Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Dawn French while working at an advertising company, she was very bubbly, chatty and funny. A lovely woman. :)

Most of the Coronation Cast are lovely aswell, especially the ones who play Gail, Audery, Betty, Tina, Graeme, Becky, Carla and Leanne.

John Savident ( Fred) was one of the rudest people I have met though, terribly OTT and nasty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy_a wrote: »

Speaking of boy bands, I have also just been told that someone I know was propositioned by Harry from One Direction AND TURNED HIM DOWN with the words "I could be your mother". She's like 19, so the mother thing is a bit of an overstatement but good on her as she has a boyfriend, not sure I could show such self restraint.

I'm "ahem" only a wee bit over 40 and wearing very well (according to my hubby) if Harry's looking for a cougar.......:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Noel Edmonds is horrible in real life. He opened the Co Op in Workington in the seventies, looking totally bored, then when kids approached him for autographs, he told his heavies to " get these awful people away from me" and stormed off. Also a friend approached him for an autograph outside the BBC and he told him to sod off.

I once sent a letter to him via the BBC mouring the loss of Noels House Party, (I was very young, but I did miss it) I got a hand written letter back from Noel which was very warm and friendly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Justin bieber, nasty little ****.

Not at all surprised.

He really does seem like a very unpleasant little boy, with absolutely no redeeming features.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Stephanie Beacham outside a theatre stage door in December on the first leg of the Master Class tour and she was lovely. I was the only person waiting and she was obviously in a bit of a rush, it was a couple of hours before that day's matinée show, but she still stopped to chat to me, was nice enough to listen to a very starstruck me rambling on about how great she is :o, and even signed my programme for me. And then to top it off, she blew me a kiss at the end of the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Stephanie Beacham outside a theatre stage door in December on the first leg of the Master Class tour and she was lovely. I was the only person waiting and she was obviously in a bit of a rush, it was a couple of hours before that day's matinée show, but she still stopped to chat to me, was nice enough to listen to a very starstruck me rambling on about how great she is :o, and even signed my programme for me. And then to top it off, she blew me a kiss at the end of the show.

Nice to hear this story, love Stephanie Beacham! :)
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to tell this story (can't remember if I read it or if a friend overheard it...!);

Judi Dench was walking in NY and a cab almost ran her over.
    The driver shouted "Watch where you're going, c**t!". Judi Dench stopped and said "That's Dame c**t to you!"

Love it!

:D
  • avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    I have to tell this story (can't remember if I read it or if a friend overheard it...!);

The driver shouted "Watch where you're going, c**t!". Judi Dench stopped and said "That's Dame c**t to you!"

Love it!

I just sprayed coffee over my keyboard!!

I love Dame Judi :)
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    Duncan James wasn't very nice at all. He walked past me, i said hi & tried to talk to him but he just ignored me. My friend stuck out his hand to shake it but he ingored him aswell. He only seemed borthered talking to his female fans who he was really friendly with.. Quite funny now learning hes bi.

The presenters of T4 were so nice. June & Nikita were filming at C4 and smiled, waved and blew me a kiss. I was very young and got so excited.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Steve Jones of T4 fame when our media studies group went to the filming of the Welsh version of Top Of the Pops, The Pop Factory. He came across as really smug and arrogant and would only talk to the really pretty girls in the crowd.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,147
    Forum Member

Love it!

That is what I call class! :D
  • kalikikikankalikikikan Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    A friend, who was a district nurse at the time, rushed into town to grab a sandwich one lunchtime. She noticed a woman walking towards her, who she recognised but couldn't remember who she was. She smiled and the lady smiled back, so my friend asked how she was and how things were going. thinking that maybe she was a relative of a patient. The lady looked at her oddly but answered that she was very well thank you, my friend continued an inane conversation, trying to work out who the lady was. The lady remained pleasant, but said she was sorry but she had to get on, wished my friend well and walked off. It was only later that she remembered who the lady was..... Judi Dench
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    SwanGirl wrote: »
    Met Steve Jones of T4 fame when our media studies group went to the filming of the Welsh version of Top Of the Pops, The Pop Factory. He came across as really smug and arrogant and would only talk to the really pretty girls in the crowd.

That doesn't come as a massive shock.
  • textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I used to live in Manchester near Chorlton and met lots of Coronation St stars in our local supermarket
    Anne Kirkbride was fab - a right hoot - my friend did her impression of Dierdre for her and she joined in!!
    Bill Tarmey was a real gent as was Geoffrey Hughes
    I've also met Jason Donovan who was very shy
    Also the friendliest celebrity ever Mr Christopher Biggins!

Deena Payne goes to my local gym and always smiles.

I wrote to Jack P Shepherd ( corrie's David Platt) asking him to open our school fair and he did!
    He was fantastic and spent 4 hours chatting to parents //locals. He then came back at a later date and spoke to year 6 about life as an actor on Corrie. He answered all the childrens questions and was a real delight. A very polite and witty young man!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Uncle met Corey Haim and Corey Feldman at an autograph convention a few years ago. He said that Feldman was very nice, although was very laid back and seemed more interested in trying to advertise one of his new movies than chatting to fans. Haim on the other hand was very enthusiastic and gave everyone a hug and handshake, apparently he had a sort of warm presence around him and even though he looked shattered he still did multiple autograph requests.

Something that really stood out was that one of the girls there met Corey and explained that one of her friends was a huge fan of his but was stuck in traffic and was afraid she'd miss the chance to meet him, Corey then stayed behind after the convention for about 15 minutes chatting to fans whilst waiting on the fan arriving. :D Apparently he seemed a bit nervous and jittery and seemed to crave someone to talk to.

RIP Corey. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member

Love it!

I love the fact that someone who has such a prim and proper stage presence has a mouth like a London docker. Remember a mate telling me a story about when she was filming Shakespeare in Love with Ms Paltrow-and the crew were waiting for the latter to get ready. Judi was chatting to the crew and was less than complimentery about Gwyneth, and her 'delicate' ways! Seems she is rather partial to using the word ' c**t' herself!!
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I met Bryan Ferry in Glasgow last night . He was very friendly , and doesn't seem to have aged too much for a man of 65 . He smelt nice too.
  • burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Noel Edmonds is horrible in real life. He opened the Co Op in Workington in the seventies, looking totally bored, then when kids approached him for autographs, he told his heavies to " get these awful people away from me" and stormed off. Also a friend approached him for an autograph outside the BBC and he told him to sod off.

Hes changed a lot since the 70s then, delivered to his house a number of times and he has been the nicest guy you could wish to meet.
  • woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Duncan James wasn't very nice at all. He walked past me, i said hi & tried to talk to him but he just ignored me. My friend stuck out his hand to shake it but he ingored him aswell. He only seemed borthered talking to his female fans who he was really friendly with.. Quite funny now learning hes bi.

I met Ducan James when I was involved with making a new TV programme. I sat next to him in the audience in rehearsals and he was lovely, a real gent he had time for everyone unlike Andy Peters who was down right rude.
  • woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burbs wrote: »
    Hes changed a lot since the 70s then, delivered to his house a number of times and he has been the nicest guy you could wish to meet.

This is just it people do change over the years. Some people just judge them on a brief encounter that happened years ago, and not as the person they are today.
  • NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely ...

Cat Deeley
    Des O'Connor
    Daniel Boys
    Freema Agyeman
    Lynda Bellingham
    Nicola McAuliffe

Not at all lovely ....

Westlife
    Clare Buckfield
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    entire chelsea team and michael winner, with the footballers it seems when there is no camera about they revert to type... too rich to acknowledge the normal folk.
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't seem to remember if i've posted here before but here goes...

Met The Wanted in november, nice lads - happy to stop with fans & chat, management tried to pull them away but they couldn't help themselves to stay with the fans & sign & take pictures!

Also, met The Saturdays in december, very charming girls! I have to say Rochelle, Mollie & Una stood out to me, most chatty but Frankie & Vanessa were lovely as well, a bit shy but other than that just down to earth girls!

I have also unfortunately met Diana Vickers, who is rude & is up her own her arse I have to say. Disapointed, as I really liked her on the X Factor! Mcfly boys were very kind to fans!
  • holyfreakinmolyholyfreakinmoly Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Nice:

Wayne Sleep...(absoloute darling)
    Gary Willmott
    Ant and Dec
    Margi Clarke....so down to earth and friendly, I ended up giving her a lift home!!
    Suggs (Madness) Just gorgeous! and friendly

Not so nice:

Jamie Oliver.....t!t
    Steven Mulhearn..t!t

Have it from a good source that Barbara Knox (Rita - Corrie) not very nice at all!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Feel I should bat in as support for Westlife here. Over the past 13 years i've met them numerous times both in 'formal' and informal situations. Ok, so sometimes they're tired and moody (well certain members, not ALL members), but generally they're sweet, well mannered, smiley but a little shy.
    I think sometimes we mistake shyness for rudeness. A lot of celebrities from acting and music find the fame side quite intimidating and nerveracking and i think this can be reflected in their 'offduty' perceived behaviour.