When will the new iPhone be out?

cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am thinking about having an early upgrade and getting an iPhone and was just wondering when the new one comes out? Also would I need to pre order one or just go into the store and get one once it's released?

Comments

• enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's meant be out on 20th I expect preorders within 2-4 days after the announcement on the 10th. Honestly it depends on how big the demand is and how many phones your shop gets in.
  • teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The official announcement date is 10th September, so pre-ordering is usually allowed within 2-4 days of announcement, then its up to 14 days after that. However, it really depends on the shops and the networks,
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new iphone will be on a high end contract so don't expect to get it free on £30 pm contract etc, it will be something like £36/38 pm and £99 upfront cost or something.

Those figures are just a hunch and the upfront cost I heard about on here I think, I forget which thread now.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    The new iphone will be on a high end contract so don't expect to get it free on £30 pm contract etc, it will be something like £36/38 pm and £99 upfront cost or something.

Those figures are just a hunch and the upfront cost I heard about on here I think, I forget which thread now.

It depends which phone, the 5C will likely be available cheaper than that.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    It depends which phone, the 5C will likely be available cheaper than that.

Good call i totally forgot about the C, i guess it will have to be cheaper otherwise people will just pay that little bit extra to have the S version, so got to be a good £4-5 cheaper on contract I'd say.
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I've been heard that there is no longer going to be any iPhones with a screen smaller than 6". ;)
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Also I've been heard that there is no longer going to be any iPhones with a screen smaller than 6". ;)

iPhone 5XL

You heard it here first people ;)
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Apple tv and I was just wondering if it will be shown on there ? If not are there any weblinks?

Or is it going to be only from the media outlets at the launch posting pictures on their sites ? And then it being able to watch a couple of hours after , which I dont stand the point of?

When they introducded Ios7 they carried that live , I hope they do this event ?
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is iOS 7 out on the 10 which is this tues?
  • SiriusSirius Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    iPhone 5XL

You heard it here first people ;)

Exclusive to Jacamo :D
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Is iOS 7 out on the 10 which is this tues?

No-one knows for definite. I read a rumour which suggested it was likely to be a couple of days before the phones were released, so maybe a week after the announcement date.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I assume the Key Note speech will be on Apple TV
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    20th. Pre-orders on the 13th.
  • teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ios7 is rumoured to be released tomorrow (everyone overloads iTunes and it crashes) but again it really is a wait and see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Good call i totally forgot about the C, i guess it will have to be cheaper otherwise people will just pay that little bit extra to have the S version, so got to be a good £4-5 cheaper on contract I'd say.

I have heard some journalists say that the 5C will be exlusively for the chinese market, so it may not be available in the UK at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just have to wait until tomorrow I suppose .

Altogether now ......

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow
    You're only a day away .♫ ♪ ♫ :D
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Tech Journalists know nothing.. i work with some of them. Nothing is confirmed, not even the "one more thing"
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait for the new iPhone to be announced it'll help me decide between that and the Sony Xperia Z1 :)
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    thedrewser wrote: »
    I have heard some journalists say that the 5C will be exlusively for the chinese market, so it may not be available in the UK at all.

I hope they do make it available in the UK, a lot of us would like an iPhone but can't afford the £500 price tag.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we only got about a day till we all find out. Hopefully this time they factored in europe.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will someone post a link and timing to view tommorows announcement online
  • tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,650
    Forum Member
    Will someone post a link and timing to view tommorows announcement online
    Look at www.macrumors.com
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This had just come on line .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnVNJ8qS2Lo

Live net feed. 61 already watching it ??
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jchamier wrote: »
    mjdj1689 wrote: »
    This had just come on line .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnVNJ8qS2Lo

Live net feed. 61 already watching it ??

Thanks