PS4 Shopto preorders

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
Forum Member
Has anyone else preordered a PS4 with shopto? I preordered back in June on the premise that I was ordering just the PS4, at an assumed price of £350.

They have since forced me to increase my preorder to a bundle, otherwise I would have had to cancel. I have chosen the cheapest bundle which offers a second controller - £435 for PS4, Fifa 14 and a controller.

Has anyone here preordered a PS4, or X-Box One for that matter, from shopto? Pleased with the price?

I have just found this article :

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/08/simplygames-under-fire-for-raising-cost-of-ps4-pre-orders-4138340/

Shopto have done the same as simplygames.

In light of my friend getting an email from Amazon, where he has preordered, to say that they have decreased the price of his bundle by £20, this now makes me feel like my deal, forced upon me if I wanted to press ahead, is a bit rubbish.

No biggy if I have to cancel but I'm wondering if people with shop preorders are happy with their deals?

Comments

• Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did they force you or gave you a choice? cause i have an order there and they have not forced me to do anything
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did they force you to swap?

The email they sent was prompting you to take a look at the bundles, and of course they want to sell them so they - like any marketing email - try and push you towards doing it, but it wasn't forced!

I actually got 2 emails for some reason, here's hoping I get two consoles :D
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    OP, feel sorry for you for that. Something you'll have to remember for the future.

I've stuck with Amazon - they allowed me to upgrade to a bundle or to keep the solos PS4 at the original price.

Console launches really do show the difference between good retailers and the bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    I disagree.

Tit-for-tat behaviour in full effect.

The guy was running his mouth expecting nothing to happen. Got what he deserved.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I've preordered and paid for console only & had no emails forcing me to buy bundles, only showing what's available
  • AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    You had the choice to swap... I also had the choice to swap and did so.

Nothing was forced upon you from shopto
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    I disagree.

Tit-for-tat behaviour in full effect.

The guy was running his mouth expecting nothing to happen. Got what he deserved.

No. ShopTo tried to cancel his account because they thought he was talking to them. Whereas in fact the customer was talking to his friend.

If running your mouth to a friend results in a retail company banning customers, then this country would be in the dark ages.
  • DragonicDragonic Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You had the choice to swap... I also had the choice to swap and did so.

Nothing was forced upon you from shopto

Same here. Just checked my Preorder and mine is still sitting there for £348.98 so no idea where this 'being forced' to upgrade has come from for the OP. My order was also placed in June.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    No. ShopTo tried to cancel his account because they thought he was talking to them. Whereas in fact the customer was talking to his friend.

If running your mouth to a friend results in a retail company banning customers, then this country would be in the dark ages.

And even if he was aiming it at shop.to, they should really have thicker skin. Sky would probably be a million customers less if they cancelled every customer who moaned at them on the phone.

Just look at the communication between him and shop.to on twitter, that is no way to deal with a customer on a public forum. It was almost like the customer service agent on twitter was taking it personally and decided to go after him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »

They should of reinstated his account, they should not of gave him a PS4

This will just encourage more people to moan at stores of social media in the hopes they can screen shot a 'mistake' by the store and get free stuff as the company won't want the bad press
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    They should of reinstated his account, they should not of gave him a PS4

This will just encourage more people to moan at stores of social media in the hopes they can screen shot a 'mistake' by the store and get free stuff as the company won't want the bad press

It's good publicity for them.

The max they should have given him should have been £20 worth of points for his card!!!

Wonder if anyone else will now try a similar trick?
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *nvm. Ignore me* :D /shouldareadallthearticlebeforeposting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »

Doesn't matter.

Just because you are a retailer does not mean you can get shit thrown at you.

If you disrespect someone to be it a company or a person, to their face or not, expect consequences.

He won't act the big I am next time.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Doesn't matter.

Just because you are a retailer does not mean you can get shit thrown at you.

If you disrespect someone to be it a company or a person, to their face or not, expect consequences.

He won't act the big I am next time.

Why won't he act the same next time? He wasn't rude to shop.to directly, he was speaking to his friend.
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Why won't he act the same next time? He wasn't rude to shop.to directly, he was speaking to his friend.

Chopoff - you're simply not getting the point. as Red Arrow said above, he wasn't swearing at shop.to directly.

The T&C clause that was activated in this case was to protect abuse being sent to them directly. The fact they have come out, apologised, and given the customer a free PS4 indicates that Shop.to have realised their massive mistake and have gone to remedy the situation.