Have to re-install Hudl each time it's connected to PC

mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Windows 7 SP1

When I first connected the Hudl to the PC it searched for drivers and installed it.

Every time since then when connecting the Hudl it does not appear in Computer.
Checking Device Manager it's shown but with the yellow triangle/exclamation mark.
Attempting to update the driver is met with the message that the best driver MTP USB is installed.
I ran the Microsoft Fix It to no avail.
The only way I can get it to work is by Device Manager>Uninstall, unplug the Hudl then re-connect and it installs again - until the next time and the process begins again.

Any solutions?

Comments

• skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    Windows 7 SP1

When I first connected the Hudl to the PC it searched for drivers and installed it.

Every time since then when connecting the Hudl it does not appear in Computer.
    Checking Device Manager it's shown but with the yellow triangle/exclamation mark.
    Attempting to update the driver is met with the message that the best driver MTP USB is installed.
    I ran the Microsoft Fix It to no avail.
    The only way I can get it to work is by Device Manager>Uninstall, unplug the Hudl then re-connect and it installs again - until the next time and the process begins again.

Any solutions?
    Not sure if this is the same problem, but I need to re-install drivers every single time I want to connect my Hudl to my PC.

I loved my Hudl when I first got it, but I'm counting up all the things wrong with it now and getting very close to the point at which I am thinking... "I want my money back". Especially now that the Hudl 2 is on the horizon.
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skiller wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the same problem, but I need to re-install drivers every single time I want to connect my Hudl to my PC.

That's exactly what's happening.
    However on my other PC it works fine every time so I've given up worrying/trying to solve the problem.

Other than that I'm very happy with it considering it only cost me £49 - it was £59 for a refurb (looked brand new) from Tesco outlet and I had a £10 PayPal gift voucher
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Just a point are you connecting via the same USB port each time? Are you using a hub and what settings do you have on the device as android devices can connect to computers in different ways.