LG firmware update

Hi All
I have just done a firmware upgrade to my LG 32LV355T. The download from the LG website had 2 updates and I found the older one had to be done first before the latest would run. The problem I have now is that firstly the start up screen which displays the LG logo and time is upside down, not too bothered by this altho it did have me worried at first as I thought the tv picture would be upside down also but fortunately ok. The more annoying thing is the EPG is corrupt and unreadable. This was first noticeable on the HD channels however after being on a HD channel most of the EPG is corrupt.
I have done a factory reset and the tv has been off at the mains overnight but this has made no difference.
The updates were 04.99.99 and 05.03.00, if I remeber correctly the version already on the tv was 04.03. but can remember the last 2 digits. I have tried reverting to previous but now of course it only goes back to 04.99.99.

Any ideas anyone?

John

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Jovin wrote: »
    I have done a factory reset and the tv has been off at the mains overnight but this has made no difference.
    The updates were 04.99.99 and 05.03.00, if I remeber correctly the version already on the tv was 04.03. but can remember the last 2 digits. I have tried reverting to previous but now of course it only goes back to 04.99.99.

Any ideas anyone?

John

How are you updating the firmware, USB pendrive ?
    Stick to 4.99.99 and connect it to the internet for an update to see if there's anything newer.
    I got the latest firmware for my 32LV550T using this method about a month before it was available on the LG website !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Jovin wrote: »
    Hi All
    I have just done a firmware upgrade to my LG 32LV355T. The download from the LG website had 2 updates and I found the older one had to be done first before the latest would run. The problem I have now is that firstly the start up screen which displays the LG logo and time is upside down, not too bothered by this altho it did have me worried at first as I thought the tv picture would be upside down also but fortunately ok. The more annoying thing is the EPG is corrupt and unreadable. This was first noticeable on the HD channels however after being on a HD channel most of the EPG is corrupt.

Any ideas anyone?

John

I have exactly the same situation on my LG tv, splash screen upside down and the tv listings in hieroglyphics.

Can you go back to 04.99.99 from 05.03.00? Updated from usb stick