Two kindles, one account...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

I've bought my daughter a kindle but I can't figure out how to send kindle books to her kindle, instead of them going straight to mine.
Do I need to register her kindle on my account? Or does she need her own amazon account?? She's only 9 so I'd rather not do that!

Comments

• oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I thought Kindles were listed.

I have two kindles on my account. One is Kindle 1 and the other Kindle 2.

Then I have PC1,PC2, IPAD and Android to choose which one to send to.
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You register it on your account.
    Order book and it will go to your kindle.
    She then searches archive on her kindle and downloads it.

Another way is order in amazon via pc and you can select initial destination. Still need to register her on your account. This is easier if her kindle is password protected as below.

Warning Advise you setup parental controls so she cannot purchase books, surf net and download archive See amazon site for more details.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oilman wrote: »
    You register it on your account.
    Order book and it will go to your kindle.
    She then searches archive on her kindle and downloads it.

Another way is order in amazon via pc and you can select initial destination. Still need to register her on your account. This is easier if her kindle is password protected as below.

Warning Advise you setup parental controls so she cannot purchase books, surf net and download archive See amazon site for more details.

How does the achive thing work?

I tried to register it on my account, but had problems because my husband was the one who ordered it so it's registered in his account already, just to confuse me even more. :rolleyes:

She's got vouchers on my Amazon account, so she really needs to be on mine. It should be simple but I'm struggling, it's quite frustrating!

Thanks for the reminder about parental controls.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to deregister the Kindle first, either from the device or from your husband's account. Then you need to register it to your account, best from the device. Then if you buy a book for your daughter it's best to be done from the PC, because you can choose to which Kindle it should go. So then you do not need to check the archived items. Archived items contain all books purchased from the account the Kindle is registered to, but that are not on the device yet. It's so that you can download your purchases that were sent to another device. Alternatively you can go to your Amazon page and have a particular book sent to any of your registered devices.
  • GB-UKGB-UK Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Go into settings, my account and deregistered the device. Then register it again but using your account details. Then set up the parental controls on the kindle and start adding content!

Edit

Someone beat me to it!