scott mills?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,766
Forum Member
✭✭
anyone listen to scott mills show today?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    I'm sure some people in the UK did, yes.

I wasn't one of them - I hate the way he keeps saying "off of" (e.g. 'Dennis off of Eastenders', 'Cheryl off of Girls Aloud') when just 'off' or 'from' will do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I heared some of his show on the way home from work, why? :)
  • iainiain Posts: 63,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did he go on about how wacky students are because they get drunk a lot and generally arse about? because thats always pretty funny!

Iain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did he do an interview or chat with michelle off big brother yesterday?

I quite like him but i wish they'd bring sarah cox back! Shes hilarious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely this should be in the radio section? There'll be a review of today's show at www.unofficialmills.co.uk I presume shortly.
  • playmeplayme Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont like the bloke think he is a crap presenter hes been around various radio stations and i though he was crap then :p
    Forum Member
    Jmoo wrote:
    Surely this should be in the radio section? There'll be a review of today's show at www.unofficialmills.co.uk I presume shortly.

Worth a visit just for this:

http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/images/key103scott.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • motor mouthmotor mouth Posts: 4,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aj1977 wrote:
    I'm sure some people in the UK did, yes.

I wasn't one of them - I hate the way he keeps saying "off of" (e.g. 'Dennis off of Eastenders', 'Cheryl off of Girls Aloud') when just 'off' or 'from' will do.

What?!

Dennis off Eastenders does not sound right.

Dennis off of Eastenders does.
  • savewesbutterssavewesbutters Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone.

Did you all know poor old wes is getting the boot from radio 1 but this may not be the case if we can save him through www.savewes.tk - get there and sign the petition.

Save the butters. the best dj ever on radio 1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?!

Coming from Liverpool the first sounds fine!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol his celebrity calls are very funny.
  • steveyboy99steveyboy99 Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Jmoo wrote:

Great presenter
  • Peej KertonPeej Kerton Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jmoo wrote:

Its such an old vehicle tho... been done many times before. he is very unoriginal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    What?!

No it doesn't. Say it to yourself again. What on earth does 'off of' mean?

The original poster had it right with 'from', and 'in' might also work - like "The gimp who plays Dennis in Eastenders".

"Off of" sounds ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    What?!

Are you on glue?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think its supposed to sound correct. Thats the point I thought. It just sounds funny and a lot of people say 'off of' perhaps without realising. Its a bit like when people say (and I think Sara Cox used to) 'that'll learn you' instead of that'll teach you. Am I taking this too seriously!!?
    Forum Member
    "Off of" is a supposedly 'trendy' thing to say. It's like when people go into a restaurant or shop and say "can I get a coffee" to the person behind the counter. That's come from TV shows like Friends. NOBODY would have said that a few years ago, they would have said "can I have..." or "do you have...", etc.
  • ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    I don't think its supposed to sound correct. Thats the point I thought. It just sounds funny and a lot of people say 'off of' perhaps without realising. Its a bit like when people say (and I think Sara Cox used to) 'that'll learn you' instead of that'll teach you. Am I taking this too seriously!!?

I totally agree - and it makes me laugh when he says it as well, only because I know he's taking the piss :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree - and it makes me laugh when he says it as well, only because I know he's taking the piss :D

Makes me laugh too. I love his humour and the fact that some people just don't get it.

His use of the word 'blatant' always makes me smile.
  • ShowbizGosQueenShowbizGosQueen Posts: 7,469
    Forum Member
    Makes me laugh too. I love his humour and the fact that some people just don't get it.

His use of the word 'blatant' always makes me smile.

And his loathing of the word 'moist' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I read in the local paper he doesn't ACTUALLY play the clips to people, they use a real person talking, saying the actual clips. The reason it was in the local paper was the business they called refused to let the show use the telephone call as it ended up distressing her.

Kip
    Forum Member
    kipster wrote:
    I read in the local paper he doesn't ACTUALLY play the clips to people, they use a real person talking, saying the actual clips. The reason it was in the local paper was the business they called refused to let the show use the telephone call as it ended up distressing her.

Kip

That makes sense. Because most of the clips he plays are OBVIOIUSLY clips and the person would realise straight away
  • dachoccydudedachoccydude Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aj1977 wrote:
    That makes sense. Because most of the clips he plays are OBVIOIUSLY clips and the person would realise straight away
    I don't know if that's true.. Maybe I'm just stupid, but if I recieved a phone call, no matter how rediculous it was, I don't think I'd be able to identify who it was..

I wouldn't have guessed it was Kat Slater when she rang the hotel.. I wouldn't have guessed it was Vicky Pollard or Majorie Dawes, because I dont' watch Little Britain, even though I've heard of their names, I wouldn't have guessed it was Rocky, or Bruce Almighty.. I wouldn't have realised it was Macauley Culkin calling me for a pizza..

I would have just thought they were people who had either got the wrong number, or had the right number but didn't really understand what it was that we did where I work... Out of all the wrong numbers I've had, or strange people I've spoke to on the phone, and believe me, there's been hundreds, I've never stopped to think "hold on, which celebrity does this sound like"
  • raider666raider666 Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really hate scot mills , since moyels has gone to earlys i dont listen later than that anyone and moyels is starting to annoy me , but scot mills is so rubbish he has no talent rubbish voice and hes just boring