Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I will probably watch next week as they are visiting Emily's family - I am interested to get an idea what the family think about it. I am not sure what to make of them, Emily does seem very supportive and apparently isn't after a career in reality TV - maybe they do genuinely like each other.

Yes it will be interesting to observe the family dynamic. I think I spotted her Dad with her at the concert in last night's episode and her mother and brother featured in the last series so I assume they're happy. I think people miss the drama and arguments from the Katie/Peter days but as I think Cyril's pointed out Pete's shows are less fly-on-the-wall and more crafted so I don't think we'll be seeing Pete and Emily ripping pieces out of each other. It's a different relationship.

I think he was far more tactile with her before they became an item. I remember him grabbing her after their 'wedding ceremony' in the Zanzibar episode and saying something like 'come on then love shall we go and consumate the marriage' which she seemed quite happy to go along with. Clearly a joke as her parents were present but he made it very clear he thought she was a 'hottie'.

It will be interesting to see what happens long term but I think the fact she's being included within the 'storyline' suggests they're serious about each other. Didn't the episode summaries say something about Pete and Emily taking their relationship to the next level - so watch this space! (or I should add perhaps not in the case of most posters on the thread)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    My Life – Ep.2 Reviewage

Suffering:
    The first 30mins was filled with Pete telling us how he’s struggling and suffering interspersed with other people telling us how Pete is struggling and suffering. So I’ve nothing whatsoever to say about any of that other than it was a struggle and I suffered. On to Malta.

The Malta Connection:
    Pete takes his suffering and his entourage to Malta where he is to be honoured. Twice! After greeting and posing with his 'adoring fans', they make their way to the hotel. In the car, Pete tells us he’s there to accept two awards, one for his music and the other ‘for all his charity work in the UK’. Que?? He also says he thinks the Maltese have mistaken him for someone else. It’s an understandable conclusion. After checking out the hotel, he makes his way to the Presidential Palace where a beaming Mayor Dingli tells him he’s a cultural icon and presents him with his certificate of culture and something in a box. Pete shook Mayor Dingli’s hand for the photographs while – we now know - the good citizens of Valletta shook their fists in outrage and stomped off in a fury to take their displeasure out on their keyboards.

Here’s my theory on the Mayor Dingli-Pezza connection:
    A couple of months back, Mayor Dingli, sitting in his office musing on ways to boost Summer tourism in Valletta while idly googling the internets, was suddenly blinded by an orange man introducing his tv show. Donning shades, Mayor Dingli watched in fascination. And concluded “Here is a man with nothing to fill his show and here am I, a mayor with my beautiful Valletta, and nowhere to promote it.” “Fate,” he thought, hatching a plan that included a made-up award and an ambassadorship, while reaching for the phone.

On to the music awards where the Prince of Daftness picks up Best International Artist 2013, his first music award in 15 years. “It amazing!” he says. Amazing is exactly what it is. But just to be kind, he does seem to be popular there and he stopped struggling and suffering long enough to tell us that he was feeling the love.

Back in the UK, Pete returns to his suffering theme. It involved painting a room in possibly the most inept manner I have ever seen and ended with, you’ve guessed it, more struggling and suffering. Enough.

The only tiny bright spot came at the end when they trailed Ep.3 and CP, with an expression like a waspbite, reported indignantly to Pete that the good citizens of Valletta were revolting against his ambassadorship. It might be funny to watch. On the other hand, judging by tonight’s episode, the struggling and suffering, if it continues, may actually kill you.

Fab reviewage as always Lexi :D:D:D:D:D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fab reviewage as always Lexi :D:D:D:D:D

Agreed.
    Thanks lexi.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GO .. Team OZAPO

They really are, I supply the half time oranges.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks all re the reviewage comments. :) I'm sorry it was so thin. Had it not been for Mayor Dingli and his cunning plan, there wouldn't have been any at all. :D

Very interesting comments re Emily. I was expecting to have lots to say about the relationship as she featured quite a bit but I just drew a complete blank. I don't know what it is - they obviously and absolutely are very fond of each other imo - but there's something very fundamental missing... and it's on Pete's side, not Emily's.

Anyway, they're down Emily-way next week and there's Valentine's Day coverage so I guess we'll see...
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Thanks all re the reviewage comments. :) I'm sorry it was so thin. Had it not been for Mayor Dingli and his cunning plan, there wouldn't have been any at all. :D

Very interesting comments re Emily. I was expecting to have lots to say about the relationship as she featured quite a bit but I just drew a complete blank. I don't know what it is - they obviously and absolutely are very fond of each other imo - but there's something very fundamental missing... and it's on Pete's side, not Emily's.

Anway, they're down Emily-way next week and there's Valentine's Day coverage so I guess we'll see...

From what people say ..they do appear mates more than lovers
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what people say ..they do appear mates more than lovers

But when you've lost someone close to you, can can go a bit.. numb. I'm a cuddle monster but hated showing signs of affection when I lost close relatives. You can go a bit "in" on yourself so it might be that.

Also I don't think she's someone who plays up for the camera... maybe we just aren't used to seeing a "normal" relationship on screen! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    But when you've lost someone close to you, can can go a bit.. numb. I'm a cuddle monster but hated showing signs of affection when I lost close relatives. You can go a bit "in" on yourself so it might be that.

Also I don't think she's someone who plays up for the camera... maybe we just aren't used to seeing a "normal" relationship on screen! :D

I'm also talking about before Andrews death.. And "normal" couples show affection on tv
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe he is conscious that if he is all over her people will think it is fake? I know this is Peter Andre we are talking about, but I'm tying to think of a reason. My partner and I are very affectionate but I can't imagine being a total cuddle monster when being filmed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also talking about before Andrews death.. And "normal" couples show affection on tv

I think they are very sweet together, but that is just my opinion.

Maybe they were taking it slow and steady rather than dry humping each other every second the camera is on them?

Maybe she doesn't like being filmed being affectionate and he is respecting her feelings?

Or perhaps he has realised you don't have to stick your tongue down your partners throat when the camera is on you.

We don't know.

And being relaxed and friends with each other is part of building a long term relationship that lasts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he is conscious that if he is all over her people will think it is fake? I know this is Peter Andre we are talking about, but I'm tying to think of a reason. My partner and I are very affectionate but I can't imagine being a total cuddle monster when being filmed.

And maybe compare her with a certain person as well?

I think she is quite reserved as a person and she is still getting used to having a camera crew record her. I know I wouldn't be as hands on with my man if a camera crew where following us around all day :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are very sweet together, but that is just my opinion.

Maybe they were taking it slow and steady rather than dry humping each other every second the camera is on them?

Maybe she doesn't like being filmed being affectionate and he is respecting her feelings?

Or perhaps he has realised you don't have to stick your tongue down your partners throat when the camera is on you.

We don't know.

And being relaxed and friends with each other is part of building a long term relationship that lasts.

I agree badcat, i actually find this makes things far more believable then if he was sticking his tongue down her throat every five seconds
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And maybe compare her with a certain person as well?

I think she is quite reserved as a person and she is still getting used to having a camera crew record her. I know I wouldn't be as hands on with my man if a camera crew where following us around all day :D

I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors, maybe Betty is right and they are more mates then lovers, but I just never bought into the whole smooch parade and 'look how I can't keep my hands off her, this means I love her soo much' some celebrity couples put on. Naming no names of course..................
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe a couple have to be all over each other but I do think a couple who have deep feelings give little signals .. From what I've seen ( pics) and heard these two just don't appear to have that "spark"

On a private note and off topic .. I have been informed a couple of posters have been reading my twitter account and are starting to make personal comments about me on there and here.. I won't be bullied into stopping posting on here and I won't be bullied FULL STOP... by the way ..I know who you are and you are a spineless coward
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe a couple have to be all over each other but I do think a couple who have deep feelings give little signals .. From what I've seen ( pics) and heard these two just don't appear to have that "spark"

On a private note and off topic .. I have been informed a couple of posters have been reading my twitter account and are starting to make personal comments about me on there and here.. I won't be bullied into stopping posting on here and I won't be bullied FULL STOP... by the way ..I know who you are and you are a spineless coward

Did you watch the last episode Betty? there's a bit in the car when they are in Malta where I thought "ahhh... yup... there it is". :)

Sorry you are being bullied Betty, but is this the thread to post this on? (not being a meany but I don't want peeps posts to get deleted as I know they do when they stray off course)

p.s.. how the ruddy hell do people find out other users twitter thingies?? people are weird...This is why I don't even use fartbook anymore!
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's creepy, I don't always agree with your views but to stalk you on twitter is nasty and I hope it doesn't put you off coming here.

ETA and least you're always polite with your views
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's creepy, I don't always agree with your views but to stalk you on twitter is nasty and I hope it doesn't put you off coming here.

ETA and least you're always polite with your views

No amount of nasty digs will put me off.. If they think I will run away in tears..they don't know me ..I'm made of tougher stuff than that ;)
    Thanks for support .. This is a place were we are all entitled to an opinion..even if we don't like it.. I enjoy debating with people .. Most of those I don't share the same opinion with are great and it's a pleasure disagreeing :D
    But sadly others have hidden agenda's but I CAN see that ;)
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Genuine question. How would this be done.:confused: Also l have not seen any personal comments about you on here. Not disbelieving you tho'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not sure Betty, they don't really give off that spark to me either, but I am not sure a trashy show on ITV2 is the best judge of a relationship. Though I must admit I have my doubt that someone who seems to have her feet on the ground, and with a modicum of intelligence, would want anything to do with the orange one. I don't see this being a long term, death do us part, together forever relationship, but who knows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway back on topic
    Badcat I don't watch his shows .. Maybe I should give it a whirl and see for myself if I'm right ..I've only gone off photos and the odd clip I've seen in ads for his shows
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Genuine question. How would this be done.:confused: Also l have not seen any personal comments about you on here. Not disbelieving you tho'

They haven't named me in the posts but by their post comments I know ts aimed at me .. Also but I'm being disgusted by them on twitter .. One of the trio told me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you watch the last episode Betty? there's a bit in the car when they are in Malta where I thought "ahhh... yup... there it is". :)

Sorry you are being bullied Betty, but is this the thread to post this on? (not being a meany but I don't want peeps posts to get deleted as I know they do when they stray off course)

p.s.. how the ruddy hell do people find out other users twitter thingies?? people are weird...This is why I don't even use fartbook anymore!

People are very weird, after all, this isn't economics, philosophy, politics ect, of all the reasons I would dislike someone over their point of view an overexposed, orange bimbo is pretty low down on the list. Sorry you are having to deal with this Betty. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway back on topic
    Badcat I don't watch his shows .. Maybe I should give it a whirl and see for myself if I'm right ..I've only gone off photos and the odd clip I've seen in ads for his shows

I have never watched his show either, I was half thinking of doing so but then I remembered I had a soul. I see Lexi's weary eyes every time she does the reviewage and I'm not strong enough to put myself through that
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They haven't named me in the posts but by their post comments I know ts aimed at me .. Also but I'm being disgusted by them on twitter .. One of the trio told me

I'm intrigued. As you know l completely disagree with you on PA/KP, but l always know where you stand, and for that l give you credit.
This discussion has been closed.