Stooshe Album Preview

4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
Forum Member
Previews of Stooshe's new album are now out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFlqzr11D78&feature=player_embedded Really like the sound of this album it sounds so different and fun and there voices sound great together think I will end up purchasing this .

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I really like the last two songs and Love Me but that's all really :( I thought I'd like it a lot more than I do...I love the album cover though.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Hahah I have like the complete opposite view, I don't like the last two songs or the album cover, absolutely love 'See Me Like This', 'My Man Music' & 'Kiss Chase' though. Sounds pretty good overall, not really what I had expected when they debuted though.
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds quite samey...not sure if i will buy this now...
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say i LOVE Turning me On and i like Waterfalls and Kiss Chase- the rest....meh. Shame really, vocally these girls blend so well together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its on my amazon wishlist :p
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the sound of this My Man Music and Kiss Chase .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    troy4783 wrote: »
    Love the sound of this My Man Music and Kiss Chase .

My two favourites from the previews
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I don't like the cover, their single covers were so so good and then they had to choose this as the album cover :sleep:

I like the 1st half of the album than the 2nd half, overall a very good album I'd say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    So excited for this! I'm loving Turning Me On, Jimmy and Kiss Chase can't wait to hear them in full. The only thing I don't like is the artwork it's really boring considering how 'crazy' and 'fresh' the band's supposed to be!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh exicted for this but in a way have been doubting as I have not liked the singles (apart from Black heart). It's very old school R&B in ways which is great as I miss R&B around in the charts.

I think they may be the next Eternal, with elements of TLC. I also think they are gonna achieve the success that The 411 could've had.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite underwhelmed :o I only really like Black Heart, My Man Music, Waterfalls and Turning Me On. I liked Love Me but kinda over it now. Wish they had put Betty Woz Gone on the album too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "My Man Music" needs to be the next single..... It'll create a whole bunch of new fans for the girls!!!!
    I have a fear that "Aint No Other Me" will be the next single just in time for Xmas.. you might have heard the reference to xmas & new year in the preview! If this is the case then their label needs a kick up the ass!!

MY MAN MUSIC - FTW!!!!!!
  • Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've surprised myself at how much I like Stooshe. I pre-ordered the deluxe version of the album yesterday. I agree with nooneoo about the cover though. They've had some good single covers and I was expecting something similar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for Stooshe's album! I like the sound of the previews and there are 7 extra songs on the deluxe version too. :)
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like some of their stuff, but waterfalls is one of those songs that will never sound as good as the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEtxJ4-sh4

(and for those of you who don't know TLC, Creep is an iconic album that everyone should listen to :) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »
    I like some of their stuff, but waterfalls is one of those songs that will never sound as good as the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEtxJ4-sh4

(and for those of you who don't know TLC, Creep is an iconic album that everyone should listen to :) )

I love TLC and when I heard that Stooshe had covered it I thought that it wasn't a very good move for them. Firstly, it will never have the same sound and feeling as the original and secondly some people will think that releasing a cover is a negative thing. But after seeing their performance at the MOBOs, I thought they sounded great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZrqeKz-PxI

Loads of amazing songs have been covered by many different artists, it doesn't/couldn't take anything away from TLCs version and they sound great, so I don't really have a problem with it tbh.

I agree, I love Creep but then I love the whole of CrazySexyCool anyway! :)
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love TLC and when I heard that Stooshe had covered it I thought that it wasn't a very good move for them. Firstly, it will never have the same sound and feeling as the original and secondly some people will think that releasing a cover is a negative thing. But after seeing their performance at the MOBOs, I thought they sounded great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZrqeKz-PxI

Loads of amazing songs have been covered by many different artists, it doesn't/couldn't take anything away from TLCs version and they sound great, so I don't really have a problem with it tbh.

Argghh i always call it creep rather than crazysexycool! (I've done it before on this forum LOL)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I love the old school vibe the tracks have. Favourites are Turning Me On, Kiss Chase, See Me Like this and Your Own Kind Of Beautiful.

I hope they get a top 10 with this. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad::(

Album delayed yet again - now going to be released in March 2013. FFS. They sure know how to mess around their fans. I didn't mind so much the first delay when they pushed it back to this month back in June, but doing it again is taking the p*ss to be honest. The album sounded great too.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    :mad::(

Album delayed yet again - now going to be released in March 2013. FFS. They sure know how to mess around their fans. I didn't mind so much the first delay when they pushed it back to this month back in June, but doing it again is taking the p*ss to be honest. The album sounded great too.

Whaaaaat?! I hope it leaks now tbh.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

The other thing about the cover is that a lot of younger fans might check out the original if they find out it's a cover. That can only be a good thing :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whaaaaat?! I hope it leaks now tbh.

Check out the DS music home page - it's the main story. :)

So annoyed by this. They've clearly pushed it back because of Waterfalls underperforming (the press statement that they released about recording new, better songs smells like total BS to be honest). Only yesterday did they post a Twitter pic of all the albums they were going to sign so that press statement is a load of rubbish! The album sounded excellent. Seriously, pushing it back again is going to do them more harm than good IMO. Silly decision. :(
  • LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am shocked by this. But i think the album would of flopped anyway. There is no hype or anticipation or any press regarding the release. They should of released the album on the back of Black heart, not the back of a shitty cover.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I smell a shelved album:o Would be surprised if it ever gets released.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell are they gonna do with all of these? All the CDs have gone to print!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7qGqWNCEAA1Tmw.jpg

It'll end up leaking... pushing it back is going do to them more harm than releasing the album now would have done. They should have carried on with the 26 Nov release date, dropped a new single in the new year and go hard with promo and build the album sales back up with a Black Heart-esque song. Or even done a re-release with a few new songs and billed that as the 'actual' album. They're foolish for pulling this just over a week away from the release.