Man United Supporters Thread (Part 36)

Comments

• Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Igloo_Man wrote: »
    That's the thing. I don't get why you felt the need to bring up De Gea's flaws on a night when he played really well.

Because people are going OTT about him being unfairly blamed for stuff when he is actually being blamed for mistakes. Equally why were people speculating about what he would be getting blamed for tonight or in the media tomorrow after he played well today?

There no one who wants him to awesome more than me, im a Man Utd fan, i want clean sheets every week! However while i will defend him against unfair criticism i dont feel under any pressure not to point out weaknesses that may cost us dearly. Tonight we saw the Fulham keeper come out, command his area and clear the ball, while even tonight DDG, despite the fantastic saves, looked a little off in that area. Thats the difference. As i say, no one was ever in any doubt that if it was spectacular shot stopping we need he is always going to excel in that area as he did tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/02/02/3720265/manchester-united-will-falter-in-title-race-insists-mancini

But according to Mancini the gap by the end of the month will be 'very, very small'. I think he should concentrate on beating Liverpool before he talks. :rolleyes:
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was gonna say yea small between them and Chelsea but then Chelsea are shit lol
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    Told you Man Utd would win

Don't ever doubt Big Boy Barry and his mentalist telepatheeee
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Because people are going OTT about him being unfairly blamed for stuff when he is actually being blamed for mistakes. Equally why were people speculating about what he would be getting blamed for tonight or in the media tomorrow after he played well today?

There no one who wants him to awesome more than me, im a Man Utd fan, i want clean sheets every week! However while i will defend him against unfair criticism i dont feel under any pressure not to point out weaknesses that may cost us dearly. Tonight we saw the Fulham keeper come out, command his area and clear the ball, while even tonight DDG, despite the fantastic saves, looked a little off in that area. Thats the difference. As i say, no one was ever in any doubt that if it was spectacular shot stopping we need he is always going to excel in that area as he did tonight.

I think I understand your point now, although not all of 'the people' you refer to are speculating sincerely about what going to be blamed for - many (and I'm talking about those on here) are just having a joke. Only the media are a real issue along with those who fall for the crap they write about De Gea. At the end of the day, so what if he's going to be slagged off by the media every weekend? As long as it is not affecting him (and so far I've seen no evidence in favour of that) then the media can write whatever they fancy as they have done with so many other United-related people in the past.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe it, I feel soooooooo bad, my dad has been doing what he loves so much family history stuff today, and I found out that I have some family that orginally came from Liverpool, so I am part Scouse!

Ahhh!! Nooooooooooo!!!

This is not a good day!
    Forum Member
    I don't believe it, I feel soooooooo bad, my dad has been doing what he loves so much family history stuff today, and I found out that I have some family that orginally came from Liverpool, so I am part Scouse!

Ahhh!! Nooooooooooo!!!

This is not a good day!

Rooney is your best player. He's Scouse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooney is your best player. He's Scouse.

There is a huge difference between watching Rooney, and actually finding out that I have some Scouse blood in me!

I feel bad now, oh well, I suppose it means I can at least give a small yell of happiness if Liverpool were to get anything out of tomorrow's match. :o:o:o:o:o:o
    Forum Member
    I cant imagine the Scousers are having a street party about it either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    I cant imagine the Scousers are having a street party about it either.

You never know for sure. ;):o:(
    Forum Member
    Big Boy Barry sympathises. I know what it's like to discover that the enemy infiltrated your family.I recently discovered that my great grandfather supported those treacherous Bedlington Terriers, arch enemies of the legendary Billingham Synthonia. I felt unclean.
  • toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DDG just needs to address one part of his game and that's commanding his area and that will come in time, he IS going to be an immense keeper just hope its with us.
    Forum Member
    toastie15 wrote: »
    DDG just needs to address one part of his game and that's commanding his area and that will come in time, he IS going to be an immense keeper just hope its with us.

And that my friend, is the entire problem i have with him summed up in one sentence.
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Do you think Ronaldo is working on the basis that Messi will now score 2 own goals?
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ahhh!! Nooooooooooo!!!

This is not a good day!

My first serious boyfriend was a scouser.

That's why I have issues.:o:D

He was a git!

As for all the chumps who called us a one man team, ave some of that!!:cool:
  • Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first serious boyfriend was a scouser.

That's why I have issues.:o:D

He was a git!

As for all the chumps who called us a one man team, ave some of that!!:cool:

Why would you go out with someone who was a git? :D

I was relishing the trip to the Bernebeu when the Champions League draw was made, and watching Real Madrid at the moment, I'm even more fired up for it. We might just be in for a treat.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was relishing the trip to the Bernebeu when the Champions League draw was made, and watching Real Madrid at the moment, I'm even more fired up for it. We might just be in for a treat.

At the time I didn't think he was a git. I just couldn't see that he was a shit through my " I think i'm in love eyes". :o

Looking back he was definitely one of those blokes your mum warn you about.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Oh that really is a beauty Lamps.

Chelsea, you utter fools.

Edit: Mata with a Fifa finesse shot!
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Real are hot one week shit the next who knows which one we will face :0
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need help. The BBC website says '10 point gap pleases Ferguson', yet the league table says we are 13 points in front with City still to play 2 games. So where has the 10 points come from :confused::confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Our away form this season has been fantastic, (bar the Norwich and Everton games, for which there were mitigating circumstances), wins at Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Fulham, Newcastle, and Southampton off of the top of my head, shows that we should go there not at all fearing them, if anything, we should go there actually looking foward to the match.

We are very good when we are asked to play away, and I can see us, scoring a few goals there, which should see us through over the two legs, just got to get that pesky Everton match out of the way first and foremost.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I need help. The BBC website says '10 point gap pleases Ferguson', yet the league table says we are 13 points in front with City still to play 2 games. So where has the 10 points come from :confused::confused::confused:

BBC have made a mistake if they've said that. 10 points it is, one game in hand for City.

Unless they know something we don't. Mystic Meg returned to the BBC? :eek:
  • zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member

The BBC has counted today's results twice! We are on 62 from 25 games, City on 52 from 24 and Arsenal are on 41 and in sixth, not 44 and fourth. Well done BBC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that that I shouldn't get ahead of myself, but if going into the derby match (which is four games from the end of the season by my reckoning), if we have the league won then (say 15 points clear with only twelve to play for), I would love to see them form a guard of honour for us to come out on to the pitch! :D:D

That would be most satisfying indeed! :D:D
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC must use the same table as the Premier League then because they have done exactly the same. Man Utd haven't bothered to update it yet :D
This discussion has been closed.