software update for Samsung galaxy s3

victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have just received a software/firmware update for my phone. Whilst on wifi I tried to postpone this until I could research whether this would be useful or not. But despite this it still download anyway. I have put it on hold until 3hrs. It is 79mb. Does anyone know about this update?

Comments

• victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is the update to Android 4.1.2
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    install it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    install it.

Why? What differences will have notice?
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bug fixes and the like.

I love when people don't install updates. It's like they think software coders do it for fun. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artnada wrote: »
    Bug fixes and the like.

I love when people don't install updates. It's like they think software coders do it for fun. ;)

For me it's more not wanting any further Samsung bloat and the fear of losing my files etcetera.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artnada wrote: »
    Bug fixes and the like.

If the current release is working fine for you, fixing bugs that you have never come across isn't of great value. So why waste time and risk data loss?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the current release is working fine for you, fixing bugs that you have never come across isn't of great value. So why waste time and risk data loss?

Unfortunately I was on wifi and before I had time the update started before I had chance to stop it. Luckily I have not lost anything. But despite using 79mb I have not noticed any differences at all.
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of bug fixes are "under the hood" as they say. Performance enhancements, better memory management, better battery management etc. etc..

Just because you don't "see" any effect, doesn't mean there aren't any!