Xbox One to launch 29th November??

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭
Not an official announcement, but Toys R Us have the UK launch date for Xbox One as Friday 29th November, giving Microsoft an apparent 2 week head start over the PS4.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf?fh_eds=%3f&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=0&fh_location=%2f%2ftrus%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3c%7btrus_trus%7d%2fitemtype%3dproduct%2f%24s%3dXbox%5cu0020one&media=web

Just another placeholder, or the first confirmation of the release date?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Not an official announcement, but Toys R Us have the UK launch date for Xbox One as Friday 29th November, giving Microsoft an apparent 2 week head start over the PS4.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf?fh_eds=%3f&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=0&fh_location=%2f%2ftrus%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3c%7btrus_trus%7d%2fitemtype%3dproduct%2f%24s%3dXbox%5cu0020one&media=web

Just another placeholder, or the first confirmation of the release date?

Placeholder, I practically guarantee it, MS haven't announced anything regarding the release date besides November, so any dates given on websites should be taken with a pinch of salt. I also strongly doubt that Sony will release the PS4 in mid-December as you seem to suggest, that really wouldn't give them much time before Christmas, both MS and Sony will want to give their consoles a good run at pre-Christmas shoppers. My bet is mid-November for both consoles, I'm guessing we'll get a more concrete release date at one of the upcoming gaming expos in August/September.
  • iMrAn_666iMrAn_666 Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I will be really surprised if the new Xbox does not come out on or before the new cod.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Placeholder. As above, I'm sure they'd want to get it out as close to CoD as possible. Nov 29 not a bad date but I can see it being pushed up.

PS4 has been listed just 12days before Xmas. Retail suicide, surely. If real, you really do need a pre-order.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Placeholder. As above, I'm sure they'd want to get it out as close to CoD as possible. Nov 29 not a bad date but I can see it being pushed up.

PS4 has been listed just 12days before Xmas. Retail suicide, surely. If real, you really do need a pre-order.

I agree. We've been discussing it over on the PS section. I think Xbox One will launch alongside COD around 5th November, while PS4 will be a week or 2 earlier to match Assassin's Creed and Battlefield 4.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iMrAn_666 wrote: »
    I will be really surprised if the new Xbox does not come out on or before the new cod.

I've ben saying that to a friend at work.