Gwyneth Paltrow voted most hated celeb

13»

Comments

• ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching The Graham Norton Show she is on, right now. I find her charming and pleasant and up-for-a-laugh! I couldn't believe that she was voted the most hated in the same week.

Sure she has a righteous blog, but the internet is crammed with them. You choose which you read. She is talking about something she cares about.

I'd say Gwyneth doesn't care that she was voted the most hated. She can take it with a pinch of salt. Lee Mack on the same couch on this show is far more annoying, in my opinion.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would anyone create a poll on who's the most hated? Its beyond sick. Hatred is not normal.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her own quote sums her up best

She's too try hard and just irritates people.

"Normal mother"
    Of course you are dear.
    Aside from the fact that you are an award winning actress (and multi-millionaire) married to another multi-millionaire, you're JUST like the rest of us.:rolleyes:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot see anything much to get irate about.:confused:

She works hard and doesn't feel the need to sell herself and her family at every opportunity.

In the land of celebs/celebzs she doesn't annoy me even a tenth as much as some.

I don't think she deserves this recent accolade when there are nobodies like Kelly Osbourne and Kim Kardashian who, imho, are much more deserving of the win.:confused:

Its a funny old world where talentless nobodies are applauded for turning up to the opening of an envelope.:(
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot see anything much to get irate about.:confused:

She works hard and doesn't feel the need to sell herself and her family at every opportunity.

In the land of celebs/celebzs she doesn't annoy me even a tenth as much as some.

I don't think she deserves this recent accolade when there are nobodies like Kelly Osbourne and Kim Kardashian who, imho, are much more deserving of the win.:confused:

Its a funny old world where talentless nobodies are applauded for turning up to the opening of an envelope.:(

Chill. :) It's a meaningless poll by a trashy tabloid rag where people have expressed an opinion about someone who's currently irritating the crap out of them. There'll be a new one along next week with someone else at the top.

Oh and for the record, she sells the crap out of herself. She's a pretentious, name-dropping, self-absorbed, crap-spouting fool and I reserve my right to call her on that as long as she continues to act like that. :cool:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Chill. :) It's a meaningless poll by a trashy tabloid rag where people have expressed an opinion about someone who's currently irritating the crap out of them. There'll be a new one along next week with someone else at the top.

Oh and for the record, she sells the crap out of herself. She's a pretentious, name-dropping, self-absorbed, crap-spouting fool and I reserve my right to call her on that as long as she continues to act like that. :cool:

OK.:D
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK.:D

Thank you! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why when women say they don't like another woman is it always put down to jealousy... Maybe they just don't like them.. Full stop

Eh? So by that logic I would have to like every woman in the world or I'm jealous of them. :confused: I'll never understand people who say this.

I can't say I hate any celebs as I don't know them personally, however I do find Gwyneth annoying as she comes across as patronising.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Yes. I think that people think she "flaunts" it even though she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth (Steven Spielberg is her godfather etc...) and that's all she's ever known.

I think you've put your finger on the dislike for her actually. Nothing worse than someone completely out-of-touch pontificating to others.

Hate seems too strong though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Probably was a light hearted poll - but hate is far too strong a word to use IMO.

GP is an award winning actress and appears to have a happy family life. She doesn't bother me at all - many more Z-list non-entities around that do rile me, especially those who have found fame/notoriety via sleeping with a famous person.

Although I can see why folk get annoyed at her - very much a Park Avenue Princess who has no concept of reality. This in itself is fine by me - but she does like to pontificate about how us mere mortals can have the same sort of lifestyle which I think is just plain daft. Deluded rather than malicious I feel.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's kind-of pathetic that people would cite her blog as a reason for why it's OK to hate her. No-one is forcing anyone to read it.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching The Graham Norton Show she is on, right now. I find her charming and pleasant and up-for-a-laugh! I couldn't believe that she was voted the most hated in the same week.

Sure she has a righteous blog, but the internet is crammed with them. You choose which you read. She is talking about something she cares about.

I'd say Gwyneth doesn't care that she was voted the most hated. She can take it with a pinch of salt. Lee Mack on the same couch on this show is far more annoying, in my opinion.

Innit. I like Gwyneth. Never really understood the hate she gets from people. She always seems to come across as pretty cool in interviews that I've seen with her with her latest Graham Norton appearance being another example. People whinging about her blog because it's not written for them? Well don't read it then, it really is that simple.

Lee Mack on the other hand is just an annoying, unfunny try-hard who shouldn't even claim to be a comedian.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's now been slated for 'sexualising' little girls by promotion of this bikini on Goop.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2313199/Gwyneth-Paltrow-Star-facing-backlash-grown-bikinis-girls-aged-four.html

Talk about a fuss over nothing. Little girls have been wearing bikinis for years and to me there's nothing offensive about this one.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's now been slated for 'sexualising' little girls by promotion of this bikini on Goop.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2313199/Gwyneth-Paltrow-Star-facing-backlash-grown-bikinis-girls-aged-four.html

Talk about a fuss over nothing. Little girls have been wearing bikinis for years and to me there's nothing offensive about this one.

The Daily Mail are obsessed with supposed attempts to sexualise children. Ironic, as they also love to do stories about girls in trouble at school for inappropriate dress, with plenty of photographs.
  • stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be honest guys, if you could, you would ( know what I mean, wink, wink, nudge,nudge ) :D
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Innit. I like Gwyneth. Never really understood the hate she gets from people. She always seems to come across as pretty cool in interviews that I've seen with her with her latest Graham Norton appearance being another example. People whinging about her blog because it's not written for them? Well don't read it then, it really is that simple.

Lee Mack on the other hand is just an annoying, unfunny try-hard who shouldn't even claim to be a comedian.

Very true. Also like Carr, has to dominate the proceedings.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I do not get the hate. There are far worst celebs out there. Yes she's a bit out of touch with reality, the Goop thing is irritating, but this film stars all are. At least she's not afraid to show the public that being perfect takes bloody hard work, it's not like some celebs that wants us to believe they get out of bed looking marvellous.

And how absolutely drop dead gorgeous she looked in Graham Norton? Best looking celeb I've seen in ages. Her outfit was flawless.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member

I agree. Ridiculous. When i was a child i always wanted to wear the Bikini top just like my mother and i did. It did not even cross my mind the bikini top was to cover something. In all my beach photographs as a child i'm wearing the bikini top but totally out of place.:D
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    I do not get the hate. There are far worst celebs out there. Yes she's a bit out of touch with reality, the Goop thing is irritating, but this film stars all are. At least she's not afraid to show the public that being perfect takes bloody hard work, it's not like some celebs that wants us to believe they get out of bed looking marvellous.

And how absolutely drop dead gorgeous she looked in Graham Norton? Best looking celeb I've seen in ages. Her outfit was flawless.

Yeah, she's a bit of a twit, and I certainly don't hate her, but one thing about her really grates on me anyway - her voice. That nasal whine - arrrrggggggh!

Goop's only intended to be read by women like her who can afford the stuff she promotes. There'll always be rich bods about, it's not worth getting mad over.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I think people hate any celebrity who thinks they're better than anybody else - and she does come across a bit like that. A bit I'm so perfect with my life, my cookery (really?) my perfect lifestyle - she's a bit Anthea Turner who's also hated for being Little Miss Perfect.

I don't really get it why people would hate her that much - she's pretty harmless!

If she admitted to having a chocolate binge or came across a bit less perfect maybe people wouldn't vote this way.

We like our celebs to have flaws - or at least appear human once in a while.