If BBCAN followed the UK format, how would the outlook be?

I highly doubt that Jillian would have won; despite her fantastic gameplay, she was not endearing to the public. I reckon Gary or Talla would have won by a sizeable margin, although considering the houseguests were irritated by Gary's glitter being everywhere, I reckon he would have faced eviction numerous times.

Tom would have been evicted very early, same with Liza, Danielle, Kat, and Suzette. Topaz would probably be evicted somewhere midway, along with AJ, Aneal, Alec and Peter. The houseguests to make the final week would be Gary, Talla, Emmett, Jillian, and Andrew. Jillian would finish 5th, Emmett would finish 4th, Andrew would finish 3rd, Gary 2nd, and Talla would win it all.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    If Uk format all would be playing very different games
    Alec would do well cos he would be playing genial genius with sensitive side
    Peter would have niche fans but very devout
    Topaz, Kat, Danielle and probably Liza would go early
    Gary would go midway - not a breath of fresh air in UK
    Emmett, Andrew and AJ would be there in end
    Jillian would last longer than Talla - Talla very annoying and would be out early
    Suzette and Tom would have lasted till end
    Emmet would get teeny and mum vote - he would be personable and pleasant so probably win
    Andrew or Alec 2nd
    Suzette 3rd
    AJ 4th
    Jillian 5th (if not in deep showmance with Emm)
    Dont know why but I think Talla would be nominated too often to last very many evictions
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alec would have done extremely well in the BB:UK format. He's attractive, smart, funny and without the aggressive game going on, his early charm would probably lasted a lot longer. Saying that, if his lovers tiff with Topaz happens again, he could lose a lot of fans.

Emmett would probably end up being the housemate the forum hated the most, being the pretty boy without that much personality who gets really far. I can just imagine the threads looking for any reason to hate on him now! If she still gets with Emmett, Jillian would probably have done pretty well and made it to the later stages, but she'd have had no chance of winning.

Talla probably would grow on people as the series went on, but I actually think she's probably first out in our format before people even get to know her. Liza, Danielle and Kat all scream early eviction fodder, and Aneal and Tom would probably both be early hate figures.

Gary is a mystery to me, as whilst he probably wins in Canada in a landslide, I'm not sure if the UK audience would even care about him that much. He'd have fans, but I could see him doing a Nikki and going out midway through when up against most of the house, or maybe when he goes up with someone more blah than him.

Peter could go both ways, and I agree that he'd probably be the type of housemate who has a loyal core fanbase but probably not enough to get a win. Topaz would do okay, but probably would be evicted midway through on the first time she faced eviction. (Though if she gets with Alec she might get a boost from his fanbase)

AJ probably makes it to the end and is then the first or second out on finale night. Andrew probably could go quite far, but I really can't decide on him. Suzette seems like a real Kathreya to me - someone who is adored at the start then makes it quite far and people end up fed up with her!
  • Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll go controversial first :p Jillian might do well, she was a little like Rachel Rice, and I could see her getting to the end and earning a strong fan base by standing her ground when challenged or when she thinks people are being bullied.

Talla and Gary wouldn't even make it to the halfway point. They'd get annoying fast, also Gary could be quite nasty and aggresive - like the bust-up he had with Talla during the livefeed blackout - which wouldn't go down well to say the least. Neither of them are very original for the UK either, we seem to be over those types of personalities quite quickly.

Kat, Liza, Aneal wouldn't be popular but might last a while from not being nominated for eviction.

Suzette's pity party would probably get her far in the house but not outside.

Tom (Connor lite) and Emmett (Luke S lite) I don't think have enough of a personality to stand out in a good way. They'd both play the showmance card but would be so terminally dull no one would care.

Peter was good on BBCan because they indulged him in his DR sessions and let him narrate the show which was essentially scripted. Outside the DR and tasks he was very low energy and did very little, I think he'd struggle to make an impression in BBUK and probably wouldn't even be shown often in the daily highlights.

AJ seemed like a very good person and Andrew had a british sense of humour, the two of them were good viewing together and I think they'd do well in BBUK. I could really see the two of them sitting at the smoking area having funny b1tching sessions about all the young'uns.

Alec would win, no question, he would kill it. No one would even come close. He has everything for BBUK - He's clever, good natured, placid, goofy, funny, up for anything, high energy, handsome, emotional and real. He's like Aaron but with a better temperament only not as funny.

I really liked Topaz, which is probably clouding my judgement, but I think she'd do well on something like BBUK.
  • JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Gary and Andrew would be the final two for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Jackk wrote: »
    Gary and Andrew would be the final two for sure.

Agree re Andrew but Gary is to usual for BBUK and would go early - The Gary and Glitter together would be a bit too much as it has yukky connections
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HalsMam wrote: »
    Agree re Andrew but Gary is to usual for BBUK and would go early - The Gary and Glitter together would be a bit too much as it has yukky connections

If the UK were voting maybe, but if its the UK format, but still being Canada voting, I do think Gary would be final definatly. They did bring him back and all!!!
  • troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    If it was the UK voting we all know Topaz wouldn't last long for she is a black girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    If it was the UK voting we all know Topaz wouldn't last long for she is a black girl.

I can imagine it now: "Get Topaz Out!"
    Forum Member
    I also realized I may have been a bit ambiguous with the question: if the UK format were followed in BBCAN, how different would the outcome be in regards to the Canadian viewing public? Feel free to discuss how the housemates would be perceived by a British viewing public. ;)
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member

I think black female track records on the show being poor are due to casting more than anything, the black females they tend to cast are typically not very nice people - Alexandra and Sylvia for example. Not saying thats true for all of them - Allison Hammond was probably one of the nicest housemates we've ever had though I understand how she could annoy people :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    josha19 wrote: »
    I can imagine it now: "Get Topaz Out!"

Which would have been stupid cos she was one of the most likeable on BBCAN imo.

I think towards the end Alec would have been fine but then his demise would happen cos of the way he treated Topaz.

Peter would not be liked soo much imo. Obviously neither would Tom, Liza or Jillian [her moaning]

I think the public would be indifferent to Emmett. Tbh, I could see Andrew winning BBUK, even with the big personalities of Gary and Talla.
    Forum Member
    LucyKay18 wrote: »
    Which would have been stupid cos she was one of the most likeable on BBCAN imo.

I think towards the end Alec would have been fine but then his demise would happen cos of the way he treated Topaz.

Peter would not be liked soo much imo. Obviously neither would Tom, Liza or Jillian [her moaning]

I think the public would be indifferent to Emmett. Tbh, I could see Andrew winning BBUK, even with the big personalities of Gary and Talla.

I don't know about Topaz though. There was something about her that I didn't really like at the start. I felt she was trying to play some sort of bimbo card, with her winking during the opening titles, her choice of posing in the HG photos, and the way she spoke in her original VT. She seemed kinda fake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    josha19 wrote: »
    I don't know about Topaz though. There was something about her that I didn't really like at the start. I felt she was trying to play some sort of bimbo card, with her winking during the opening titles, her choice of posing in the HG photos, and the way she spoke in her original VT. She seemed kinda fake.

Did you watch the live feeds? She was anything BUT FAKE. It's weird that you would use the pre-game footage of her as examples to her being fake.
    I wish her live feeds personality was portrayed on the mainshow, same goes for Andrew. They both got screwed in the editing on the mainshow

And also everyone's original VT was annoying. Especially Alec's. I thought he looked like a complete DOUCHE in his intro. He kinda redeemed himself to me, in the first 3 weeks and then confirmed my initial first impression for the remainder of his time on the show. However, his interaction on twitter has made me think he really is self-aware and that there is not point disliking someone who CAN see their faults. So I now only dislike his gameplay, he is not too bad off the show.