Toshiba 100 Hz widecreen TV

Today I saw in the BHF TV rack a widecreen (36 inch I think) TV that was in very clean order. What I noticed is that the picture was sharper and clearer than the Panasonic model next to it. It was also 100 Hz which sounds fancy!

Anyway, as my Philips 4:3 model is starting to go out of focus on one side I was interested in getting it but don't know anything about this range having never owned Toshiba.

Are these 100 Hz sets a good idea or is there any negative impact on picture quality? Thanks for any input.

Comments

• tellymantellyman Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go and get it. Probably the best crt set ever produced, cracking picture. Mind your back though.
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,243
    Forum Member
    tellyman wrote: »
    Go and get it. Probably the best crt set ever produced, cracking picture. Mind your back though.

Thanks - measuring up my available space now and if it is not too deep I will have it! £75 makes it the dearest in the shop but the quality stood out across the room.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,437
    Forum Member
    Soundbox wrote: »
    Thanks - measuring up my available space now and if it is not too deep I will have it! £75 makes it the dearest in the shop but the quality stood out across the room.

Jesus - £75!!! :eek:

Even five years ago we just threw them in skips, if we were forced to remove them (which we avoided if at all possible).