silent witness on bbc1 now

Comments

• diyqueendiyqueen Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no Harry!!!!!!!!! it just won' t be the same
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Don't like the new one so far, it just doesn't seem the same without Harry. :cry:
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry! Harry! Harry!
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Harry hasn't always been in it :)

Been watching some older ones on Alibi channel late at night recently, when Leo & Harry started alongside Sam
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    Don't like the new one so far, it just doesn't seem the same without Harry. :cry:

This.

I never really liked SW when Amanda Burton was around, it wasn't until she left.

Harry, Nikki and Leo were like the dream team.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Louise-ann wrote: »

Harry, Nikki and Leo were like the dream team.

They certainly were.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Harry - not very keen on the new guy. It distracted me from the story and I had no idea what was going on. :o:(
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is hard not to miss Harry!! :(
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I miss Harry and still want Sam Ryan back lol but it's not going to happen. They have gone and won't be coming back. Maybe Harry is having a fling with Nurse Jackie over in New York but then thinking about it flings were never his strong suit!

Last night's episode took a bit of time to get going. Leo just seemed background noise for most of the episode. Nikki very much to the fore in this one. Finding it difficult to warm to the new guy - mainly because I'm not sure what he is and found his cage fighting back story a bit of an overkill. He is some kind of 'forensic scientist'. When Nikki joined the show she was a forensic anthropologist and then without explanation she was a forensic pathologist so who knows what Jack will end up as. Wonder who Leo is going to shag and abandon this series.
  • aero63aero63 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Strange how people view things differently. I'm really pleased that Harry has gone. I found the character irritating and can't stand the actor's style of acting. I think that the new guy will inject a bit of life and conflict into the programme. I enjoyed last night's a lot more than I have enjoyed a Silent Witness in ages.
  • MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aero63 wrote: »
    Strange how people view things differently. I'm really pleased that Harry has gone. I found the character irritating and can't stand the actor's style of acting. I think that the new guy will inject a bit of life and conflict into the programme. I enjoyed last night's a lot more than I have enjoyed a Silent Witness in ages.

Yeah, I'm with you. I can't say I disliked Harry, but he's no loss to me.

The new recruit looks to have a real edge to him, which should change the dynamic of the show a bit.
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,788
    Forum Member
    aero63 wrote: »

I agree with you. Having this new character has given the series a new lease of life.

I have previously found some episodes not worth following, as some subject matters were not very interesting due in some instances to poor writing. Harry as a character had definitely gone as far as he could go in my opinion.

Last night was the first time in a long while that I found myself really interested in the storyline and the whole pace of the show seemed much better.
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon the young girl who was found dead at the end of last night's episode was also the daughter of her grandad or Uncle - so an incest story too. Not sure if she was really the daughter or if she was being paid to come into the family's life to shake things up a bit...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a completely awful programme,. poor camera work, poor lighting, poor script and tedious.
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,788
    Forum Member
    It was a completely awful programme,. poor camera work, poor lighting, poor script and tedious.

Well, thank goodness there's a wide range of channels you can watch instead then!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »
    Well, thank goodness there's a wide range of channels you can watch instead then!:rolleyes:

Yes.... just as well there are because SW is carp. :p
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Silent Witness is back, it doesn't feel like five minutes since the last series was on though!

I think I have a straight crush on Nikki Alexander....;)

I quite like the new guy. The story this week is OK but hasn't really grabbed me like other stories have.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on!

A pathologist/scientist? moonlighting as a "Cage Fighter?"

"What were the chances of that happening?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect that the dead 'daughter' 'grand daughter' 'niece' - whatever will turn out to be unrelated to the family. Wonder how long Jack's hero-worship of Harry will last? Be fun if he turns out to be gay. I'm not in the mood for another 'will he, won't he' with Nikki. :D
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was something very odd about the last five minutes. We went from the slow buildup of Sharon Small meeting her daughter (or is it 'daughter'), and the meal with the gift of the bracelet...to suddenly someone combing the Thames shingle, Sharon Small having DNA taken and the girl's body being found. It was about the most action we'd seen since the start, but treated as if it was a mood moment, with the slow doomy music robbing it of any pace. Very strange. I actually wondered if I'd missed a link, and we were being shown the 'Next Time in Silent Witness' bit at the end.
  • subbyedsubbyed Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Anyone see the laughable continuity errors on the pool table? Flippin balls moving about everywhere! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deliberately quirky and misdirection of The Killing proportions and loving Jo Brand in an electric wheelchair (Clarissa). Overall, not a bad reboot.
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they only do post mortems on murder victims? Presumably victims of accidents, heart attacks, natural causes, etc. are stacked in the chill cabinets while the pathologists are off solving crimes.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the new guy, David Caves. I saw him on stage at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre last year, in The Taming of the Shrew. He was excellent - I'm looking forward to seeing what his character does in Silent Witness.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was going to watch pt2 on iPlayer but oh dear sexy Harry Silent Witness is on Alibi now!!