A newbie to Stargate SG1

2»

Comments

• Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Pick aren't running SG1 and Atlantis side by side. "Prometheus Unbound" is on there next week.

little-monster for future reference: Series 4 episode 6 "Window of Opportunity" possibly my favourite episode.
  • RazzylewRazzylew Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So little monster, now you've done the first season, I'd love to hear what your favourite episode/character/bad guy etc is. Or prediction about what is going to happen etc.

Have you met Major Davis yet? Keep a close eye on his rank. It can be difficult to keep track of.... ;)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prediction wise, haven't a clue

I really liked two episodes in particular.

The one where O'Neill was replaced by an alien and he went back to his ex wife and he learned how his son died etc

And Hathor, i really like that episode a lot.

I still feel I don't know much about Carter and Jackson enough yet, but all in good time.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackson would be a little better understood if you watch the original Stargate film. I know they explain how he came to be involved with the SGC but it's better seen. Also, there's a cheeky reference to Kurt Russell's character in an episode in series 2. And it fills in some back story with O'Neill and his original team and how they met the Abydonians.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Pick aren't running SG1 and Atlantis side by side. "Prometheus Unbound" is on there next week.

little-monster for future reference: Series 4 episode 6 "Window of Opportunity" possibly my favourite episode.

A Classic!!! :D
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    "In the middle of my back-swing?!!!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the mythology quite a lot to take in, as a whole
    I am that type of person who doesn't take information as easily and quickly, and normally needs to re-watch things to understand
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking for a new show to get sucked in with on my LoveFilm Instant. Wish they had this series on there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After a couple of seasons, i have stopped watching. I love this show a lot now and I wish i got into it when it was on the air. When the price is down, i will invest in the complete series. It has that re-watchability factor which works for me as well

However, i am struggling with liking Atlantis at the moment.
  • TiexenTiexen Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

However, i am struggling with liking Atlantis at the moment.

I loved the pilot - Zed(not Zee) PM (he's Canadian!)

and "that was a waste of a perfectly good explanation"
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    "In the middle of my back-swing?!!!"

That whole episode was just <3 my absolutely favourite, jam packed with fabulous O'Neill one liners :D