Doctor Who: Series 7 Episode 10 - Hide 20/4/2013 BBC1 6:45pm

CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
Forum Member
✭✭
I believe the exercise worked well for Cold War, so I thought I would jump in and continue it for the episode I'm really looking forward to :)
Clara and the Doctor arrive at Caliburn House, a haunted mansion sat alone on a desolate moor. Within its walls, a ghost hunting Professor and a gifted psychic are searching for the Witch of the Well. Her apparition appears throughout the history of the building, but is she really a ghost? And what is chasing her?

NEXT TIME (or is it 'COMING SOON') TRAILER

POSTER

SFX Spoiler-Free Preview
Cultbox Dialogue Teasers
Cultbox Hints

It’s written by the man who penned “The Rings Of Akhaten”, but rest assured it’s much better.

What did you think of the episode? 669 votes

Excellent
43% 290 votes
Good
35% 240 votes
Average
12% 86 votes
Bad
3% 25 votes
Poor
4% 28 votes

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doctor who needs more ghosts, as we all know....:)
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    It’s written by the man who penned “The Rings Of Akhaten”, but rest assured it’s much better.
    I think they'll be many who'd say it couldn't possibly be worse!
    (I'm not one of them BTW...)
    :)
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Hide' looks like it might be like that SJA story in the haunted house :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Akhaten gets such a hard time....i ADORED the episode.

Regardless i am very excited as to what this has to offer...dont know too much about this one apart from that creature in the trailer for series 7 that looked like a Silent intrigued me, and the setting of an abandoned old house and the woods gave me Hammer Horror vibes and the poster there also gives a very Horror vibe about it too.

ghosts tend to unnerve me the most so yeah i know im gonna be chilled!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um. Has anyone else noticed how that doesn't look like Clara's hand in the poster...?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this, looks like great production values, great story/concept and a great guest cast.

I love the atmospheric episodes.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Um. Has anyone else noticed how that doesn't look like Clara's hand in the poster...?

Good spot! It looks like somebody behind her. :eek:
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good catch. :D

Someone's reaching over her shoulder with the candles.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the clues is that a famous catchphrase returns.

I think this'll be Clara's 'run you clever boy and remember'. There's a shot of her saying it in the BBCA series trailer and her hair looks like it does here.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm even more excited for Hide now that I know the creepy monster seen in the Series 7 Part 2 trailer is in it as well as the "I am the Doctor...and I am afraid" scene.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBCA trailer for this episode is out and, as usual, it seems to give a bit more away.
    Seems that the 'witch in the well' is a time traveler trapped in another 'dimension' and the Doctor goes in to rescue her.
  • LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to this episode. I like episodes with this kind of atmosphere. It will be interesting to see if we get any progression with the 'Clara Who' arc as Doctor says "Clara, what is she?"

And this is also the episode from the part 2 trailer with the line "I am The Doctor, and I am afraid"
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    The BBCA trailer for this episode is out and, as usual, it seems to give a bit more away.
    Seems that the 'witch in the well' is a time traveler trapped in another 'dimension' and the Doctor goes in to rescue her.
    The Rani??
  • Dust MonkeyDust Monkey Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was printed in Doctor Who magazine.

Jessica Raine’s character, Emma, can tell what other characters are thinking and she has questions for the Doctor.

Snippet of dialogue.
    CLARA: So, I am a ghost. To you. I’m a ghost. We’re all ghosts to you. We must be nothing.”
    DOCTOR: “No, you’re not that.”
    CLARA: “Then what are we? What can we possibly be?”
    DOCTOR: “The only mystery worth solving.”

I hoping this means Clara finds out about the previous two versions of her.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

AS some of us liked The Rings of Akhaten, was that comment really necessary? :confused::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    The Rani??

Fourteen posts in!!! :eek: :D

This forum is starting to sound a tad obsessed :o;)
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    AS some of us liked The Rings of Akhaten was that comment really necessary? :confused::(

That comment wasn't made by CD93, just incase you didn't know
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fourteen posts in!!! :eek: :D

This forum is starting to sound a tad obsessed :o;)

Just a matter of time before someone said it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    That comment wasn't made by CD93, just incase you didn't know

I didn't... doesn't stop me being annoyed at the constant slagging that episode is getting though :o:(
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AS some of us liked The Rings of Akhaten, was that comment really necessary? :confused::(

I loved The Rings of Akhaten ;) But it's a sensible marketing quote for the vocal folk writing off 'Hide' already because it's writer made an episode they didn't like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cultbox Spoiler-Free Review:
    The Doctor and Clara barge in like an excited couple late for a fondue n' phantoms party - if that was ever a thing - interrupting the hunt for the Witch of the Well with Tennant levels of enthusiasm. It's refreshing to see Smith's Time Lord so truly eager about something, rather than enigmatically cocking his chin at another mystery.
    Cross is so particularly good at writing for Clara you'd think he created her, and Jenna-Louise Coleman has never been better, nor more button-cute. That she even manages a feisty rapport with a big blue box - in what's arguably the episode's best moment - is testament to just how much she belongs on this show

Full Article Link

4/5

Radio Times - Jessica Raine Preview
    “The lights were dimmed down and I remember going off for a little wander – which I’m sure isn’t allowed, but I just can’t resist it. It’s like going into territory you’re not meant to.”

Full Article Link
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the tardis doesn't like Clara because she misses Amy, Rory and River ?. She told the doctor he brought back "strays". Back in S3 there was a joke about them being part of a hermit club and Martha said they were a bit like stray dogs. Tardis likes some people and not others. Maybe after this they will be freinds having sorted out whatever "issues" they have.Hope so she is staying for a while so they might as well get along for the doctors sake.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and Jenna-Louise Coleman has never been better

Interesting as this is the first episode she filmed as the companion (I'm guessing she did her Asylum filming prior to this but The Snowmen was afterwards).
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    One of the clues is that a famous catchphrase returns.

I think this'll be Clara's 'run you clever boy and remember'. There's a shot of her saying it in the BBCA series trailer and her hair looks like it does here.

Would you like a jelly baby?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Interesting as this is the first episode she filmed as the companion (I'm guessing she did her Asylum filming prior to this but The Snowmen was afterwards).

Similarly, The Time of Angels was often reviewed as "Smith's best yet" - which was also the first episode filmed.