JSA not been paid.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
Forum Member
✭✭
hiya

I claimed jsa and was due to be paid for the first time today but no money has been paid into my account, i called them and was told that there is no reason on my account to tell them why i had not been paid but the money had not been released, took my phone number and told me someone will call me in "3 working hours".

Has anyone else experienced this ? What do you think my chances of being paid today are because i am mega skint :p

Comments

• izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is no reason to stop you being paid then it will probably be paid later on today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tackomacko wrote: »
    hiya

I claimed jsa and was due to be paid for the first time today but no money has been paid into my account, i called them and was told that there is no reason on my account to tell them why i had not been paid but the money had not been released, took my phone number and told me someone will call me in "3 working hours".

Has anyone else experienced this ? What do you think my chances of being paid today are because i am mega skint :p

If you get a phone call from them then you are lucky, they have never returned any of my phone calls.

Are you sure you were supposed to be paid today? When did you sign on?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you get a phone call from them then you are lucky, they have never returned any of my phone calls.

Are you sure you were supposed to be paid to day? When did you sign on?

I signed on wednesday and even asked the person, when will i be paid, and he told me on monday. I had a feeling in my waters i wouldnt be paid today for some reason and i was proved right :D

Its just very annoying as i have the dentist today and even though my filling which im getting is free, the hygienist i have to pay for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure they have the correct banking details for you.

Also it is not uncommon for the first payment to be a little late, my first payment was supposed to go in on a Wednesday but never went in until the Thursday, I was on the phone to them and they couldn't explain why it was late but they did say that can happen some times.

If you don't have a phone call by lunch time call them back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure they have the correct banking details for you.

Also it is not uncommon for the first payment to be a little late, my first payment was supposed to go in on a Wednesday but never went in until the Thursday, I was on the phone to them and they couldn't explain why it was late but they did say that can happen some times.

If you don't have a phone call by lunch time call them back.

on the phone i ask her about the bank details and she said that doesnt matter because it says on the system the funds have not even been released to my account :confused:

Lets just hope they call me back, not holding my breath though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I remember when I was claiming JSA, that my 1st payment was sent by cheque for some reason, even though on my application form I asked to be paid into my bank account. When I next signed on I asked the lady to check, she discovered an error. She quickly corrected it and all payments after went in my Bank Account.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on the phone i ask her about the bank details and she said that doesnt matter because it says on the system the funds have not even been released to my account :confused:

Lets just hope they call me back, not holding my breath though.

Well they must have a reason for not releasing it.

Hope you get paid soon though, and if you get a call back from them then that will be a shock.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    how long ago did you make the claim? as the first payment usually takes longer than normal to get processed
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they dont' phone you back within 3 hours then they get in trouble. My husband works there and hes always moaning about the 3 hour limit thing because sometimes you're just too busy.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hiya

This recently happened to my flatmate, who had been made redundant. The follow-up phonecall he was promised never happened, so he phoned back on the Tuesday morning. They told him the money would be released, but it was the Monday after before it was finally paid into his account. The very same thing happened on his next sign-on, so basically for a month his payments were one week late.

There was never any explanation, as far as I am aware.

If you apply for a crisis loan to tide you over while your JSA arrives, do not tell them you need money for the hygienist, as dental services is classed as a "need not covered by a crisis loan."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i did get a call back and was told there was a mix up somewhere along the line and that the money would be paid into my account by 5pm today...

so a bit of a pain but at least i get paid :)