Films rarely on tv and dvd

Comments

• mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ironjade wrote: »
    "Ghost Story" has been shown several times on the Horror Channel.
    It made its début last year, which was when I accidentally erased it from my Sky+ box.
    Why it disappeared quite so completely for so long is a mystery.

Cheers, didn't recognise it at all.
  • moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Empire State is a good film. It starred the late Ray McInally and Martin Landau. Quite violent though.Not been on tv for a while.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Henry At Rawlinson End. The original sepia version please :)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I heard talk on the internet of a new DVD. So I checked the BBFC. There is a submit for 12/9/2012 by Strike Force Entertainment. As yet nothing though.

My mistake, the Strike force DVD of Breaking Glass is available. Just not cheap. Haven't checked Amazon for it in a while.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    sorry, yea, i realized it was after i posted..i watched that channel to see what was on ..must look out for Blue Lagoon again

The Blue Lagoon is back on more>movies on the 15th July at 9pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another obscurity on Movies4Men - The Hand not the Michael Caine shlocker but from 1960 co-written by Ray Cooney before he found his farce funny bone.
  • cornishpasty1cornishpasty1 Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Did it show the knife attack on the Red Indian woman as well ?
    I bought a German Uncut DVD of it a while ago.
    Soldier Blue has been available on Bluray in several countries for quite some time with foreign discs all being English friendly but I expect there will be no UK release due to the need to censor the horsefalls .
    Quite ridiculous .
    Fair enough stopping this practice now but editing it from decades old movies is stupid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was an interesting example of that regarding The Wind and the Lion which features a scene of horses galloping through glass (?) and the like, cuts were made by the BBFC in 1975. Terry Leonard, the legendary stunt director took it as a proverbial libel regarding his skills. The 2013 DVD release is complete.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    My mum loves Susan Hayward in With A song in my heart. But that never seems to be on tv.
    I managed to by a US DVD or the movie. Cant find it on dvd inn this country
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,175
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    My mum loves Susan Hayward in With A song in my heart. But that never seems to be on tv.
    I managed to by a US DVD or the movie. Cant find it on dvd inn this country

Keep a look out on TCM, it was on at 2.45 this morning.

It is also available on Amazon.co.uk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soldier Blue has been available on Bluray in several countries for quite some time with foreign discs all being English friendly but I expect there will be no UK release due to the need to censor the horsefalls .
    Quite ridiculous .
    Fair enough stopping this practice now but editing it from decades old movies is stupid.

My first encounter with Soldier Blue was a knackered old pre-cert I bought from a market stall,which is uncut.
    The film has been released since on UK VHS and DVD, cut by just over a minute in the case of the 18 VHS. Don't know about the DVD but I think it still is.

The best mistake recently was the recent UK Conan The Barbarian Blu Ray. Set the Blu language to another language other than English and it plays the film uncut. With horse falls and the other few seconds of cuts intact. I presume the budget Blu that is now in HMV etc is the same.

True Lies is another with 2 versions in the UK, the UK DVD is cut, but in an action steelbook with a couple of of other films, uncut.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    The weak and the wicked
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever Happened To Jack and Jill.
    I'm sure I've seen this on TV once in the 80's.
    Its not had a home release of any kind yet. Someone like BFI should.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    The Blue Lagoon is back on more>movies on the 15th July at 9pm.

aww thanks..yea i scanned through the tv guide on the tv planner and seen it there..set the timer
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    "An American Tail" which on Channel 5 right now. I don't remember sleeping this on TV before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking Away

"go Cutters"

I also enjoyed the tv series, Breaking Away, never seen in the UK since it premiered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    I remember a few hit records in the 70s. Fire down below by Tina Charles was a theme to a movie, probably a rubbishy british stud/bitch type film which has never seen the light of day since.
    Also Gladys Knight had a minor hit with the theme to a movie called The One and Only. Never seen that.
    Maybe some are too bad to show on telly.

Not sure whether the Henry Winkler and Kim Darby movie "The One And Only" is the one that you are thinking of.... but it is available through Youtube Streamling
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhTDh8kkUkA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    There is a film that my Mum hired out years ago in 1998 from MVC, called 'Palookaville'. It was from 1995 and it was a crime comedy with William Forsythe and it is in a similar style to 'Welcome to Collingwood'. Has anyone else seen it?
    I enjoyed Palookaville... although I bought it as a discount DVD (not sure whether it was a cinema release or direct to DVD).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was very good in that part :)

Agree.... and he put to shame the self indulgent Michael Douglas.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    "An American Tail" which on Channel 5 right now. I don't remember sleeping this on TV before.

Its normally on Sky Movies. :D
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    The original version of both Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark and The Woman In Black. Plus from Hammer: The Skull and The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll.

I finally found a copy of The Bad Seed yesterday, so right now i'm happy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    The original version of both Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark and The Woman In Black. Plus from Hammer: The Skull and The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll.

I finally found a copy of The Bad Seed yesterday, so right now i'm happy!

If you are referring to the 1989 Woman in Black TV movie, to my knowledge its been on twice. The year after it was originally broadcast, I think.
    The author Susan Hill doesn't like it going off what people have said on the net.
    It appeared on DVD in America a year or 2 before I started ordering films on the net and disappeared fairly quickly.

Let's start a campaign, Susan Hill lighten up.

Bad Seed is a great film.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't see The Killing Fields on tv. It's a brilliant movie and deserves more showing.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    aww thanks..yea i scanned through the tv guide on the tv planner and seen it there..set the timer

The Blue Lagoon is on now.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    There was a season of Edgar Allen Poe horrors on bbc2 yonks ago. They neverseem to be on anymore, havent seen them since. The Fall Of The House of Usher was one i remember