COD4 Dead?

The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
Forum Member
✭✭
Totally pissed off with MW3 and the host lag shit but it seems COD4 is dead as well so I can't even go play that!

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it dead ?? I havent been on in a while with it, but it seemed busy then, though is hacked to buggery.
  • graxitygraxity Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    The Sack wrote: »
    Totally pissed off with MW3 and the host lag shit but it seems COD4 is dead as well so I can't even go play that!

Why you pissed off with MW3?
  • lalalandlalaland Posts: 11,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MW3 working fine for me :)
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    heard MW2 is full of hackers now that people have found out how to block updates for games :(
    Stick to BLOPS it much better than Modern WarFail 3
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    graxity wrote: »
    Why you pissed off with MW3?

fibre connection with fast pings so the game picks me as host all the time, implements lag compensation and renders it unplayable for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    is it dead ?? I havent been on in a while with it, but it seemed busy then, though is hacked to buggery.

You can't even start the single player game, when you put the disc in you get a screen with the logo and the words yes no with no explanation WTF its on about. Pick yes and the ps3 locks and you have to quit using the PS button and then the ps3 crashes and reboots
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    You can't even start the single player game, when you put the disc in you get a screen with the logo and the words yes no with no explanation WTF its on about. Pick yes and the ps3 locks and you have to quit using the PS button and then the ps3 crashes and reboots

Apparently if you disconnect the internet then load the game, it'll work.

Think I'll sell mine in that case. And my MW2. Didn't realise we were still having problems with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i tried that before posting, it didnt work for me.
    Forum Member
    i tried that before posting, it didnt work for me.

So it litrally just won't work? Sounds like the game is dead then. Trade it in at Amazon quick.
    Forum Member
    I just tried it and get the 'yes/no' message on screen and nothing happens, but if I disable internet, and then load the disc, it plays the main campaign.

I might just sell COD4 and MW2 though. I have Black Ops and MW3 which is enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The internet off then back on to play it seems a bit hit and miss. Seeing as they have not patched it and never will you have to assume it is firmware 4 thats knackered the job up, maybe it will work again once Sony realise what they have done.
    Forum Member
    The internet off then back on to play it seems a bit hit and miss. Seeing as they have not patched it and never will you have to assume it is firmware 4 thats knackered the job up, maybe it will work again once Sony realise what they have done.

The thing is, the actual game is unplayable, not just multiplayer, therefore surely some laws have been broken?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    still works for me. my mate had to disconnect the internet then start the game to get it to work
    Forum Member
    still works for me. my mate had to disconnect the internet then start the game to get it to work

Do you have to do the same?
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't put the disc in my PS3 for this game for ages now, but I have read numerous posts on the internet that suggest you need to unplug the network cable from the back of your PS3 to get to the main menu screen then plug back in if you want to play online.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seems to be working here. Maybe a temporary glitch ??
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    seems to be working here. Maybe a temporary glitch ??

Did you try the disc with internet connected and signed in to PSN?

Have you got the original COD4 or GOTY edition?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No difference between the 2.
  • DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just tried my COD4 which is GOTY edition and i do not get the Confirm Yes/No message. I can get into the game just fine :)
    Forum Member
    DXRulz wrote: »
    I have just tried my COD4 which is GOTY edition and i do not get the Confirm Yes/No message. I can get into the game just fine :)

What is it then? I don't get it :(
    Forum Member
    Weird - just tried loading COD4 3 times and it played fine all 3 times.

Strange...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was my son that started ours and although he skipped most menus he went into a game of team deathmatch. Ours is a GOTY edition, though think they are the same anyway other than when GOTY first came out it came with the extra maps code. Oh, and yeah it was signed in. Its always online when I turn it on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The GOTY disc is the same as the original COD disc.