Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Madonna feeling nostalgic for the 80's? She posted another old picture of herself with a cool poem.
    http://instagram.com/p/ffPRJcmEcp/

No broken collar bone No broken heart. No lit cigarette. Nor did I start My eyes were wide open. I wasn't afraid. The fire had been burning. The Bed had been made.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I thought people were glad to see the back of me.

No not at all!

I was wondering where you had got to.
    Forum Member
    I thought people were glad to see the back of me.

No not at all!

I was wondering where you had got to.

You're welcome in here if not anywhere else on the forum.
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Is Madonna feeling nostalgic for the 80's? She posted another old picture of herself with a cool poem.
    http://instagram.com/p/ffPRJcmEcp/

No broken collar bone No broken heart. No lit cigarette. Nor did I start My eyes were wide open. I wasn't afraid. The fire had been burning. The Bed had been made.

Maybe she is nostalgic for the 80s, I love this vintage pic and the little poem.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh my gosh, that picture is so good to see here today.:) bringing me back to a period when i first began my obsession with her, decades ago.:o that poem is rather good too, its obviously about her and her thoughts looking back on that picture.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a Confessions-a-thon last night...beautiful on crisp nights when you want to trip into a trance....such a beautiful piece of work...that passion in her voice and the concepts of that era....a private world of darknes but embracing the colours of your past and pushing into the future...genius and a work of art <3

and i really would adore it if she crafted soemthing as passionate as that for album 13...something i truly miss in contemproary music is that passion and drive to create something that impacts in multi-senses ...there are albums hat do still but its few and far between...but i do have a feeling with her echeos to the past and dedication to fighting for whats right, the warfare and bitterness i nthe world...yeah i reckon she can push for something like that again.

And i know iam going on about him again..but i adore Blood orange "Chamakay" his new song....for his Cupid Deluxe album out in November and man how iwould adore a Madonna/P.Leonard/Blood orange Album 13 <3 with Frank Ocean perhaps on a song and Beth Ditto maybe on another and just go all out and blow the budget on something beautiful <3
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a Confessions-a-thon last night...beautiful on crisp nights when you want to trip into a trance....such a beautiful piece of work...that passion in her voice and the concepts of that era....a private world of darknes but embracing the colours of your past and pushing into the future...genius and a work of art <3

and i really would adore it if she crafted soemthing as passionate as that for album 13...something i truly miss in contemproary music is that passion and drive to create something that impacts in multi-senses ...there are albums hat do still but its few and far between...but i do have a feeling with her echeos to the past and dedication to fighting for whats right, the warfare and bitterness i nthe world...yeah i reckon she can push for something like that again.

And i know iam going on about him again..but i adore Blood orange "Chamakay" his new song....for his Cupid Deluxe album out in November and man how iwould adore a Madonna/P.Leonard/Blood orange Album 13 <3 with Frank Ocean perhaps on a song and Beth Ditto maybe on another and just go all out and blow the budget on something beautiful <3

This is something I also find frustrating, no one concentrates on making a well rounded, cohesive album anymore, it's all about singles, putting 5/6 tracks that could be singles and then 6 more of pure filler that don't fit in at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People like me are probably partly to blame for the lack of cohesive albums. As I said before, I only listen to albums all the way through a couple of times, then I put them on random with my other favourite albums or I pick out my favourite tracks and make a playlist with other songs.
    I mentioned this before, but I love this new artist Banks. Lourdes, Madonna's daughter actually mentioned her on her clothing blog. She does kind of laid back electronica and alternative R&B. I could see Madonna doing something like this. Check out her song This is How it Feels Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4W4uNZfAOg

I know a lot of fans want ballads and slower stuff, and I don't mind that as long as it has a cool electronic or alternative sort of feel. I just wouldn't want the typical MOR or adult contemporary ballad sound. I want something more like Frozen than the Something to Remember/Evita era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna at the opening of Hard Candy Fitness in Berlin.

https://twitter.com/Madge_Freak/status/390927142802161665/photo/1

Super sexy and fabulous!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had the most surreal image/dreamscape earlier....withoutsounding pretentious or whatever...but i had this image in my mind (and usually i am hot on it in vibe anyhow lol...actualisation can be differ) but i had in my mind...her secretly working on album 13...she keeps saying getting ready for revolution...what if...she recorded album 13 secretly...only minor hints have teased us on...and across 2014 she will build upon it and slowly tease out material.

I had an idea much like Daft Punk this year...Madonna could tease virally the video/imagery/songs for the album...and launch the lead video perhaps Coachella (late April usually held) and debut a new look...and in my head i visualised her new feel with blonde/red styled hair, red lips and a warrior style outfit...like a one piece kinda outfit with a battle vibe about it...but glamorous and striking....and premier the video at coachelle using a similar guerrilla style marketing to the Secret Project.

Just an idea...that way it would ensure intrigue/suspicion and media coverage and also it would be a different way of marketing/showcasing a new era in sound/visuals and also will result in airplay/commercially with this back up too....just a thought.

And by doing so it would allow her to continue working o nthe album/building it up and release it late summer/early autumn Aug/Sept having material out there/hype/attention and time to create a cohesive body of work :)

Anyways just wanted to share it with you all...was quite a vivid idea in my mind anyhow.

And by cohesive i dont mean every song have the same sound...i just mean the pick + mix style of MDNA and perhaps Music in some ways sticks out a bit more...but cohesive in hat the themes/styles can meld/blend together like on LAP, Erotica, ROL, AL, COADF even TA too :) where different sounds can come through but it kinda has a flow and creates a story :) i love that. Also allowing for songs to listen to seperately too.

And as for todays music Adz i do agree...thats why i only like gaga as in REALLY like gaga as one of the few maisntream Pop artists that DOES create a piece of work as cohesive and with its own identity as possible...i love that when she does that...and its like Madonna, Kate Bush, Bowie when they make an album...they have a whole identity with it...not just an oufit change...the music fits the look and vibe and style and tells a story...at a push Rihanna kinda touches on that per album....but i think gaga in todays maisntream has crafted it so well...love her or hate her for it :).

Anyways...my mind ejaculation of the day :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

good grief, could the daily troll pick any less flattering pictures and another day, another catty article.:rolleyes: she looks nowhere near as bad in the video there or in the other pictures like this from the same evening and the twitter picture you previously posted.

the video is actually quite insightful the way she talks about the motivation that keeps her going and not dwelling on the positives or negatives on what people may say, which is ironic considering this latest hatchet job the daily troll have delivered again.:sleep: on the other hand, she is not one to be played and she would be well aware the mail online has the biggest worldwide online readership.:p madonna is old school in the sense that to her there's no such thing as bad publicity and she's built her career on dividing opinion.:cool:
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always imagine the people who post comments on the Daily Mail website to be fat obese loners who are so bitter about their own lives being shit they have to voice their anger on others. The comments under every article are a trolls heaven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Madonna using fillers, I just wish she'd use them properly - let them settle before making appearances (you can tell they haven't settled right because of those dramatic lines under her eyes)! This is what happened at that Chime For Change event, and then she looked lovely and youthful the next week... going to Kaballah. :rolleyes:

Aside from that, she looked great. Her body is flawless and her bum is fantastic. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Madonna using fillers, I just wish she'd use them properly - let them settle before making appearances (you can tell they haven't settled right because of those dramatic lines under her eyes)! This is what happened at that Chime For Change event, and then she looked lovely and youthful the next week... going to Kaballah. :rolleyes:

Aside from that, she looked great. Her body is flawless and her bum is fantastic. :D

I don't think it's about fillers settling in. At both the Chime for Change event and this, she may have looked a little puffier than usual not because of fillers not "settling" in, but because she just got off a long transatlantic flight from the US which can make anyone look puffy and not perfect. The air in planes is very drying and bad for your skin. She looked better the next week because she wasn't just off the plane. I know I personally look like crap when I'm just off the plane from the US where my family still lives. In an ideal world, she would have the time to rest after a flight and not appear until a couple of days later, but she's a very busy woman on a tight schedule and that isn't always practical. I like it that she has wrinkles around her eyes. It makes her human and real. I think we have really unrealistic standards for how someone in the public eye should look. They're not allowed to age at all. But people don't hold themselves to the same standard. I was reading an interview with Kate Nash who is my other favourite artist right now after Madonna and she was saying that it's crazy and hypocritical how we try to teach our kids not to bully others, but then we have around these magazines and newspapers that bully celebrities for how they look. I know they're kind of different musically but I would love for Madonna and Kate Nash to do music together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always imagine the people who post comments on the Daily Mail website to be fat obese loners who are so bitter about their own lives being shit they have to voice their anger on others. The comments under every article are a trolls heaven.

It's so true and sad. I saw on Facebook someone attacking the appearance of this guy in an 80's band saying he had aged badly, when he's actually very thin and attractive although a little older than in the 80's obviously, but then I saw the picture of the poster and he was so overweight and unattractive. But when you challenge these people, they will say that if someone is famous it's part of their responsibility and job to look perfect at all times so the same standard doesn't apply to a person not in the public eye. It's like people forget celebrities are human like the rest of us. I thought a musician's job was to make music, not be perfect all the time from a physical point of view.
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's about fillers settling in. At both the Chime for Change event and this, she may have looked a little puffier than usual not because of fillers not "settling" in, but because she just got off a long transatlantic flight from the US which can make anyone look puffy and not perfect. The air in planes is very drying and bad for your skin. She looked better the next week because she wasn't just off the plane. I know I personally look like crap when I'm just off the plane from the US where my family still lives. In an ideal world, she would have the time to rest after a flight and not appear until a couple of days later, but she's a very busy woman on a tight schedule and that isn't always practical. I like it that she has wrinkles around her eyes. It makes her human and real. I think we have really unrealistic standards for how someone in the public eye should look. They're not allowed to age at all. But people don't hold themselves to the same standard. I was reading an interview with Kate Nash who is my other favourite artist right now after Madonna and she was saying that it's crazy and hypocritical how we try to teach our kids not to bully others, but then we have around these magazines and newspapers that bully celebrities for how they look. I know they're kind of different musically but I would love for Madonna and Kate Nash to do music together!

Those lines under her eyes aren't natural though, you can tell it's because of the unsettled fillers.

This is Madonna with settled fillers. You can see more natural lines under her eyes, not the exaggerated ones in Berlin. Plus, her cheeks don't look as swollen.

I'm not holding her to a really high standard - I never have with Madonna's looks, she's not ''conventionally'' beautiful, and has said so herself.

Again, she'll probably look amazing next weekend going to Kaballah.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh how i wish MIA and Madonna made more Industrial Pop style music...she speaks to NME about ehr work with M and a song they SHOULD have done together!

http://www.nme.com/news/mia/73318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those lines under her eyes aren't natural though, you can tell it's because of the unsettled fillers.

This is Madonna with settled fillers. You can see more natural lines under her eyes, not the exaggerated ones in Berlin. Plus, her cheeks don't look as swollen.

I'm not holding her to a really high standard - I never have with Madonna's looks, she's not ''conventionally'' beautiful, and has said so herself.

Again, she'll probably look amazing next weekend going to Kaballah.

Madonna has always had lines under her eyes. She in her fifties. It's totally normal. You don't put fillers around your eyes. You can't see them as much in that other picture because the camera isn't as up close and it's not an enlarged high definition shot as some the Daily Mail took.
    What does "conventionally beautiful" mean? To me and I think a lot of people Madonna is very attractive by any normal standard. She certainly isn't ugly!
    Forum Member
    oh how i wish MIA and Madonna made more Industrial Pop style music...she speaks to NME about ehr work with M and a song they SHOULD have done together!

http://www.nme.com/news/mia/73318

I love the ''You spend it!'' part. Madonna, forever the material girl. :D
    Madonna has always had lines under her eyes. She in her fifties. It's totally normal. You don't put fillers around your eyes. You can't see them as much in that other picture because the camera isn't as up close and it's not an enlarged high definition shot as some the Daily Mail took.
    What does "conventionally beautiful" mean? To me and I think a lot of people Madonna is very attractive by any normal standard. She certainly isn't ugly!

No, those lines aren't natural. I can pull up more examples, like the difference in her face on Leno and then at the Superbowl press conference and whatever, but the point is the same. No, you don't get fillers around your eyes, but when she gets them they have an ''pushing up'' effect, which creates deeper and longer lines under her eyes. In fact, they're less ''lines'' or ''wrinkles'' and more ''creases''.

She's not ''conventionally beautiful'' along the lines of Scarlett Johansson/Marilyn Monroe/Angelina Jolie. Madonna doesn't have a button nose and full lips, and whilst her eyes are lovely and expressive, they're a bit ''off''. I don't think I'd go as far as Rupert Everett's description, but he wasn't completely wrong. Not to mention her ''strong'' eyebrows, which are iconic but there are some very bad photos from 1987 where she did start to resemble Martin Scorsese from a certain angle.

However, she is very attractive. I mean, the woman radiated sexuality (and still does, on a good day).

Plus, I maintain that she has the best breasts in the industry, ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People like me are probably partly to blame for the lack of cohesive albums. As I said before, I only listen to albums all the way through a couple of times, then I put them on random with my other favourite albums or I pick out my favourite tracks and make a playlist with other songs.
    I mentioned this before, but I love this new artist Banks. Lourdes, Madonna's daughter actually mentioned her on her clothing blog. She does kind of laid back electronica and alternative R&B. I could see Madonna doing something like this. Check out her song This is How it Feels Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4W4uNZfAOg

I know a lot of fans want ballads and slower stuff, and I don't mind that as long as it has a cool electronic or alternative sort of feel. I just wouldn't want the typical MOR or adult contemporary ballad sound. I want something more like Frozen than the Something to Remember/Evita era.

Can i just say a few things....okay...

1) had no idea this song was by BANKS...this week Fearne Cotton has played it on Radio 1 and i loved it but forgot to search it after...so thank you!

2) Jamie Woon co-produced it...noway!! :eek: he was one of my fave things about 2011 <3...Night Air is a masterstroke of genius! love his debut album Mirrorwriting.

&
    3) the Ciccone family has alwyas had great taste and this kinda moody feel i am 110%for...yeah

so for three points three massive THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUse to you gigi :))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the ''You spend it!'' part. Madonna, forever the material girl. :D

No, those lines aren't natural. I can pull up more examples, like the difference in her face on Leno and then at the Superbowl press conference and whatever, but the point is the same. No, you don't get fillers around your eyes, but when she gets them they have an ''pushing up'' effect, which creates deeper and longer lines under her eyes. In fact, they're less ''lines'' or ''wrinkles'' and more ''creases''.

She's not ''conventionally beautiful'' along the lines of Scarlett Johansson/Marilyn Monroe/Angelina Jolie. Madonna doesn't have a button nose and full lips, and whilst her eyes are lovely and expressive, they're a bit ''off''. I don't think I'd go as far as Rupert Everett's description, but he wasn't completely wrong. Not to mention her ''strong'' eyebrows, which are iconic but there are some very bad photos from 1987 where she did start to resemble Martin Scorsese from a certain angle.

However, she is very attractive. I mean, the woman radiated sexuality (and still does, on a good day).

Plus, I maintain that she has the best breasts in the industry, ever.

Look at some other pictures that aren't as up close, The lines aren't as noticeable. Most people I know in their 50's have a lot of lines around their eyes even though they've never had fillers but not anywhere else on the rest of their face. Strong eyebrows are back in fashion. Most models in magazines have them. I've read in so many magazines that thicker eyebrows are in fashion and you shouldn't tweeze as much. Angelina Jolie and Scarlet Johansen have really individual looks as well. I wouldn't call them conventional whatever that means.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i just say a few things....okay...

1) had no idea this song was by BANKS...this week Fearne Cotton has played it on Radio 1 and i loved it but forgot to search it after...so thank you!

2) Jamie Woon co-produced it...noway!! :eek: he was one of my fave things about 2011 <3...Night Air is a masterstroke of genius! love his debut album Mirrorwriting.

&
    3) the Ciccone family has alwyas had great taste and this kinda moody feel i am 110%for...yeah

so for three points three massive THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUse to you gigi :))

Cool, Josh! We always agree! I feel Madonna could do something more downtempo not as club oriented. But definitely not too MOR and boring, but more with a chill jibe like this. Not familiar with Jamie Woon, will have to google him. But Josh, you tell me about all the cool stuff!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    different strokes, for different folks and all that. i tend not to be drawn into beauty polls and i am certainly no oil painting myself, so the person depressed with their own looks and lashing out scenario doesn't really apply to me.:p i think the last time i actually commented negatively about someone's looks was on the showbiz forum an age ago, but only because some gaga loon tried to pass gags off as a natural beauty after creating a thread about beyonce looking like a man.:o even then i wasn't particularly scathing and i find discussing peoples looks in a way negative way so boringly futile.:rolleyes: oh and i did have a bit of a joke in cheryl cole's appreciation thread about her bum tattoo, but reportedly, even her mum is not amused about that tattoo.:p

however, truthfully looking at these recent pictures, i think there is a combination of the strain of extensive travelling and her overdoing it with the fillers too.:o madonna doesn't strike me as particularly vain though, not compared to other celebrities. she's be having hand fillers left, right and centre instead of opting for gloves for example, if she was that concerned about her looks. like she said in the video, her exercise regime is more about her well being and mental balance, rather than her desperation to look young like many people wrongly suggest in my opinion. on balance and considering her age as well as her busy schedule, i think she looks great.:cool:
    Forum Member
    To me Madonna has a beauty of her own, not classic or conventional but beautiful in her own way.

But that's what I love about her she's really 'normal' looking, lovely eyes but flared nostrils, chubby cheeks and fuzzy eyebrows, (i've always loved her thick fuzzy brows) she's always made the best of her looks with her red lips and lightened hair, good diet and fitness regimes.

She does look great in those photos, all toned and fit but her face does look very puffy and she needs to be very careful she doesn't overdo it with these fillers and stuff.