O2 text message problems

WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
Forum Member
Hmm, last night a friend texted me but its still not arrived on my phone. Now, to be fair, I was wasted, but I defintly didn't receive it last night or today.

Then a friend rang asking why I hadn't replied to his text which I hadn't received again :o

Is this a global problem with O2 contract customers? :s very annoying, but I'm loathed to phone their 'help' line at 50p a minute. I could phone a sex line for cheaper :eek:

(and they'd be more helpful :rolleyes: )

Comments

• airliebird58airliebird58 Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    I dont seem to have any probs at all with O2, but my daughter has probs with not being able to send a txt to certain numbers, its very strange as she can off my phone. Mmmmm maybe I'm being duped here lol
  • cockneycockney Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    weeksy2001 wrote:
    Hmm, last night a friend texted me but its still not arrived on my phone. Now, to be fair, I was wasted, but I defintly didn't receive it last night or today.

Then a friend rang asking why I hadn't replied to his text which I hadn't received again :o

Is this a global problem with O2 contract customers? :s very annoying, but I'm loathed to phone their 'help' line at 50p a minute. I could phone a sex line for cheaper :eek:

(and they'd be more helpful :rolleyes: )
    I work for o2 and can offer an alternative number to the 50p a minute one and it is 08706003009 and is charged at national rate !

Steve
  • WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Many Thanks :)
    Forum Member
    Gagh, they need to speak to account holder :roll. And shes not in.

Stupid O2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    When I was in Torquay today I was trying to text my missus but she wasn't getting my messages. It was only when I got to the train station that she got my message.

SORT IT OUT O2.
    Forum Member
    I know, i'm paying £30 a month for the service- suppose news of family emergency or watever was texted to me. Its not a service to rely on at the moment by any means :mad
    Forum Member
  • ThanhukThanhuk Posts: 8,433
    Forum Member
    Nah, my O2 txts are getting through!
    Thanh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im on o2 and everything is fine.had these problems a week ago tho
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No had any 02 text problems in the last week but did the other week with text arriving slow at the other end or I was getting the same text sent to me 3 or 4 times within 2 hours. Also the other week text tane two tries before it would send. Just wait till the the week between Chiristmas and the New Year. I can see us all having some sort of text problems as we usally do.

Darren
  • rjmachinrjmachin Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am an Orange Contract customer, and my Brother is a O2 Contract customer. I texted him last night. He called today about something else, and I asked him if he received my message, and he hadn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a slighty different problem, when I send a text, occasionally, I get a text back saying unable to deliver, but I know it's gone through because the person I text, replies back....

The first time this happened, I sent the same text 3 times, he replied back saying I've sent the same text 3 times...

Now, when I get this message, I just ignore it... anybody had this problem?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rjmachin wrote:
    I am an Orange Contract customer, and my Brother is a O2 Contract customer. I texted him last night. He called today about something else, and I asked him if he received my message, and he hadn't.

I had same as you 2 weeks ago when texting my grilfriends Orange Mobile she would get the text anything between 10mins to 35mins after I had texted her. Text seems ok with me the now but I keep getting a feeling its not going to send then next thing it sends.

Darren
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can never be sure with texts... imho if you want to be sure someone gets a message, ring em.
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I get the same MMS through 3 or 4 times....even though I am assured it has only been sent once
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Text seems to still be working my end so far for now and hope it says thart way unlike a few weeks ago.

Darren
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I've had my K700i about 6 months now, and this is an ongoing problem. Some texts arrive straight away, others only after a re-start of the phone, and others days late.

O2 say it's the phone, not them.

Any ideas as to what I should do ?

Cheers !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I too have a K700i, I have had the phone since may, I have rang o2 about 8 times now with the problem of not being able to receive text messages. Firstly they told me it was my handset so they sent me a new one and i had to start all over again (annoying!) then they said it was a network problem, then they gave me this really long procedure of take my sim out changing to a barred network and changing back to o2. etc etc etc......after awhile i had no problems for months! (YAY) but then the other weekend no text messages for me! Because i was near a o2 shop i took it into them, them women put my sim into a different phone and it seemed to work until now 24 hours later it dont! I think o2 really needs to sort themselves out, problem i think might be is that they have given everyone all these free texts and they cant cope, ither that or they have just got too big to handle everything! it is sooo stressful when you have a phone that doesnt work, they are meant to provide a sevice but they dont do it very well! If it was an emergency i dont think i would be very good because i porbaly probably get the text till 4 days later! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Text seems to be working fine with me on my Sony Ericsson. I did have the odd text problem a few weeks ago but its been fine in the last 2 weeks.

Darren
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    See my thread, Extremely Pi55ed off, to see what I think. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I got an email from sonyericsson and they said that there are problems with the k700i and o2 working together that have yet to be fixed. For the moment they suggest turning your phone off and then back on again to push text through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I got an email from sonyericsson and they said that there are problems with the k700i and o2 working together that have yet to be fixed. For the moment they suggest turning your phone off and then back on again to push text through.

Funkey - thanks.
    Can't believe the product is available on the open market, without any sort of patch available.

Would O2 or SE consider any refund / discount for lack of service ?

Would they billy-oh !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elgm wrote:
    Funkey - thanks.
    Can't believe the product is available on the open market, without any sort of patch available.

Would O2 or SE consider any refund / discount for lack of service ?

Would they billy-oh !!

I would goto an 02 shop and tell them your phone no working right and your not to happy and let then sort it out.

Darren
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    cockney wrote:
    I work for o2 and can offer an alternative number to the 50p a minute one and it is 08706003009 and is charged at national rate !

Steve

they've also got a freephone number 0800 005005 (according to the website http://www.saynoto0870.com) which lists alternative cheaper contact numbers for loads of companies

hth

steve
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm.....

i've sent some texts from my O2 Online PAYG phone to this girl i know on Orange PAYG...

i dont think she got my texts as she hasn't replied or said that she got them, yet a mate of mine has been texting her too, but he's on O2 contract (she's been receiving those)

what the hell??

i'm phoning her up today so i can ask, if she says no she didn't get them, then a certain network is gonna have some explaining to do! :D lol