Was Perrie Edwards the best vocalist of 2011?

MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
Forum Member
I still find it surreal that she wasn't given a shot as a solo artist, although I am more than pleased that she was put in Little Mix, of course.

Her vocals on Silent Night, Cannonball and I'm Like A Bird in particular are really quite stunning. And for me, she has the most powerful voice on the charity single, Wishing On A Star.

What is your opinion?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she definitely has the strongest voice in LM.. but overall? Im not sure. I think Amelia, Craig and even Misha would "beat" if they really tried, or could be some pretty strong competitors when it comes to having the strongest vocals (ignoring commercial appeal and all that)
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Little Mix, but I dont think anyone from that season could touch Misha B's phrasing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    But Misha had her chance with ballads (thing apart from her urban style), and to be honest she wasnt that good. She was the most polished artist or "product" from them all though, Whatever happened to her in the contest is completely apart from her skills.
    Amelia Lily was a real talent but I think she lacked confidence and tried too hard with her voice to cover that.
    Perrie in the other hand gained confidence as being surrounded by friends and a good mentor. I dont think she was a good project by herself but blended so good with the group, having great performances, but still not standing out from their bandmates.
    People are divided about her voice after the tonsillitis, I think it changed a bit, but not in a way that isnt strong as it was before, I just think they had so much work that Perrie has not dedicated enough time to have a complete recovery.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misha B, that is all.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misha B vocally was on a different league there was so much she could do with get voice
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    Craig, Misha and Marcus were probably as good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not getting all the 'Misha was the best' love. I liked her at the beginning but I don't think she was the best. I thought Amelia had a much better voice.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm not getting all the 'Misha was the best' love. I liked her at the beginning but I don't think she was the best. I thought Amelia had a much better voice.

Me too, Amelia's The Show Must Go on was one of the most impressive vocal performances of that series.
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great vocalist, but not a fan of her voice. Too affected or something. Think it works great in a group though and particularly Little Mix. they are very strong vocally.
    I dont think Perrie would cut it as a soloist.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Me too, Amelia's The Show Must Go on was one of the most impressive vocal performances of that series.

Just a shame it didn't get the standing ovation from all the judges that it deserved.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perrie was very good yes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    She might be the best vocalist in Little Mix, but in my opinion Craig was the best vocalist of that year, followed by Amelia and Misha. I thought that Sophie was good too, but we didn't see enough of her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Jesy Nelson's voice better in LM.. Leigh-anne is probably the weakest
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as people hated her, Misha B was the best vocally, followed by Kitty probably.
  • mashitupmashitup Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Amelia :cool: