Does this series of X Factor NEED Tamera Foster to win ?

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
X factor is all about marketability and she could sell a lot of records, concerts etc. so in order to find a success story for the series with global Marketability tamera may be the only option. Thoughts ??

Comments

• turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand her personally. Sam Bailey to win.
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About as much as the last 2 series needed pic n mix and sloth to win
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    No. To be honest, I think she's this years Ella... "You're going to be a world wide star," etc...Gary the only one to dare give her critique at first, I think she's not doing as well as they thought in the voting to be honest. She has a great voice but I can't see the public taking to her as a personality.

It's not about who wins it's about what material they get, how they're marketed etc...If they'd given Joe better material or marketed Matt more, they'd have had slightly better careers with SyCo.

Personally I think of quite a few acts that could win instead now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either Tamera or Sam B to win :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Bailey will win.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need her to go far (i.e. to the final), but a win would be better.
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. To be honest, I think she's this years Ella... "You're going to be a world wide star," etc...Gary the only one to dare give her critique at first, I think she's not doing as well as they thought in the voting to be honest. She has a great voice but I can't see the public taking to her as a personality.

LOL Tamera is NOTHING like Ella. Abi is this years Ella. No personality nor charisma.

Tamera can work a stage, she's completely different to Ella. Gary has always given praise to Tamera, it was just last week her rendition of "Listen" sounded a bit copycat. Other than that he has always said good things. So what are you talking about? :rolleyes:

It's because she's pretty and confident. Of course the public don't like that. But when the show ends, we'll see who's still successful :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand her personally. Sam Bailey to win.

I hope you buy her album if she releases one. So sick of these people who rave on about Sam B, she's just cannon fodder. An over with the big voice, but outside of the show she wouldn't have a place in the market.

I don't care if you can't stand Tamera, a lot of others couldn't stand Cher Lloyd yet she's done really well for herself. Where is Mary Byrne that you people all loved? No where. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    LOL Tamera is NOTHING like Ella. Abi is this years Ella. No personality nor charisma.

Tamera can work a stage, she's completely different to Ella. Gary has always given praise to Tamera, it was just last week her rendition of "Listen" sounded a bit copycat. Other than that he has always said good things. So what are you talking about? :rolleyes:

It's because she's pretty and confident. Of course the public don't like that. But when the show ends, we'll see who's still successful :)

You still never replied to my post where you accused myself and other posters of having a problem with, to quote you, "confident _____ girls"

One suspected you were accusing us of racism with your missing word. Until you answer that question, I am not going to debate with you.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peope rave about these belting singers, but yet when they come to release a single or album it doesn't sell ?
  • GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Singers like tamera are two a penny I'm afraid
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally she doesn't need to win to become successful
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peope rave about these belting singers, but yet when they come to release a single or album it doesn't sell ?

Agreed Barry! :)

The voting public have no sense when it comes to who will sell records in the real world. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You still never replied to my post where you accused myself and other posters of having a problem with, to quote you, "confident _____ girls"

One suspected you were accusing us of racism with your missing word. Until you answer that question, I am not going to debate with you.

Missing word? You knew exactly what I meant :)

I wasn't accusing you of racism, I just said it was a common thing with the public.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please take ur petty fight to the appropraite thread or PM! Thanks :)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    I don't think so. She's not good enough. She certainly has the look - no doubt about that - but her voice is a bit lacking.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I don't think so. She's not good enough. She certainly has the look - no doubt about that - but her voice is a bit lacking.

Many international popstars can't sing for toffee
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Many international popstars can't sing for toffee
    I know. It's not a good thing, though.
    Forum Member
    Missing word? You knew exactly what I meant :)

I wasn't accusing you of racism, I just said it was a common thing with the public.

You asked if I disliked her because she was confident then you said British people have a problem with confident ____ girls. Implying that I had a problem with her for this reason. It's not a direct accusation but it's a very serious and rude thing to imply, just because someone has a different opinion on your favourite.

And no I wouldn't have automatically known what you meant, I thought it best to ask rather than jump to conclusions. I don't take to her personality, nothing to do with looks or confidence.

Let's just leave it at that and resolve to ignore each other. You've said your piece and I've said mine. :)
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed Barry! :)

The voting public have no sense when it comes to who will sell records in the real world. :yawn:

Then tell us who will sell records in the real world oh mighty all knowing one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Then tell us who will sell records in the real world oh mighty all knowing one?

For me I think the 3 who could have career longeivty after the show selling records is Tamera, Rough Copy and Luke Friend. I just can' see Nicholas or Sam Bailey making creative and interesting records which people would want to buy in the long term
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me I think the 3 who could have career longeivty after the show selling records is Tamera, Rough Copy and Luke Friend. I just can' see Nicholas or Sam Bailey making creative and interesting records which people would want to buy in the long term

I agree with you there on all of this except Luke Friend unfortunately . I don't think he will last long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    I agree with you there on all of this except Luke Friend unfortunately . I don't think he will last long.

The reason I picked Luke is I have saw what he has done before X Factor, and see he is a great song writer. Also he has the ability of taking the song and making it his own (very important). Take a look at this. If he is allowed to continue in growing in confidence we may see more performances like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqJ3DYsBTYo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason I picked Luke is I have saw what he has done before X Factor, and see he is a great song writer. Also he has the ability of taking the song and making it his own (very important). Take a look at this. If he is allowed to continue in growing in confidence we may see more performances like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqJ3DYsBTYo

I looked at the link and no still does absolutely nothing for me. Just not my thing at all. His voice is very grating to me. I am sure this is the type of artist for some but for me no.
  • plinkiplonkplinkiplonk Posts: 3,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will not make one bit of difference whether an act has ability or talent, as the 1D phenomenon has so convincingly demonstrated.
    It only matters whether someone decides to heavily market an act and throws lots of money at it, and that will depend on commercial aspects, being able to hit a certain note is not one of them.:D

Tamera could easily be built up as a British Beyonce, but if she cannot connect with the public enough (i.e. if the votes don't come in), then I doubt she will get the major investment that would be needed.

Sam Bailey could be pitched towards the SuBo market, and her voice is arguably better, but she didn't have the stand out moment so far, so she's more likely to end up being the next Tesco Mary unfortunately.

Realistically, this is not the right route to go if you know where you want to be as an artist (ask Matt Cardle :cool:), as they will alway shove you into some pigeonhole and hope for the best...