How much is your current Virgin package?

Comments

• Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IC89 wrote: »
    30MB BB
    L TV
    Sky Sports & HD Premium

Currently £65.75 pm with £7 reduction. Going up by the same £4.whatever it is in January.

To be honest the internet is what I like most, especially since the doubling of speed which has seen it go down very well with me. Reliability to very good too.

Best thing about Virgin TV is that if I feel the pinch I can drop my Sky Sports premiums at the drop of a hat as opposed to a full contract tie-in for 12 months. Love that.

I was under the impression that ubless you were a Sky subscriber per se then you did not have the option to drop Sky Sports for a month and then start it up again afterwards?
  • Mad HatterMad Hatter Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talk unlimited
    Large broadband
    Fully itemised billing
    Loyalty customer
    Free voicemail
    £24.90p per month

Rising by £2.24 on 1 February 2013.

Have just taken up Line Rental Saver £120. By paying in advance for 12 months am receiving a saving of £46.60 from the full price of £166.80.
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mad Hatter wrote: »
    Talk unlimited
    Large broadband
    Fully itemised billing
    Loyalty customer
    Free voicemail
    £24.90p per month

Rising by £2.24 on 1 February 2013.

Have just taken up Line Rental Saver £120. By paying in advance for 12 months am receiving a saving of £46.60 from the full price of £166.80.

Following negotiation after receiving letter about price rises -

TV M
    BB 30M
    Telephone XL
    Caller ID
    Land Line

£30 rising to £33 in Febuary.
  • Pete GrainPete Grain Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk International (Reduced rates) *
    Talk Mobile (Reduced rates) *
    Talk 08 (Free for 0845 & 0870)*
    60mb Broadband XL
    TV XL with V+
    Talk Unlimited
    Fully Itemised Billing
    Line Rental
    £8 a month Loyalty Discount

Total = £58.40

Just paid the £120 advance line rental, so takes it down to £44.50 (I think it is) until Feb - then goes up to £47 and some pennies. Along with free calls to Virgin mobiles think it's a fairly reasonable deal.

* These 3 were part of those Tickle freebies a while back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Line rental
    Talk 08
    Talk Unlimited
    Caller Display

Broadband XXL (100mb)

TV XL
    TiVo 500mb
    V+HD (in Bedroom)
    VHD (in Daughters Bedroom)

Premier Collection

Was £94 now £80.65 after I called to complain about the February price rises!
  • tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    TV XL
    V+HD
    VHD in bedroom
    Bog standard box in sons room (non HD)
    £43.50
  • alwaysabearalwaysabear Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    XL TV
    XL BB 60mb
    talk unlimited
    Sports and Movies
    VHD

After receiving my price rise which would have taken my bill to £104 I contacted retentions I reduced my monthly bill to £70 rising to £72.37 in February this is after paying the £120 line rental upfront. This makes up for the lack of new HD channels.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XL TV
    XL BB 60mb
    talk unlimited
    Sports and Movies
    VHD

After receiving my price rise which would have taken my bill to £104 I contacted retentions I reduced my monthly bill to £70 rising to £72.37 in February this is after paying the £120 line rental upfront. This makes up for the lack of new HD channels.

You should have really got Tivo thrown in for that as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AKW wrote: »
    Following negotiation after receiving letter about price rises -

TV M
    BB 30M
    Telephone XL
    Caller ID
    Land Line

£30 rising to £33 in Febuary.

I'm on similar (slightly better I think)

BB: 30MB
    Talk Unlimited (XL) with Caller ID etc etc
    TV: M+ (with a HD box)

Approx £22/month
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smiler52 wrote: »
    mine is

VIP Collection

I pay £112.15

The mind boggles at this magnificent monthly fee; you must be earning it then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm getting ripped off.
    I have talk unlimited, xl tv (no TiVo) and the lowest broadband and it's £63.
    I'm out of contract now so will renegotiate.
    I was going to get a virgin sim for my phone on a 30 day rolling contract but would this mean I was back in a contract for all my services?
  • davetechdavetech Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I have canceled my TV and Phone,

They contacted a few days later to check change of services (like that was the real reason)

They offered me,

Tivo M TV
    XL Phone with talk weekends
    30mb Broadband

Free Tivo box - Free install

£30.00 per month plus £2.15 (approx) Discount to cover price rise

Told them No -

The contact is not a contract its not even worth the paper its printed on - does not give a full breakdown of services,

Told them that the double you broadband speed for no extra cost was rubbish.

Superhub was Junk (although keeping broadband I don't have any other option) but will be getting a router at my cost.

All as i wanted was a decent contract that gave me a full breakdown of charges for each service and discounts and the expiry dates on, they could not give me this, so i was not prepared to take multi services.

On thing i urge everyone to tell them (only if you feel this reflects you own thoughts)

1. Double your speed was not need and not wanted and the overall cost went up

2. Justify £5 charge for non DD (they cannot)! - (50p) for Sky) for mandate Credit/debit card

3. Don't trust Virgin Media as a company,

When i stated the last one it seem to provoke a odd reaction in the lady's voice as if they are hearing this more and more, and boy with the exception of loosing sub's they don;t like to fine there customer base is loosing trust it them!

I have been with cable since 1995 and i have never seen this company in such a pickle least years ago your custom meant something! No Now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Tivo box
    TV XL
    Sky Sports package
    100MB Broadband
    Home phone - 1000 mins per month to any UK landine, Mobile and European Landlines
    Caller Display
    extra V+HD box

£82.00 per month
  • Jez_GafysJez_Gafys Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    I rang them up to find out by removing my phone which I never use I would make a decent saving in effect it saved like 10p/month as I would lose the triple discount thingy (tv, phone bb). I did though manage to get my caller id charged knocked off which was £2.50/month which atleast makes the price increase not quite as bad. And tbh for me atleast the caller id seems pants and rarely works anyways.

In feb when im no longer in contract will look at shaving some money off my aim is to get to around £65/month for

2 x Tivo XL
    120Mb BB
    Talk Unlimited (Eve & Week)
    Caller ID

At the moment Im paying around £84, I know retentions are capable. Or at least I normally find I can pay the same and they might throw in Sky movies package or something.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    2 x Tivo XL
    All movies in HD
    100mb BB
    Talk unlimited phone
    Caller ID

£98 a month.
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going back to virgin after 14 months with Sky which I was paying £60 a month for TV packages, phone and broadband.

With virgin I will be paying £28.90 a month for 6 months, when it will go up to £38.90 a month for M+ TV; Tivo Box; HD; phone line with weekend calls and 30mb broadband. This is good for me being a pensioner, after all I do not want to pay loadsamoney for channels which I do not even watch since I watch a lot of DVDs which I buy cheap from amazon or exchange shops.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aly1 wrote: »
    I think I'm getting ripped off.
    I have talk unlimited, xl tv (no TiVo) and the lowest broadband and it's £63.
    I'm out of contract now so will renegotiate.
    I was going to get a virgin sim for my phone on a 30 day rolling contract but would this mean I was back in a contract for all my services?

I phoned up today about the price I am paying.
    The first person I spoke to was really not helpful so I decided to just cancel and go back to BT or Sky. She then put me through to a very helpful gentleman.
    I am still deciding whether to just cancel but the broadband speeds I would get from other providers would be between 3 and 8 averaging 5.5.
    Does anybody know whether I would be able to watch catch up live tv and movies on love film with that amount of broadband?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Just negotiated the following for my uncle:

bb 30meg (with new super hub free and installed free)
    TV M+ (with new Tivo 500gb box free and installed free)
    phoneline (with talk unlimited AND multi-talk 150)

£16.10 per month, NO price rise next month.

The full price was £30 a month but he paid his line rental in advance.

There is a deal in involving multi-talk that is fixed at £30 with no price increase.....be warned though, not all staff are aware but it does exist.
  • sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm feeling a bit peeved on this:

60Mb broadband
    TiVo
    V HD box
    Phone M
    Sky sports
    Sky HD premium

£91.65
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aly1 wrote: »
    I phoned up today about the price I am paying.
    The first person I spoke to was really not helpful so I decided to just cancel and go back to BT or Sky. She then put me through to a very helpful gentleman.
    I am still deciding whether to just cancel but the broadband speeds I would get from other providers would be between 3 and 8 averaging 5.5.
    Does anybody know whether I would be able to watch catch up live tv and movies on love film with that amount of broadband?

When I was with BT and had BT Vision, I was getting around 4Mb (just about, on a good day with no rain!!!). I believe that BT recommend a minimum of 2Mb for standard definition TV?
  • Stuart PStuart P Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £35.90

tivo m+
    broadband l
    talk unlimited
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Talk 08 2
    Talk Unlimited
    Loyalty Pack Bb/Phone/TV C
    Callbar
    XL TV
    1 V+ (Bedroom)
    1 V box (Kids Lounge)
    TiVo (Main Lounge)
    20meg bb
    Sky Sports (non HD)
    and chuck in the line rental of £13.90 and £1.75 for the paper bill and that totals out at £96.40......:eek:

And we don't have the 'Superhub, just a little black modem that's years old! :o
  • anapanap Posts: 6,925
    Forum Member
    Phone XL
    TV XL
    Broadband XL (60)
    Called Display (Free)
    TiVo (500GB)
    V+ Box
    V Box
    Sky Sports and Movies

£100.15 going up to £104.24 next month
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    My Bill for January 2013 is as follows, just got it just now on the Internet

Phone XL (Talk Unlimited)
    Talk Mobile (£10)
    Talk 08 (£5)
    TV Size XL
    1x 1TB TiVo Box Monthly Fee
    Spotify Premium
    60MB Broadband - going up to 120MB Broadband in Nov 2013
    Phone Line Calling Features Pack (£3.90)
    Fully Itemised Billing
    Essential Collection Pack
    Telephone Line Rental

Total £63.49