Battle advisors?

NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Where the hell are they?

The preview was so short and how It was put across it didn't look like there were any battle advisors

If there's not the BBC aren't doing this right at all

Comments

• _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were completely pointless last year so it's probably a good idea if they're not coming back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Where the hell are they?

The preview was so short and how It was put across it didn't look like there were any battle advisors

If there's not the BBC aren't doing this right at all

An absolutely non-event of a preview I may add. It looks like the BBC are (like with the first season) doing another rush job of a battle rounds scenario and another reason why a commercial channel should take over the realms for Season 3 (and with a bigger budget to boot).
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KToure wrote: »
    An absolutely non-event of a preview I may add. It looks like the BBC are (like with the first season) doing another rush job of a battle rounds scenario and another reason why a commercial channel should take over the realms for Season 3 (and with a bigger budget to boot).

They needed to do a 1 minute plus preview slower with more about the steals
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like the mentors will be introduced in the first battle round. In the Radio Times there is a picture of Danny with Dido as his advisor but there is no mention of the others. They don't really play that big a part though, at least on screen, perhaps they do more that we don't get to see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Singer Dido will be on hand to help out Danny O’Donoghue in the upcoming Voice UK battle rounds

After the final blind auditions at the weekend, the potential Voice 2013 finalists have been confirmed, with just 48 hopefuls left in the running.

But half of them will be cut this weekend as the Battle Rounds begin.

In the Battles each Coach will pair up their acts to sing against each other in a series of sure to be exciting vocal duets, which will decide who will progress to the next stage.

After each Battle, the Artists’ own Coach must decide from each pairing who will progress to the next round and who to send home.

Before the performances however, the Coaches along with trusted fellow pop stars and music industry veterans – their Battle Advisors – will dedicate themselves to developing their Artists, sharing the secrets of their success and making their team’s voices the very best they can be.

Last year’s battle advisors included Paloma Faith, Scissor Sisters star Ana Matronic and Dante Santiago.

Dante will be back helping out Will.i.am this year, while Dido will be giving Danny and his artists a pre-battle pep talk and training.

The Voice UK battle rounds start on Saturday night at 8:35PM on BBC One
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    They should go for more high profile guest Coaches like they have in the US/ Australian versions.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should go for more high profile guest Coaches like they have in the US/ Australian versions.

Don't see why to be honest

Last year they were pretty pointless --- didn't paloma faith throw a wobbly or something and virtually get cut out of the edit altogether

The program should be about the contestants and their mentors and everyone else is just window dressing

The BBC get hammered for spending on the show anyway so why spend more than the have to. I wouldn't bother with helpers at all
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree for example

Pharrell with Usher

I'm sure Jessie could pull a high profile name and I don't see why will couldn't have Fergie on this year