Do Sky have a "Retention" Department?

GimpymooGimpymoo Posts: 78
Forum Member
As above..

If so does anyone have their number?

I had Sky+ with Multiroom installed on Thursday and would simply like to replace the normal Digibox with a +box for £99 which I know is possible

Nobody at Sky CS is able to help, different people saying different things and its getting annoying.

Wondered if I phoned up to cancel the contract (only had it for 4 days) someone would be able to sort it out.

Many thanks.

Comments

• WiddyWiddy Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gimpymoo wrote:
    As above..

If so does anyone have their number?

I had Sky+ with Multiroom installed on Thursday and would simply like to replace the normal Digibox with a +box for £99 which I know is possible

Nobody at Sky CS is able to help, different people saying different things and its getting annoying.

Wondered if I phoned up to cancel the contract (only had it for 4 days) someone would be able to sort it out.

Many thanks.

That is the best thing to do, if you cancel you will be offered deals (normally) to stay a subscriber.

My father has the six mix pack for £9 a month.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Try calling Customer Care, it's a different department that people here mentioned and have helped me with a couple of things. Usually, but not always, better than Customer Services.

Customer Care
    0207 705 3000 - Kindly ask if they could put you through to Customer Care

Customer Services
    0800 279 2000 - press 1 and you'll be put through to Customer Services
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    You have 30 days to cancel your contract but you would have to speak to Sky,s Cancelled Install team who would arrange a de-install of your equip and refund your money. You have no chance of speaking to the Cancellation team if your account is still within its 1 year contract. I am assuming you are a new customer? If you were an existing customer whou bought sky+ multiroom you could cancel everything down and just go back to your initial set up, then if you could get through to Skys turnaround team they would see if there was anything they could do to keep you. But be very carefull as the offers they give out are very limited and you may get nothing. Sky do want to keep customers as do most companys but they do not have to do anything if they think the customer is at it. Why did you not go for the 2 sky+ box deal when you initially bought it?
  • GimpymooGimpymoo Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I didnt think it was an option when initially purhased and I didnt know how good Sky+ was :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    08705488485 But You Never Heard It From Me
    Forum Member
    UPDATE:

Have contacted "Customer Care".

Now ive been with them for a week and the incompentancy/Inconsistencey seems unbelieveable.

I got through to one person who said they would supply a 2nd Sky+ multiroom box for £99.. call was disconnected during booking.

Second person said "NO WAY".... that would be impossible. You could buy a second +box for £200, oh and we will want £65 to take out your current Digibox????? WTF?

You can buy a +160 box with Multiroom now for £200.

Ive only had it for 6 days. With service at this high standard..... Im off.

Its a shame, as I really liked the service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    I had this exact same problem. We had 1 Sky+ box and another box as multiroom. We wanted to change the standard box for a Sky+.

I rang up Sky and asked how much, the first bloke said £149 & free installation. I said I would get back to him.

I then rang back to order it, they then said it would be £199 + £60 installation I was like ok forget that (we had scaffolding up anyway I wasn't paying £60 for him to tack another wire down the wall!)

I rung back later and asked again, the 3rd person then told me £149 & Free installation so I ordered it.

Sky then came out to fit it but the engineer then said to me that he couldn't install it as it was booked incorrectly, he thought I had one box only, a standard one and it was just a Sky+ upgrade !. I had to ring Sky whilst the engineer was there to discuss it with them. They said I couldn't have the box installed for free and also that I would have to pay £60 installation (making it £259 in total).

At this point I had already paid the originally quoted £149 so they said I could have it installed now if I paid the extra £110 over the phone.

I told them how I had been messed about and said I would pay £199 for the box but I'm not paying for installation. They wouldn't do it so I said forget it and they refunded my £149. This is completely stupid seeing as the engineer was already at my house and it would have taken him all of 10 minutes to install it !!

Anyway I then went out and bought a Sky+ box for £149 from a local shop and installed it myself in about 10 minutes.

Seems like Sky don't have a clue when it comes to having 2 Sky+ boxes !
    Forum Member
    WOW - The exact same problem as myself.

The shear incompetance is amazing.. ive also been promised several callbacks which have never occured.. strange.

Am going to call tomorrow morning and have a final "go".. if they wont budge, I will stay with them as I like the service.. but I at least know NEVER to trust their CS team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    No don't trust them. Not many people seem to have 2 Sky+ boxes..... everyone at Sky seems surprised when you mention it
    Forum Member
    OMG - Their selling the boxes (Pace PVR3) on Simplydigital.co.uk for £159... Sky want £200 - They can kiss my pants.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magga wrote:
    No don't trust them. Not many people seem to have 2 Sky+ boxes..... everyone at Sky seems surprised when you mention it

Kind of surprising given this
    Do I need another minidish with Sky+?
    No, you only need one minidish to get Sky+. It works by taking two digital feeds from your minidish enabling you to do great things like watching one satellite programme whilst recording another and even recording two different channels simultaneously. A Sky box works by taking one digital feed from your minidish. This means that one minidish can serve up to two Sky+ boxes or four Sky boxes in your home.

taken from here http://existing.sky.com/faq.asp.