PS4 comes with PS eye

Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just been into GAME to pre-order the PS4 and they showed me the pre-order book and all PS4s come with the camera. I can't see GAME being the only retailer to do this, but it seems it is.

Has GAME got it wrong or is the camera coming with it?

Comments

• He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I preordered from shopto.net and there's no camera with the console which suits me cos I don't want a camera for my console anyway. I want choice and my choice is not to get a camera.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I thought but that's a bit more than the usual exclusive stuff GAME get.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preordered from shopto.net and there's no camera with the console which suits me cos I don't want a camera for my console anyway. I want choice and my choice is not to get a camera.

Same.

The camera will instantly be sold lol.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Just been into GAME to pre-order the PS4 and they showed me the pre-order book and all PS4s come with the camera. I can't see GAME being the only retailer to do this, but it seems it is.

Has GAME got it wrong or is the camera coming with it?

As far as I am aware it doesn't it's just the PS4 pre-order sheets haven't been updated.

Could be wrong though, I'll let you know next time I am working;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I am aware it doesn't it's just the PS4 pre-order sheets haven't been updated.

Could be wrong though, I'll let you know next time I am working;)

Cheers dude.

I don't want the camera and I was a bit taken back when they showed me the book and all of them had cameras.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers dude.

I don't want the camera and I was a bit taken back when they showed me the book and all of them had cameras.

It's a separate purchase!!! Thank GOD 4 Sony showing some common sense!!! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    It's a separate purchase!!! Thank GOD 4 Sony showing some common sense!!! ;)

Amen to that. :)
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Cheers dude.

If something like that was to happen it would have been with MS - GAME and MS love each other;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a real shame, i'm a big supporter of PS Move, i even have the awesome big Sharpshooter to use during games such as resistance 3 and killzone 3

I just can't justify buying for another camera and another move controller, had it of been bundled everyone would be happy

People who want it can just plug it in, people who don't could sell it back straight away and end up paying even less for the PS4

At the same time though if not including it is why its only £350 i can't complain
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    I remember on 360 launch Game screwed ppl making them buy a bundle with 3 crummy games, hope they don't do the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Its a real shame, i'm a big supporter of PS Move, i even have the awesome big Sharpshooter to use during games such as resistance 3 and killzone 3

I just can't justify buying for another camera and another move controller, had it of been bundled everyone would be happy

People who want it can just plug it in, people who don't could sell it back straight away and end up paying even less for the PS4

At the same time though if not including it is why its only £350 i can't complain

I disagree. Not everyone would be happy with it bundled in. I don't wanna piss about sticking it on eBay or taking it to CEX to get rid of. PS4 is better without PS Eye included.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. Not everyone would be happy with it bundled in. I don't wanna piss about sticking it on eBay or taking it to CEX to get rid of. PS4 is better without PS Eye included.

Yes everyone who wants one should miss out because it would be so hard to open a box in a shop and sell it back straight away, what was i thinking
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if originally it was going to be bundled and sold at say 399 but to beat MS with a stick they had a last minute mini conference and decided to cut the price and remove the camera
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes everyone who wants one should miss out because it would be so hard to open a box in a shop and sell it back straight away, what was i thinking

I would say there are far more people who don't want one bundled than do.

It's also not as simple as just selling it straight back. It makes the initial outlay higher by x amount, and that might just be more than people can afford. Look at it from Sony's view, the more people who can buy a PS4 and build the install base, the better.
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there was one in every box, who would the people that don't want one sell it to? :confused:

Why would a shop take one as a trade in when they know the chances of someone wanting one are slim, given that everyone would get one when buying the console?

Are we expecting it to be compatible with other hardware, or as hardened sceptics are we expecting them to fail in the first few months?

imo, if it's not a requirement for the system, then not having it in the box is the only logical choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there was one in every box, who would the people that don't want one sell it to? :confused:

Why would a shop take one as a trade in when they know the chances of someone wanting one are slim, given that everyone would get one when buying the console?

Are we expecting it to be compatible with other hardware, or as hardened sceptics are we expecting them to fail in the first few months?

imo, if it's not a requirement for the system, then not having it in the box is the only logical choice.

Good point. No it isn't compatible with any other hardware.

So there we go, Sony did the right thing.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly. There would be ZERO demand for the 'Eye' as everyone with a console would have one. Shops wouldn't give you anything for it as they know there is nobody to sell them to.

Sony would have made a huge mistake bundling the Eye with the console.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And why should everyone who doesn't want one be stuck with having to pay for something they don't want?

You want PS Eye? Fine then buy one but don't force it on people like MS are doing with Kinect.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Somebody had a bowl of logic flakes this morning. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why should everyone who doesn't want one be stuck with having to pay for something they don't want?

You want PS Eye? Fine then buy one but don't force it on people like MS are doing with Kinect.

The PS4 also comes with a headset in the box using your own logic, i don't want one and not everyone in the world is going to use one, it could potentially of added a few pounds to the price tag, should we have sony remove the headset as well, or do you want a headset so its fine?

Also if the camera was included when they revealed the price you wouldn't be paying a single penny for the camera itself, you'd be paying for a PS4 that comes with a camera

To say it would of cost more if the camera was included might be true but unfortunately it is nothing more than mere speculation

Perhaps the best thing we can hope for is for shops to do bundles with the camera and bundles without then surely everyone would be happy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The PS4 also comes with a headset in the box using your own logic, i don't want one and not everyone in the world is going to use one, it could potentially of added a few pounds to the price tag, should we have sony remove the headset as well, or do you want a headset so its fine?

Also if the camera was included when they revealed the price you wouldn't be paying a single penny for the camera itself, you'd be paying for a PS4 that comes with a camera

To say it would of cost more if the camera was included might be true but unfortunately it is nothing more than mere speculation

Perhaps the best thing we can hope for is for shops to do bundles with the camera and bundles without then surely everyone would be happy

The camera isn't included in the box so arguing is pointless ;) ... As 4 the headphones they'll be cheap junk that cost literally pennies ... I'm hoping i can use my official wireless ps3 headset & keyboard with the ps4 instead tbh. :cool:
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ill wait to see if they make good use of the light beam before buying a camera. Already have a next to useless move controller for ps3
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't want to start a new thread. Does anybody know if the PS4 is a top loader or front?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread. Does anybody know if the PS4 is a top loader or front?

Front ... BRDrive is located left of the USB ports! :)