Dexter Season 7 (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I only just caught this DS article from a couple of days ago regarding the fact that Dexter will definitely be ending at Season 8's conclusion and figured that it was as good a time as any to start speculating about how things will play out...

It looks like we're going to have a story arc that will pan out across the two seasons and I suspect the foundations of this are going to lie with that seed which was planted in season 6. If they wanted to end the show this year, it stands to reason that when they inserted that last year, it was intended to play out as part of the conclusion this year...

I know the main source of intrigue for most people is to see just how the final scene from the finale continues, but I'm equally fascinated to see where this story is going. I like it when there's nothing immediately obvious to explain what is going on and all you can do is theorise! Will Brea Grant be back and is Ryan actually part of what's happening or was she nothing more than a bit part? And of course, what's the deal with Louis the intern? I'm not even sure if the character has been confirmed to return for this year yet, but you'd have to presume it's happening.

What's everybody looking forward to when Dexter returns on September 30th, just three painful months away? :D I'm fascinated to see what comes of Yvonne Strahovski's role and I'm curious to see if we'll be following the familiar 'annual villain', or whether we may in fact see a killer who escapes into season 8...?

Comments

• daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ill be so sad when it ends after season 8 I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that its the end though :/
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yo do realise Dexter starts in September and it's still June? This thread will be off the front page very quick! :D
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    daclick wrote: »
    Ill be so sad when it ends after season 8 I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that its the end though :/

Sara Colleton confirmed it in an interview with TV Guide. They wanted to end it after season 7 but Showtime convinced them to play out the endgame over two seasons rather than one. SC's adamant that it won't go past season 8.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Yo do realise Dexter starts in September and it's still June? This thread will be off the front page very quick! :D

It seems to be a habit since someone started a thread for Supernatural Season 8 when it hasn't even begun filming yet ..

At least Dexter S7 has apparently started filming !

But, that said, I think it's right that they're ending it. The last time we had a two year renewal, we ended up with Trinity which was some of the greatest television i've ever seen so I'm hopeful that they'll build to something special.

One of the producers said something like they've got a "two year series finale" so i'm certainly hoping it's something worthwhile.

I still think episode 1 of S7 should just be Deb and Dexter in the church. Just the whole episode with both of them.
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's an excellent idea Jason, a two header would be fantastic.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daclick wrote: »

I literally posted a link to the article where it's confirmed in the first post :D
    It seems to be a habit since someone started a thread for Supernatural Season 8 when it hasn't even begun filming yet ..

At least Dexter S7 has apparently started filming !

But, that said, I think it's right that they're ending it. The last time we had a two year renewal, we ended up with Trinity which was some of the greatest television i've ever seen so I'm hopeful that they'll build to something special.

One of the producers said something like they've got a "two year series finale" so i'm certainly hoping it's something worthwhile.

I still think episode 1 of S7 should just be Deb and Dexter in the church. Just the whole episode with both of them.

I think it's as simple as people like being the one to do the official thread each year and I noticed last year that lots of people were making threads way ahead of time. I'm not that fussed these days but figured I'd start the Dexter thread up in light of this week's official confirmation of the show ending. It's also one of the few shows I'd still actively discuss on here! It can be used for discussion and speculation in the meantime.

I'm just looking forward to the usual 'it's so boring, nothing's happening' comments at the start, followed by the customary turnaround as the finale approaches. This year might be different though, since there's already substantial story in progress...
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Starting a season thread as soon as the official start date is announced stops people from littering the forum with "when does it start?" threads. Also, if it's tagged spoilers - like this one and the Supernatural one - it is relevant as soon as the programme is in production and about to start filming, which both programmes now are...

On to Dexter......

.....I'd love the opening episode to be just Deter and Debra. If she's not going to turn him in - straight away - it will have to take more than a 10 minute conversation to do it justice. I'd hope to spend at least half the opening episode with just those 2.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched the two minute Comic Con clip.... arghhhhhh! Hopefully episode 1 will leak soon :D
    I hope Dexter comes clean to Deb pretty quickly, I don't really want to spend too much time with Dex trying to carry on the pretence that it was a one time thing!
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Here's the season 7 preview http://www.thetvking.com/news/424/dexter-season-7-preview-video/ and the start date is Sunday, September 30, at 9PM EST
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I can bare to watch anymore of this show and it pains me to say that as it used to be one of my favourite shows.
    Gone downhill really quick.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New 2 minute trailer. Needless to say that there are spoilers ahead...................

http://tvline.com/2012/08/16/dexter-season-7-video-spoilers/

How awesome does that look!!!!
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    How spoilery is the trailer? I want to watch it, but I'm so excited about Season 7 that I don't want any big plot points given away
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is quite spoilerly. It gives an idea where some of the characters are headed, but doesnt show all of them or much to do with anything to do with any 'big bad'.

If you've seen the first two mins then you'll have a god idea of the begining of the trailer.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I found strange about last season was Quinn not delving further after seeing photos of Dexter dumping bin-bags off his boat in the previous series. I don't think it was even mentioned in season 6. So, I wonder if that will be addressed in the new series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dexter definately became stale with seasons 5 and 6, it was fine in season 4 showing Dexter becoming accustomed to a more domestic lifestyle but after season 4 Dexter lost his edge, he started killing less people and he started making stupid mistakes, this past season was okay with the Doomsday Killers, but the storyline with Mos Def could have been avoided.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad Dexter's back. Also glad it's supposed to be ending after Season 8. Not everything has to be dragged out season after season just for the hell of it. It's gotten pretty repetitive/formulaic lately, and the story as a whole never seems to progress. Hopefully, if they have an actual end in sight, it'll actually move forward now.
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    29 days people!!! Why has the first ep not leaked yet :/
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not really fussed if it does to be honest ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would prefer this season not to have a big bad imo. Now that these are the last two years it would be nice to concentrate more on Dexter and how Deb finding out about him will impact his life. I guess that's why season 2 is my favourite because it was focused primarily on Dexter.
  • YesYes Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    Dexter definately became stale with seasons 5 and 6, it was fine in season 4 showing Dexter becoming accustomed to a more domestic lifestyle but after season 4 Dexter lost his edge, he started killing less people and he started making stupid mistakes, this past season was okay with the Doomsday Killers, but the storyline with Mos Def could have been avoided.
    It's been pretty stale since season 2.

It hasn't totally imploded in quality like Prison Break, Heroes etc did after great debut seasons, but it's not been the same after season 1/2.

I'm not sure that it's got two seasons left in the tank tbh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    the creater of this show said he wanted to end dexter with season 7, but the network demanded 2 more seasons, which means dexter will end with season 8, is that a good or a bad thing?
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    New 2 minute trailer. Needless to say that there are spoilers ahead...................

http://tvline.com/2012/08/16/dexter-season-7-video-spoilers/

How awesome does that look!!!!

That 2 mins trailer looks absolutely fantastic! Definetely whet my appetite! Deb v Dexter - bring it on!
  • KingOliKingOli Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    That 2 mins trailer looks absolutely fantastic! Definetely whet my appetite! Deb v Dexter - bring it on!

I really need to stop watching Dexter trailers, there always brilliant and then I can't think about anything else till it actually starts!
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those that have not watched the trailers and read the various online articles here is a quick summary,
    - In the first scene Dexter persuades Debs that he just snapped and didn't know what he was doing
    - Debs helps him burn the crime scene
    - However there is evidence left behind (blood slide) to link this to bay murders
    - Debs figures out that Dexter's is the bay murderer
    - FBI will be involved again
    - New female character is Yvonne Strahovski (her of Chuck fame) as Hannah McKay, somebody who is helping the department out with old cases. Many be romantic link with Dexter.

Major baddie is going to be a mob style crime syndicate, possibly Russian, possibility based at a strip club (time for more nudity).

And I don't know where they are going with this but Debs releases that she is in love with dexter. Could be sparks with Hannah character.

And now I can't wait till next monday.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    c4rv wrote: »
    For those that have not watched the trailers and read the various online articles here is a quick summary,
    - In the first scene Dexter persuades Debs that he just snapped and didn't know what he was doing
    - Debs helps him burn the crime scene
    - However there is evidence left behind (blood slide) to link this to bay murders
    - Debs figures out that Dexter's is the bay murderer
    - FBI will be involved again
    - New female character is Yvonne Strahovski (her of Chuck fame) as Hannah McKay, somebody who is helping the department out with old cases. Many be romantic link with Dexter.

Major baddie is going to be a mob style crime syndicate, possibly Russian, possibility based at a strip club (time for more nudity).

And I don't know where they are going with this but Debs releases that she is in love with dexter. Could be sparks with Hannah character.

And now I can't wait till next monday.

All sounds good stuff, but no mention of Louis and the Ice Truck Killer hand? I'm really interested to see where they go with that!