Wireless Adapter

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive got a xbox that I was using a ethernet cable to connect to the pc but recently after I moved some wires under the carpet its now playing up and every so often will disconnect from the internet.

Ive checked the cable and appears the plastic coating is wearing away but the wires seem fine.

I cant remember when I bought my Xbox 360 think it was around 2008 time maybe 2009. Whenever it was it was when the HDs were being changed to a 40GB one. I know it was way after these arcade and other models had finished.

I got a wireless modem recently to use on my PC but if I unplug the ethernet cable from the xbox it wont connect online so guessing id need a wireless adapter.

I thought the 360 was built with wireless.

Comments

• AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Ive got a xbox that I was using a ethernet cable to connect to the pc but recently after I moved some wires under the carpet its now playing up and every so often will disconnect from the internet.

Ive checked the cable and appears the plastic coating is wearing away but the wires seem fine.

I cant remember when I bought my Xbox 360 think it was around 2008 time maybe 2009. Whenever it was it was when the HDs were being changed to a 40GB one. I know it was way after these arcade and other models had finished.

I got a wireless modem recently to use on my PC but if I unplug the ethernet cable from the xbox it wont connect online so guessing id need a wireless adapter.

I thought the 360 was built with wireless.

The new slim version has built in wireless... all the older models require a wi-fi adapter.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Wireless-Network-Adaptor/dp/B000AYTQ7O
  • General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    You could always buy a set of homeplugs. Plug one into your router, plug the other into your xbox. Voila! No more lengthy ethernet cable runs.