Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    the overall picture on tripadvisor seems quite good but they are funny the way they react to criticism & seem a bit silly I think. They need to be able to learn to take it on the chin and in some cases listen and learn. Can't wait to see what the problem is tomorrow and why they refuse to stay. Will this be a first, I don't think I've seen this happen before.
    How amazing was Saidia's green patchwork jumpsuit when they stayed in the yurts, saw it again today:eek:

The dreaded Amanda from Borrowby Mill in the last series refused to stay at a place in Edinburgh after claiming it was too dirty for her...
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the overall picture on tripadvisor seems quite good but they are funny the way they react to criticism & seem a bit silly I think. They need to be able to learn to take it on the chin and in some cases listen and learn. Can't wait to see what the problem is tomorrow and why they refuse to stay. Will this be a first, I don't think I've seen this happen before.
    How amazing was Saidia's green patchwork jumpsuit when they stayed in the yurts, saw it again today:eek:

Summat she bought orf a shopping channel do you think?:eek:
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    The dreaded Amanda from Borrowby Mill in the last series refused to stay at a place in Edinburgh after claiming it was too dirty for her...

ah thanks, I've not had the pleasure of seeing her will have a google and a nosy. Looking forward to the big reveal tomorrow
    Forum Member
    hooter wrote: »
    [/B]

Summat she bought orf a shopping channel do you think?:eek:

I honestly don't know, I have not ever seen such an item, was quite fascinating in its own special way
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doh! New thread and I havent even watched tonights yet.

I will get on with it. :) I'll have to go back to the old thread. :(
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah thanks, I've not had the pleasure of seeing her will have a google and a nosy. Looking forward to the big reveal tomorrow

Here's the week with Amanda of Borrowby Mill http://www.channel4.com/programmes/four-in-a-bed/episode-guide/series-3/episode-46 :)
  • carrielgcarrielg Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    They are mad. One or two bad TA reviews wouldn't put me off if there were lots if good one because you'll always find someone who moans and often they are the ones who write a review. However, their defensive responses would most definitely stop me from going!
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't know, I have not ever seen such an item, was quite fascinating in its own special way

I know - it was certainly very erm different...

In the words of Karen Walker: "Oh Minnie Driver, whoever told you you could pull off a leather jumpsuit?"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmmmmmmmmm...don`t think I`d call it that:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that Veronicas parents used to take the family to holiday in British seaside B&Bs in the 60 and early 70's and she has styled this place on them. Just awful.
    They have a poor attitude, the others are being quite generous, I think.

I do like the idea that you can get up to make yourself some hot toast if you want it.

I have decided, Paul is an annoying little berk and I hope the two busty blondes smother him.

At the start of tonight show the narrator called V&S a couple.
    Forum Member
    SueG wrote: »

ah thanks but sadly my computer is rubbish so I can't see it, roll on the upgrade. Will look for it on youtube, it can cope reluctantly with that:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow Veronica refuses to stay at Helens place (perhaps because she is reacting to Siaida feeling insulted) and says if Helen wants to take that the wrong way that's not her (Veronica) problem.

Whats the right way to take it? :D
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »
    I know - it was certainly very erm different...

In the words of Karen Walker: "Oh Minnie Driver, whoever told you you could pull off a leather jumpsuit?"

haha that jumpsuit was seriously radical, really jumped out at me:eek:
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL, well researched.

I buy a lot off Ebay but doubt I`ll be purchasing one of those......:eek::D
  • Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe in the TA reviews for the Richwood, that they charged a guest nearly £250 to paint over a mark on the wall! :eek:

That can't be right? Can it? Am I seeing things?

Their sarky responses don't sit very well with me. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere that had such bolshy owners :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After reading some of the complaints and responses on TA of V&S's place, I noted the "damages " deposit! What never heard of such a thing although of course many hotel have your CC details and I suppose they could very well use these. Also I see the bistro i often closed ( which would be the big thing for me..the food by the way being more important than a fish tank. I think this is a case of two ladies biting off more than they could chew and getting their hip scarves i a twist. So iam revising my gernerous assessment and thinking why oh why....didn;t you go fr that two up two down (ensuite of course)?
  • TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carrielg wrote: »
    They are mad. One or two bad TA reviews wouldn't put me off if there were lots if good one because you'll always find someone who moans and often they are the ones who write a review. However, their defensive responses would most definitely stop me from going!

I once worked in a small friendly family run b&b It was quite enjoyable as a whole :)

Then they seemed to get quite addicted to checking out the TA reviews and responded to each one and I must say that they didn't really come across very well in their responses.

After working there for 4 years in the bar, restaurant and bookings, etc I left because they asked the staff to sign a contract which included taking liability of damage to rooms and damage to vehicles left over night on the road :eek:

It seems that when owners read the TA site paranoia sets in, anyway they have since left and I'm now off to check the latest reviews (USAKIP may have stayed there) !
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »

There was a brief clip of Veronica says something about carpets smelling of vomit.

We shall see.

Did the blonde want to charge her for it?! ;).

Anyone seen Les Miserables?

Here's a part of Master of the House ;)

Charge 'em for the lice
    Extra for the mice
    Two percent for looking in the mirror twice
    Here a little slice
    There a little cut
    Three percent for sleeping with the window shut
    When it comes to fixing prices
    There are a lot of tricks he knows
    How it all increases
    All those bits and pieces
    Jesus! It's amazing how it grows!
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In view of current issues in the NHS, I am surprised the two ex-nurses did not have have guests sign 'gagging clauses' about TA comments.

Seriously, having seen their attitude to paying guests, I have to wonder what their attitude was to patients in their previous lives was like.
  • britchick_99702britchick_99702 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I wonder if yesterday's owners refuse to stay tonight because of religious reasons-tonight's is a pub too, isn't it? I find these two quite rude and dismissive. Don't come on a show where you are going to be criticised if you can't hack it. You're quite capable of dishing it out. Nothing on the forms last night was so bad to take major offence to it. The guy just keeps going on and on about the two blonde ladies. It's getting rather lame now. At least they were up front about the hair in the breakfast.

On another trail of thought, I hope the two nurses don't underpay the nice couple because they stayed in a Yurt as he was very polite and gave them an alternative which they refused.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..The guy just keeps going on and on about the two blonde ladies. It's getting rather lame now. At least they were up front about the hair in the breakfast..

I think its more he keeps getting asked about them. As I said in the old thread, we never see the questions asked that give the cutaway interviews. Something more than the hair must have happened to put him off them, but for some reason its not been shown - odd as previous participants have said they don't really get to interact without the cameras being there:confused:
  • britchick_99702britchick_99702 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I think its more he keeps getting asked about them. As I said in the old thread, we never see the questions asked that give the cutaway interviews. Something more than the hair must have happened to put him off them, but for some reason its not been shown - odd as previous participants have said they don't really get to interact without the cameras being there:confused:

But he seemed to have it in for her from the minute he opened the door to them both at his place. Slightly irrational methinks. Yes, she appears a bit in your face but, rather that, than be a sour old puss.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,676
    Forum Member
    Morning
    I wonder if yesterday's owners refuse to stay tonight because of religious reasons-tonight's is a pub too[/B
    On another trail of thought, I hope the two nurses don't underpay the nice couple because they stayed in a Yurt as he was very polite and gave them an alternative which they refused.

A couple of thoughts on the above.
    First off there was wine on the table at their meal, which was at their place and in some of the TA feedback there's an issue about guests bringing in alcohol because they sell it on the premises - so not sure that is likely to be the case really.

Re the Yurt situation, I found that quite contrived really. There's the conversation up above about Saida's jumpsuit, quite like a ski suit really - very warm. Seems almost like she came pre-prepared ;)

Nick - love Karen Walker - love her.
  • tynka belltynka bell Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I can't believe in the TA reviews for the Richwood, that they charged a guest nearly £250 to paint over a mark on the wall! :eek:

That can't be right? Can it? Am I seeing things?

Their sarky responses don't sit very well with me. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere that had such bolshy owners :(

Bit think about it ... if they charge all guests a £250 deposit for 'damages', find any spurious reason to claim said deposit in full, then all the redecoration work will be paid for by other people !! The downside will be word will get out and there will be no guests to be able to charge a £250 deposit!!
This discussion has been closed.