DS Fantasy Eurovision 34 - Trondheim

AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Velkommen til Trondheim

Alas Armenia was unable to host, so we have headed north, to second place Norway.

Picks are in place, and so to sign up PM me with 5 countries and number them from 1 (most wanted) to 5 (least wanted), a list of countries is available on the DSFE Wikia, but not all of them will be used

The SF’s are remaining, and the number will depend on the amount of players taking part.

I think that’s all, please sign up and ask any questions below.

Takk, og lykke til.

Comments

• mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Signed up!
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Hope to get my first choice!
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    When will signups close?
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Are the UK apart or together this time?
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the UK apart or together this time?

Well it depends on the amount of people sign up.

Also sign ups will close at 7pm on 2 Feb
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this.

Have a feeling it'll be a great contest!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of eager people! :)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when are the countries being dished out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    when are the countries being dished out

Saturday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18 of you have signed up so far! The rest of you or anyone new thinking of joining, you have 4 days to decide, it's only a bit of fun, although you may get hooked.:D
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Love the choice of Trondheim, happy about the contest going there, lovely weather at this time of year! :)

Looking forward to a good contest, the main thing is the quality of the songs and that everyone gets an equal shot and it looks like that will be the case. I wanted to wait until I could say this in the right way, there's been one or two things raised by people recently that I hadn't realised had been happening and kinda surprised me a bit, plus sadly it seems that we may have had a contest in 2012 where the results were less than genuine, which is a pity.

But having said that I'm genuinely hopeful that will all be gone now and that Trondheim can be a fun contest with some fantastic songs. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If picks go well, and countries go to the right people, I can see people entering some great songs. :) Also picks can be changed until sign ups close on Saturday.
    Forum Member
    avb wrote: »
    Love the choice of Trondheim, happy about the contest going there, lovely weather at this time of year! :)

Looking forward to a good contest, the main thing is the quality of the songs and that everyone gets an equal shot and it looks like that will be the case. I wanted to wait until I could say this in the right way, there's been one or two things raised by people recently that I hadn't realised had been happening and kinda surprised me a bit, plus sadly it seems that we may have had a contest in 2012 where the results were less than genuine, which is a pity.

But having said that I'm genuinely hopeful that will all be gone now and that Trondheim can be a fun contest with some fantastic songs. :)

I'm not one to be a shameless gossip but... which contest?!

Multi-voting again?
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    i know it will please a lot of people to know i'm staying for this contest ;)

country list sent
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    I'm not one to be a shameless gossip but... which contest?!

Multi-voting again?

Sorry, maybe people won't thank me for putting it on the thread and if that's the case then I apologise, but Malmo. It seems someone was asked to change their vote by the host to alter the winner. Possibly other stuff in that contest too. Saturn is saying he wasn't involved. It's a shame because I thought it was one of the most enjoyable contests we've had in terms of the actual format.

I don't think we've had any multiple personalities, at least not for quite a while and not anything I'd worry about happening again right now. Bloc voting or passing on country details to other FMs is a more difficult one to figure out, but I hope it's not still happening and that it won't happen this time.

I'm really sorry, I thought it was best saying it now, I was going to end up saying it some time, probably at the wrong moment. :(

Maybe none of it matters all that much in the first place but I hope this can help in some way and we can have a good contest, there are some great songs out there to choose from. :)
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, maybe people won't thank me for putting it on the thread and if that's the case then I apologise, but Malmo. It seems someone was asked to change their vote by the host to alter the winner. Possibly other stuff in that contest too. Saturn is saying he wasn't involved. It's a shame because I thought it was one of the most enjoyable contests we've had in terms of the actual format.

I don't think we've had any multiple personalities, at least not for quite a while and not anything I'd worry about happening again right now. Bloc voting or passing on country details to other FMs is a more difficult one to figure out, but I hope it's not still happening and that it won't happen this time.

I'm really sorry, I thought it was best saying it now, I was going to end up saying it some time, probably at the wrong moment. :(

Maybe none of it matters all that much in the first place but I hope this can help in some way and we can have a good contest, there are some great songs out there to choose from. :)

It's rigged just like real Eurovision. Loll

Keeping it realistic ;)
  • PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member

taking this all a bit too seriously lol

Malmo i didn't even realise there was any problems when you were talking about a contets results i thought you were on about orebro with the hundreds of new players all giving 12 to the same country
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were 8 12s for Gibraltar, and half of those were from people who played before though, including the eventual winner.

Hoping 2013 will stay scandal free :3
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pooley wrote: »

Malmo i didn't even realise there was any problems when you were talking about a contets results i thought you were on about orebro with the hundreds of new players all giving 12 to the same country

You not liking a song doesn't mean that others can't.

That result was made suspicious by the fact that the host put all of the 12s at the same time, at the end, to make it 'dramatic' or what not.

We can't go on together, with suspicious minds. :eek:
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Pooley wrote: »

Well if the game is rigged by people then what's the point in playing? As I see it taking the time to rig a contest is taking it "a bit too seriously" ... But then again that's just my opinion.

I personally think there are certain players who the rules don't seem to apply to, for instance exchaning 12 points... I genuinely believe if you're not wanting to play fair then you shouldn't play at all.

It doesn't surprise me that Malmo was rigged, I wouldn't have expected anything more. :p
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very unfortunate some people feel the need to cheat, when its only a game. But lets hope it all stays in the past, and that people have learned, and we have some amazing contests this year :D
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe, just maybe, we could keep quiet about these things if there's no proof for them, rather than throwing around accusations without a shred of evidence.
    Forum Member
    NOW I know why the fantastically named Cornelia Mooswalder finished dead last!
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm confused lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have the Malmo recap on my favourites on YT, and only watched it a couple of days ago, some great songs!