cnbcwatcher, why do you think I'm someone different? That doesn't make any sense at all!

I was replying to that poster who seemed to think you were me. I mustn't have been fully awake when I typed that post this morning :o Sorry!
    Forum Member
    That closes the last gap. If it weren't for Charlie Rose, we'd have a 24/5 live programming over here. Bloomberg Rewind, which was too American anyway, is axed for good in Europe. But I wouldn't mind seeing the show during the weekend.
    They should drop Charlie Rose from Europe/Asia. Most of his guests are for American Audiences anyway. Lisa Murphy was hosting Bloomberg Rewind last week but i wouldn't count on it being shown at the weekends as all we get is repeats of Charlie Rose!.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be drunk cos i've thumped this one too :D
    Forum Member
    'The Pulse' appears to be a fashion magazine now. Have you seen that new opening sequence? Shy Maryam is definitely no more!
    It kind of is like 'First Look', where I always expect Linzie Janis to jump on the table and dance to the theme.

And given that Bloomberg Asia always get a lot of help from Europe for their broadcast design, I bet 'Asia Edge' has an electronic theme as well, but without the presenters walking around... or do they?
    Linzie jumping up on the table and dancing to the theme? That's something i woudn't mind seeing! Yes i've saw the new sequence to "The Pulse". Andrea Catherwood is a tough act to follow but Maryam's doing quite well. I just wish she would stop wearing such dark coloured clothing during her show. No longer shy for sure!

Asia Edge has a kind of electronic rock theme. Susan looks great but not much walking around from her. She used to walk all over the place.
    Forum Member
    Wow, there's a lot of action going on here.

Anyway, the EPG announces a new show. Well, almost: At 8pm, a 30 minute-long wrap-up of 'Last Word' is scheduled.
    They would be as well as repeating the whole of 'Last Word'. Or include an additional 30 minute wrap of 'The Pulse'
    as there are quite a few interviews on that show too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problems on The Pulse this morning. Commercial breaks cut in while Maryam still speaking including one in the middle of an interview. No apology from Maryam after the break.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I usually watch The Pulse on tv. It annoys me that when a commercial break cuts in to an ongoing interview there is no apology when they come out of the break. All Bloomberg breaks appear to be 'hard' ones, i.e. the commercials come on automatically come what may. Only some of CNBC Europe's are 'hard'.
    Forum Member
    Looks like they had second thoughts about 'Wrap Up of Last Word'. Street Smart has started at 8 PM as usual this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Is maryan gay/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Francine fainted on set near the end of Countdown this morning. They quickly switched to Mark Barton who was not ready but soon got into his stride. Owen blamed the early start and hot studio and he took over the anchoring of On the Move.