Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Gospel according to St.Matthew. - P. Pasolini.-10/10

Possibly the best film about Jesus Christ I've ever seen.

As Homer Simpson might have said - Jesus is my favourite fictional character :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Usual Suspects (1995) - 10/10

^^ Totally agree! Amazingly awesome movie. Kevin Spacey gives a knockout performance. Brilliant movie :D
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    28 weeks later.

.i seen the first one recently and this one was on tv last night..not seen them before :o and i liked this one better :D
    so i take it the 2 kids had the virus in the end ? :(
    Is there another one ? like another 28 weeks later ?

^^ Whilst I like the first one best, I do think the second one is very good too.

In answer to your question: There was supposed to be a third film (to make it a trilogy) rumoured to be titled '28 Months Later' where the entire story was wrapped up one way or another. Danny Boyle (who did the first film) was rumoured to be back as director for it, however it seems they aren't making it anymore. Either that or production has halted. I wouldn't hold your breath for another tbh. Hope that helps.

----

The Amazing[ly Average] Spiderman
    Ok, so I don’t like superhero movies, but the last Spiderman films are ok so I didn’t really see the point of this reboot. It was better than I was expecting though, not amazing, but better than I thought it would be. The story feels like a rehash at times but there are some new good elements in there. CGI seems a little groggy though, it’s as if it has regressed since Spiderman 3 (as bloated a mess as that movie was the special effects were good). The plot is very standard and predictable as is the "romance" between the two leads. The scene during the end credits also feels out of place there (who sticks around for the credits?!) and should have been in the actual movie. Emma Stone is ok as Gwen but I don’t really rate her as an actress. Garfield is very hit and miss. Firstly he is too much of a pretty boy to be Peter Parker (I’m not a superhero nerd, but even I know he is supposed to be a bit of a geeky outcast - Tobey McGuire fitted this role perfectly). Secondly he comes across all twitchy and at times cocky in his delivery of humorous lines to the point where it just doesn’t work and is laughable (in a bad way). This film is also sorely missing the involvement of that dude who runs the newspaper - he was hilarious and makes the first three films. This film is decent, not amazing, but not as rubbish as I was expecting. 6/10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ^ Thanks..:) Wasnt sure if there was another one lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    ^ Thanks..:) Wasnt sure if there was another one lol

In Irish accent: That's not a problem! lol :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Amazing Spiderman - was not amazing. 6.5/10. I lost interest and couldn't shake the idea that Andy Murray was moonlighting as a superhero.

Lockout - 6.5/10. This has been done before I think.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Homer Simpson might have said - Jesus is my favourite fictional character :)

Now that is rich, coming from a cartoon.;)
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    The Amazing Spider-Man

Awful, just awful. A pointless reboot. All the original Spider-Man franchise needed was a stripping down, not a complete restart. Special effects were even worse than Spider-Man III. Every cast member was terrible. Bringing back the "web-shooters" was dumb (moving to organic webbing was a good step for the character. This regresses him pointlessly). Nowhere near as good as "Spider-Man".
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Wedding Crashers (2005) 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oceans 12. Boring! :yawn:
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fear in the Night 7/10

Quatermass and the Pit 10/10

The Devil Rides Out 10/10

Brave 7/10
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Host 7/10. I've been waiting for this movie ever since I read the book I was worried I'd hate it but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really long but it kept true to the book . My new favourite movie of 2013.
  • clareiowclareiow Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    I loved the spiderman reboot. I liked it for its update on the characters (LOVE Andrew Garfield, new crush!) and the high school setting. The battle scenes and the fact Garfield's incarnation of Parker shows he might be a superhero but has human frailties with bruises and blood, makes it more gritty IMO.

That's not to say I didn't love Raimi's spiderman, the first two were great. I have however worked hard to erase the horror that was Spiderman 3 from my memory.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    For A Few Dollars More 10/10
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicken With Plums (Poulet aux prunes) (2011) 7.5/10
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad boy street 6.5/10

Gay love story set in Paris.

Not bad quite real.

Cafe de flore.

French love story starring Vanessa Paradis 8/10 Very good.

Into world cinema at the mo. Love French films people are so inhibited with their feelings.
  • FlannyFlanny Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrek Forever After 7/10
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    Bridge to Terabithia
    I had a lump in my throat by the end. :o
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Beneath The Dark (2010)

Creepy, unsettling and really rather enjoyable, albeit not hugely original, mystery/thriller. Echoes of David Lynch.
  • pericompericom Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the Punch 5/10

It was like I was watching an episode of the bill.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The Grapes of Wrath (1940) One of the true classics of the cinema. John Ford's adaptation of John Steinbeck's novel is a powerful and moving story of a family of sharecroppers forced to give up their farm and join the exodus from Oklahoma to California in the hope of finding a new and better life.

Instead they encounter hatred, exploitation and tragedy. Excellent performances from Henry Fonda as Tom Joad and Jane Darwell as the indomitable Ma Joad who meets every crisis with a quiet strength and unbreakable dignity.

There is also some excellent cinematography from the great Gregg Toland which brings to mind many of the great documentary photographs of that era.

10/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    'Conviction'

Based on a true story ,it stars Hilary Swank, who becomes a lawyer to try and free her brother, played by Sam Rockwell. He was sent to prison for a murder he did not commit.

It was decent enough. 7/10.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trance - a bit too clever for its own good but entertaining enough 6/10

Menace To Society 6/10

Smashed 7/10
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sightseers (2012)
    I like black comedies, so I was really looking foward to this. Sadly, it wasn't as good as expected.
    You lose any sympathy with the protagonists pretty quickly, which in my opinion was a mistake. Instead of being merely an awkward and geekish couple who just happen to kill people, they turn out to be a pretty vile and sadistic pair. The laughs at the beginning are few and far between by the end.

6/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Water for Elephants [2011]. Director: Francis Lawrence

7/10

Old fashioned circus romance drama. Only the one elephant, though.
This discussion has been closed.