Ascot Ladies Day Outfit Help

PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there!

I am not exactly what one would call fashionable (black dresses is my forte - cannot go wrong!!). However, I very nicely bought tickets for myself and a friend to go to Ladies Day at Ascot and am now panicking as I have no idea what to wear.

I am not exactly model size either so wondered if I could call upon you good people for help!

I am inbetween a 14 and 16 but I have the boobies of a bigger person!

I know Coast and Karen Millen are always good but colour? Style? Length (I should add i would rather my legs be covered if possible due to a lovely scar from top of my knee cap to the bottom which is most ugly!!)!

Also accessories. Ahhhhhh nightmare! Should have stuck to Romford Dogs!

Thanks in advance. Budget is 200/250 for whole outfit.

Thanks xx

Comments

• elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    whatever you do don't wear stilleto's you will sink into the ground. I would also recommend wearing comfortable shoes you will be on your feet most of the time and the walk from the station to the race course is uphill and quite far when you are in heels. The last time I went I went in flat sandals, changed into heels and ended up changing back into my flat sandals half way through. You will also need something to keep you warm (a pashmina, cardigan or jacket) it gets quite windy and can be chilly. If you want your legs covered what about a trouser suit, as long as they match you can wear them. or even a Maxi dress. Also have you tried Pepperberry http://www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/?gclid=CO66gvul8K8CFQ8htAodxTDeWA they are for people with big boobs and so their dresses fit round the bust but also in the waist so you don't have to go up a size or two just to accomodate your boobs.

They are also being more strict on the dress code this year so no strapless dresses or tops but it also depends on which bit you are going in, Grandstand, Silver Ring, Royal Enclosure, in the grandstand you now have to wear a hat or fascinator whereas before it was optional.
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in the silver ring (guessing that is the commoners bit!). To be honest I would quite like to wear a hat or fascinator as its a tradition really isn't it.

Thanks for help!
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Silver Ring is a bit more relaxed, you don't need to wear a hat but many people still do. Have fun .:D
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you say you like black, I'm currently liking this dress from LK Bennett. I think it's very versatile & you'd get a lot of wear out of it for other occasions.

Personally I'd avoid Karen Millen except for this dress, as you don't want to end up looking like someone from Ladies' Day at Aintree. :eek:

You could accessorise both these black dresses with a pink wrap to give the outfit some colour.

Coast always have dresses in lovely colours. You could probably get a whole outfit there.

Another place I find good for conservative dress codes is Phase Eight.

Good luck!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    That Karen Millen dress is niice, wish I had some money right now
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    How about a maxi dress?
    I saw this brand today on QVC and fell in love with so many dresses http://ingenuelondon.com/online-shop/long-dresses.html
    They have some nice knee length dresses too.