Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    is this what a 'supergroup' now consist of???

This or Busted and McFly :p
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    is this what a 'supergroup' now consist of???

Only on planet Metal Hammer :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member

Oooooh look there I am! 64th row back 16 in from the right, black tshirt.

Amazing gig last night, too many highlights to list! Just gotta get through today to see them again tonight! Not sure I will stop buzzing for a month at this rate!
  • ONeillDigSpyONeillDigSpy Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    What about Paradise Lost and Nightwish?
    I consider those 2 bands to be top of their game.
    I've seen PL many times.

I saw Paradise Lost a few weeks ago but didn't like them at all, Nightwish are ok, I didn't like their last singer but with the new girl they should be better, i'm not the biggest fan of the whole symphonic metal sound though
    Forum Member
    You might also like...

Delain
    Leaves' Eyes
    Pythia
    Winter In Eden

Both Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation have albums due out early next year. :)

I'm seeing Delain in April, I think I like the other bands, would need to check them out again.
    Forum Member
    I saw Paradise Lost a few weeks ago but didn't like them at all, Nightwish are ok, I didn't like their last singer but with the new girl they should be better, i'm not the biggest fan of the whole symphonic metal sound though

What do you prefer then?
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was a great Queens of the Stone Age gig, highlights for me Sick, Sick, Sick, Vampyre of Time and Memory, Little Sister

I went on Friday it was amazing. Got on the edge of a mosh pit, made it out alive!
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen these mentioned in a link from a thread on here and must admit I like these 'Royal Thunder'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6AnMBM6NNI
    Forum Member
    Seen these mentioned in a link from a thread on here and must admit I like these 'Royal Thunder'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6AnMBM6NNI

I enjoyed that :)
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm seeing Delain in April, I think I like the other bands, would need to check them out again.

Is that with Within Temptation?
    Forum Member
    Is that with Within Temptation?

yes, i like within temptation too
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    What do you prefer then?

mostly very heavy doom/goth metal, my music tastes can vary widely
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, i like within temptation too

We're going to see them @ Wembley. Really looking forward to seeing both bands again, should be a great night.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian Watkins has pleased guilty.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian Watkins has pleased guilty.

Just noticed the typo, I meant *pleaded. But, you knew that.
    Forum Member
    Just noticed the typo, I meant *pleaded. But, you knew that.

Yes but shhh!. DS has deleted all the threads about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I think it is probably best not discussed as I think we all will feel the same
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyhoooooo moving on, what is it with that Steel Panther? I don't get the joke
    Forum Member

Me neither. I thought they were supposed to be ironic but then I read some stuff about what their gigs are like & they sound like dicks.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I always thought they were a Spinal Tap kind of thing but apparently not :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought they were a Spinal Tap kind of thing but apparently not :eek:

That was what I thought, but jokes only last so long, Bad News did it to perfection, Spinal Tap didn't kick the arse out of it. But these seem to be taking it to a different level
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well have to try and buy tickets for Arcade Fire tomorrow morning for colleagues kids, they see to be quite popular, fingers crossed
    Forum Member
    That was what I thought, but jokes only last so long, Bad News did it to perfection, Spinal Tap didn't kick the arse out of it. But these seem to be taking it to a different level

I found this post on another forum

Re: Steel Panther UK/EU Tour 2014
    Good sleaze rock fun on record, utterly retarded live - "hey show us your tits...this song's about sperm and pussy...got herpes from this girl i did last night...think that girl over there should show us her tits...shall we do a song now? no, let's tell some shit joke about jizz and tits instead....zzzzzz"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    I found this post on another forum

Re: Steel Panther UK/EU Tour 2014
    Good sleaze rock fun on record, utterly retarded live - "hey show us your tits...this song's about sperm and pussy...got herpes from this girl i did last night...think that girl over there should show us her tits...shall we do a song now? no, let's tell some shit joke about jizz and tits instead....zzzzzz"

but obviously people like them, slayer sound sooo much better than them lol