Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be watching PA's show next week, for the Malteser experience. :cool: Can't wait to see DOTY get his Best International Male award... and how his Ambassadorship was awarded on the strength of his 'charity work'.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is more saccharine than sugar - artificial and with a bitter after-taste.

That is a brilliant line.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    I see him more of a dick in teenager's clothing :eek:Yes I did say that

I'm not sure, dicks provide a useful function, the same cannot be said for Andre
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure, dicks provide a useful function, the same cannot be said for Andre

Anything I could have called the bloke has a function haha, I think we need to find a new name for people like him :D

I just wonder back on the topic of his show, if he has a hang up about his height why doesn't he do something about his posture?

Coming up, in Peter Andre's My Life, Peter is on his way to a physiotherapist, Sarah Bollocktash has been a leading physiotherapist for the past twenty years, she has helped many celebrities overcome their height issues with physiotherapy.

"Not sure about this but it has to be worth a try now I'm dating a giant,"

After the session Peter looks much more taller.

"I feel fantastic, Sarah Bollocktash has changed my life, I even feel happier,"

*walks off into the distance still looking as short as ever*
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    Maybe he didn't have the necessary insurance, it is similar to the States in this respect and as a British citizen was able to be treated in the UK. The Royal Marsden is one of the top cancer hospitals in the world and it seems his family were with him. Not that I saw any of Pete's show

Australia is most certainly NOT like the US with regards to healthcare, we have Medicare and a free public hospital system where Andrew would have received the very best of care, his cancer was advanced when diagnosed so the outcome would have been the same whether in the UK or Oz. The Andre family have been living in Australia since the 70's and I believe took out Australian citizenship, if not then they bloody well should after living there all this time, his parents are very well off for money (retired property developers from the Gold Coast) so could easily have paid for their sons private health care in Brisbane or at the excellent Royal Prince Alfred Hospital or St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney where cancer treatment is second to none but Andrew was dragged over by Petey-babe to create a story line for his show - he did not need to be included in the show if his medical treatment was first priority.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Australia is most certainly NOT like the US with regards to healthcare, we have Medicare and a free public hospital system where Andrew would have received the very best of care, his cancer was advanced when diagnosed so the outcome would have been the same whether in the UK or Oz. The Andre family have been living in Australia since the 70's and I believe took out Australian citizenship, if not then they bloody well should after living there all this time, his parents are very well off for money (retired property developers from the Gold Coast) so could easily have paid for their sons private health care in Brisbane or at the excellent Royal Prince Alfred Hospital or St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney where cancer treatment is second to none but Andrew was dragged over by Petey-babe to create a story line for his show - he did not need to be included in the show if his medical treatment was first priority.

Totally agree with this post
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 100%. Andrew wasn't brought over for treatment. He was dragged halfway around the world for ratings.

See Peter suffer... See Peter care so very, very much. See Peter, DOTY and BrOTY on ITV2 this Thursday!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Agree 100%. Andrew wasn't brought over for treatment. He was dragged halfway around the world for ratings.

See Peter suffer... See Peter care so very, very much. See Peter, DOTY and BrOTY on ITV2 this Thursday!

That is so harsh and I just wish it wasn't true.
    Sadly it is true.:(
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. Not at all. If you're getting aeriated about a 'wink' you're getting aeriated over very little, especially as I'm not picking on any specific poster. If I'd used the 'roll eyes' I'd have no doubt got it in the ear as well, but do carry on if that's what floats your boat....;) ;)

Many have and still complain. There IS an off switch or channel changer on most TV's I believe....:D

Personally I'm falling for nothing, as I don't watch it. :D

Comparing PA to heroin - please. :D:D A huge bag of Tate & Lyle's finest would be more like it. ;)

I'll be watching - and I'm not particularly keen on the idiot....I find the 'there is an off switch / change channels' position rather frustrating. Are we not allowed to watch programs that may put our heckles up or make us groan?
    How many people watched the 'dogging' documentary - who don't understand the attraction of dogging and after watching it felt a level of amusement / disgust / disbelief at the people who took part?
    I also watch programs such as 'toddlers and tiara's / dance moms / real housewives etc. Do I like all the people featured? Certainly not. I'm not sure why I watch them. But I know I can find the people featured irritating / unelievable / not very nice etc.
    Also addressing the argument about people moaning about the show before it has even been aired. The official ITV episode guide made it very clear that the show was all about PA's grief. PA's team are fully aware what ITV will be putting in their episode guides / trailers. Gemma Wheatley even tweeted that they had now agreed and signed off the trailers etc.
    I also believe that most people don't have a real issue with the young girl featured in this last episode - most people just have an issue about how PA turned her situation into something 'all about him'. There was no need for him to be shown having to leave the room, still miked up so the film crew could record everything he said. I do wonder how the young girl and her family felt knowing that by meeting him it would cause the situation it did - him having to leave the room because he couldn't handle it? That really didn't need to be shown - the part where he had to leave the room could have easily been left out.

One thing about this episode that really made me laugh was when CP phoned PA to tell him that KP had released a statement about her marriage and the various headlines about PA's response to her marriage. Funny how the film crew were filming CP in one location making the phone call to him - while at exactly the same time there was another film crew in a totally different location filming him taking the call! What a coincidence!
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Well I see the first episode got like 1 million viewers which is obviously very good. So it must have a market but for me, I am baffled as to why so many people seem to find it interesting.

We really seem to be a nation of nosey people going off this show. Nothing interesting happens, he looks after his kids (like most dads) and goes and does his music. But nothing happens which is remotely interesting.

Claire still seems to be on the show and his brothers follow him around. The sad indictment of the show is if Peter Andre didn't have his kids on the show, he would not have a show would he?

I can only imagine mothers up and down the country watch the show because they seem to love watching him looking after his children. Its just bizarre though and I wonder how many more series can he stretch out? 8 series for this sort of show is incredible really.

What I found odd also was when he was on his phone and was told about Katie Price comments, he said he didn't want to get involved in that *sh*t and then got them to film him going on twitter to talk about it.

The whole show seems to revolve around his kids and I find it a bit uncomfortable.

I think the crux of the matter is that the children add a huge chunk onto the ratings.

As soon as KP dropped the children from her show, her ratings dropped. Yes, she moved to a Subscription channel, so of course, an drop in ratings was anticipated, but removing the children made the drop (IMO) much more dramatic. I think PA and CAN are perfectly aware of this - of course they are - and consequently, we will always see PA with the children.

We in this country are fascinated by the children of celebrities. Harvey, Princess and Junior will always be of interest to the viewing public; they are invested, particularly in PA's natural children, because they'v been watching them since KP became pregnant. And, let's face it, they're cute kids.

I also think there's a lot to be said regarding the point someone made about PA being perfect Father/Stepfather material, when compared to the blokes in the lives of his fanbase. He is an artificial construct, but I do admire CAN and PA, because the DOTY, supercaring, heartbroken victim of KP has been a work of genius - and has earned everyone involved a fortune.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hunniebun wrote: »
    I'll be watching - and I'm not particularly keen on the idiot....I find the 'there is an off switch / change channels' position rather frustrating. Are we not allowed to watch programs that may put our heckles up or make us groan?
    How many people watched the 'dogging' documentary - who don't understand the attraction of dogging and after watching it felt a level of amusement / disgust / disbelief at the people who took part?
    I also watch programs such as 'toddlers and tiara's / dance moms / real housewives etc. Do I like all the people featured? Certainly not. I'm not sure why I watch them. But I know I can find the people featured irritating / unelievable / not very nice etc.
    Also addressing the argument about people moaning about the show before it has even been aired. The official ITV episode guide made it very clear that the show was all about PA's grief. PA's team are fully aware what ITV will be putting in their episode guides / trailers. Gemma Wheatley even tweeted that they had now agreed and signed off the trailers etc.
    I also believe that most people don't have a real issue with the young girl featured in this last episode - most people just have an issue about how PA turned her situation into something 'all about him'. There was no need for him to be shown having to leave the room, still miked up so the film crew could record everything he said. I do wonder how the young girl and her family felt knowing that by meeting him it would cause the situation it did - him having to leave the room because he couldn't handle it? That really didn't need to be shown - the part where he had to leave the room could have easily been left out.

One thing about this episode that really made me laugh was when CP phoned PA to tell him that KP had released a statement about her marriage and the various headlines about PA's response to her marriage. Funny how the film crew were filming CP in one location making the phone call to him - while at exactly the same time there was another film crew in a totally different location filming him taking the call! What a coincidence!

Beautifully explained. However, I feel your reason will be wasted.

How can you expect logical understanding from FM's who question attacks on one media-whoring zeleb, whilst spending all day long slating another media-whoring zeleb? ;);)
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't say nobody was 'allowed', so that's a bit of a strawman argument. I just wonder what makes people watch a programme when its subject seems so loathed. OK, the programme guide said it was about Andre's grief, but in that case, why watch if you are so against that grief being shown? Surely better not to watch, viewing figures will go down and the Andre's show will be taken off.

Personally, I don't watch T&T, Dance Moms etc as they aren't to my personal taste, but whatever floats your boat and if you get actual enjoyment from those shows that's your prerogative, but to go out of your way to watch a programme with gritted teeth and purely for the 'fun' of ripping its subject to bits later on, well, I just don't get it.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

FABULOUS post.

Also, hugely laughable that those that wax most lyrical about anti PA posters watching his shows, are the ones who are anti KP and posting about her with clips from assorted shows.
    :)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    He is an artificial construct, but I do admire CAN and PA, because the DOTY, supercaring, heartbroken victim of KP has been a work of genius - and has earned everyone involved a fortune.

Can't argue with this. The fact CAN have invented a public image as a poor, hard done by victim who only wants to love his kids in private (apart from the camera crew) for a washed up popstar who most of the gbp still think of as a one hit wonder, is really a work of art.
    To make millions and drag the act out for so many years is beyond what their wildest dreams must have been when they started out with the DOTY bullsh*t
  • Gordon ClownGordon Clown Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This guy is such a nobody its embarrassing.

The only reason he is even remotely relevant here is because of another nobody and that's saying something. I saw some of his show and it was tragic. Id rather eat my own faeces than watch him live.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The only reason he is even remotely relevant here is because of another nobody and that's saying something. I saw some of his show and it was tragic. Id rather eat my own faeces than watch him live.

Have just snorted assam tea up my nose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I take it you won't be buying a ticket when he eventually does his Wembley gig then? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is so harsh and I just wish it wasn't true.
    Sadly it is true.:(

Very sad indeed, thank goodness I don't watch his shows.
  • Gordon ClownGordon Clown Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I take it you won't be buying a ticket when he eventually does his Wembley gig then? :D

Most certainly not. I mean who would? Cougars who aren't getting any willy in their real lives is all I can presume.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great post, Hunniebun. Quite tragic that all this still needs to be said but...

Re BIB - exactly. Always the way. A real case of 'It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it.'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !

Hunniebun
    I thought all your post was excellent but especially this part.. I whole heartedly agree with you..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Great post, Hunniebun. Quite tragic that all this still needs to be said but...

Re BIB - exactly. Always the way. A real case of 'It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it.'

Got that song stuck in my head now :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Got that song stuck in my head now :(

Excuse me for going off-topic but I recently learned that that is known as an ear-worm.
    It was a new one on me.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hunniebun
    I thought all your post was excellent but especially this part.. I whole heartedly agree with you..

Me to, no one is criticising him seeing a dying fan, just his decision to parade her in front of the cameras for some good press.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me to, no one is criticising him seeing a dying fan, just his decision to parade her in front of the cameras for some good press.

I understand her being on the show was a final wish but to then make it about him and not her is unforgivable
This discussion has been closed.