River Song to meet Jack Harkness.

CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
Forum Member
✭✭
Well not really but Alex Kingston has just joined the cast of Arrow which features John Barrowman.

Given who their characters are I would expect they may come into conflict.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And let's not forget Dr Moon in the same programme. :cool:

What a combination.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool wonder if she will be good or bad. She could be dark archers wife and tommys mum. Also she and john share a birthday. March 4th is her 50th and his 46th. Plus would love it if their dw characters did meet. 11 would have to warn jack of flirtiing with the wife !.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool wonder if she will be good or bad. She could be dark archers wife and tommys mum.
    She's playing Laurels mother so if she is also Tommys mother we are getting into Game of Thrones territory.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they have a ball.:D ( yes, it's a figure of speech:D)
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was in NCIS recently playing someone who could have been River Song
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah man i would love them to actually meet on Who...maybe this is a start of something :cool:

But i take it with River on Arrow now (still NEED to see this show!) i take it series 7.2 will not have RIver in...which does make sense as we are introducing a new stage in Matts chronology and incorporating Clara as individual companion...and Vastra/Jenny/Strax in their recurring roles too :)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah man i would love them to actually meet on Who...maybe this is a start of something :cool:

But i take it with River on Arrow now (still NEED to see this show!) i take it series 7.2 will not have RIver in...which does make sense as we are introducing a new stage in Matts chronology and incorporating Clara as individual companion...and Vastra/Jenny/Strax in their recurring roles too :)
    Since she's only been cast in Arrow I can't see how that would have affected any 7B filming she may or may not have already done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Since she's only been cast in Arrow I can't see how that would have affected any 7B filming she may or may not have already done.

Oh yeah lol makes sense....although nothing stands out in either Moff epsodes that she will be back in the second half of series 7....although the finale has been kept under wraps very closely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God, I hope she doesn't play a River type character or ever say 'sweetie'. I am enjoying Arrow and certainly don't need her in it.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Should be interesting to watch.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Id like to see River meet Jack because all they'd do is flirt and take away the Doctor/River relationship
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Id like to see River meet Jack because all they'd do is flirt and take away the Doctor/River relationship

I think the flirting could be very brief with River ending it with "I'm married" then jack says "oh really, who to?" then River looks over to the doctor. I think it could be quite funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see where they go next. 11 knows her time is running out. See her again will also bring back painfull memories of rory and amy. Jack and clara might also get on well. Both are single untill told otherwise. Be a good set up for the 50th two older companions with the new.
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barrowman's certainly happy with the arrival of 'River'

"Oh look what is yet to come... Fangasm!!!!!!!"

https://twitter.com/Team_Barrowman/statuses/300104943287799808
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Saw that earlier, pretty cool.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    River Song and Jack is such an obviously brilliant crowd pleaser of an idea it beggars belief we haven't seen it. Yet. I probably sound like a struck record but if we never see Jack in Elevens era it would be such a missed opportunity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think 11 would be very happy to see both of them again. He will probably need both to help him face whatever is coming in the 50th.