Sky Mobile - a possibility???

Gerry MandarinGerry Mandarin Posts: 890
Forum Member
✭✭
Seeing as Sky have a finger in almost every other pie on the communications front do you see Sky Mobile as a viable posibility?

They could add it into their bundles to make it a more attractive proposition, or offer BB discounts like other providers do. What do you reckon,would be interested in such a proposition?

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Seems very plausible to me.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very possible specially as both virgin media and BT are in the moblie phone industry. Obviously it will only be a mvno as they have no spectrum.
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been a Vodafone loyalist for about 6 years but if it happened I could potentially see myself switching. However I currently get a discount with VF due to where I work so it'd have to be very appealing
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    This would be so good, I'm impressed with Virgin Media mobile tariffs. I wonder why Sky mobile hasn't surfaced yet?
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More competition is always good also with BT going back into the mobile business soon I think sky will want to get into the mobile market too.
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't this get explored a few years ago (in association with Vodafone, iirc) and was chucked out?
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never understood why they don't. You'd have thought they'd have has a virtual network years ago.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    I have it on good authority that this is something being actively explored. I believe the subject maybe brought up at the next quarterly earnings report. The openly discussed plans of BT has kind of spurred them on apparently. Sky are looking for more reasons to diversify their portfolio and thus keep customers loyal.
  • mebiscuitmebiscuit Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    TalkTalk already have mobile contracts with the latest phones, so I can't see why others providers can offer this service.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Sky had a deal with Vodafone in the past that offered Sky customers a special rate. I remember Sky always used to push Vodafone at every opportunity.

The question is, which network would they use? Talktalk and Talk Mobile(CPW) both use Vodafone, BT will be using o2 if I remember rightly, and of course Virgin use T-Mobile/EE.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    I'm sure Sky had a deal with Vodafone in the past that offered Sky customers a special rate. I remember Sky always used to push Vodafone at every opportunity.

The question is, which network would they use? Talktalk and Talk Mobile(CPW) both use Vodafone, BT will be using o2 if I remember rightly, and of course Virgin use T-Mobile/EE.

Sounds like Vodaphone have as much need for a partnership as Sky do.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Good chance Sky could launch a 4G based tariff.
  • Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm impressed with Virgin Media mobile tariffs

Your impressed with a service which constantly reduces its Data Allowance and Fair Use policies to its customers by anything upto 65% at a time?. Wow.

(So called 'unlimited' service had its 10gb FUP reduced to 3.5gb in March and to be reduced yet again in September when its replaced by a capped 1gb / 3gb tariff - all in less than 12 months)

http://customer.virginmedia.com/bigdata?buspart=DMail_36