Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You (Official Children In Need Single 2013)

x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's the next single from Ellie's Halcyon Days album and it's been confirmed as the official Children In Need single 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2KKcjSOBmk

A strange choice for a CIN single as it's already available on her album and is the soundtrack to a film, but a great little track none the less and could do well if it gets good promotion outside CIN (e.g X Factor, radio airplay). :)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's doing the first X factor results show so good promo there and a nice little song that should do well around Xmas could be a your Song scenario which is good as it's for charity. Hope Goodness Gracious is next.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very strange but it kinda worries me that Ellie seems to becoming more of a singles artist, where as I think her album's as a whole are stronger than the single choices she or her label chooses.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Very strange but it kinda worries me that Ellie seems to becoming more of a singles artist, where as I think her album's as a whole are stronger than the single choices she or her label chooses.

Same in a way. It's a bit odd...but it works that they're pushing her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was speaking to her manager recently and he said Goodness Gracious will be the next single in 2014. Perfect follow up to How Long Will I Love You
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OneK wrote: »
    I was speaking to her manager recently and he said Goodness Gracious will be the next single in 2014. Perfect follow up to How Long Will I Love You

Wow, is he a close friend or do you work in the music business?
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Number 1 on iTunes right now thanks to the CiN performance!

After hearing this on Radio 1 quite a lot I like this now its lovely :) so will be buying it now
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's okay better soongs on the original edition Joy would have been better but a great song for CIN the general public will and are lapping it up :)

And yeah she herself wanted GG so glad to hear she's getting her wish as she never got it with My Blood :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Number 1 on iTunes right now thanks to the CiN performance!

After hearing this on Radio 1 quite a lot I like this now its lovely :) so will be buying it now

It'd be amazing if this could get to no.1 on Sunday's official chart - really interesting battle anyway between Martin Garrix and Lily Allen. But Ellie's got a huge lead on iTunes now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F**king hell, how did music come to this?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was glad she dressed appropriately for her Children In Need performance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's got a massive lead on iTunes now and is now outselling Lily by more than 2 to 1, Ellie just might have her second #1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a lovely version of the song but I felt her performance of it in CiN last night was massively uncomfortable. She's not a great performer IMO.