Job Seekers Allowance 13 Week Interview - what to bring?

Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
Forum Member
I have my 13 week interview this Friday.

I'm planning on printing out my application lists from websites that I've been using. I'm going to take my only rejection letter and print out my (few) rejection emails.

Will that be enough? Is there anything else I should take?

Most jobs I apply I don't even get a response back.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A can of super Tennents.;)

What your already going to bring is fine enough.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    They will probably stop your benefits as you have been looking for work.

You have to be one of the dirty chavs, drug addicts, or ethnic minorities who dont bother looking for work and spend most of their days walking their Bull Mastiff around the market and just being plain anti-social, in order to continue getting your benefits. It also helps that you claim not to have a bank account, then you can walk into JobCentre Plus and scream and shout that you want your money, and they will just give it to you, rather than being passed from pillar to post on 0845 phone lines.

Sorry, just my experience of the benefits system in this country, cant offer any specific help for your circumstances.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes what a helpful and non-stereotypical response. Not all Jobseekers are like this.

OP you sound like you've made good progress already from having rejection letters and emails. After 13 weeks it's more likely you need to get assistance rather than finding a job on your own, so the interview will be designed to see what help can be provided. It's not something designed to beat you around with a stick, but to intensify efforts to getting you back to work.

Good luck with the job hunt.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Yes what a helpful and non-stereotypical response. Not all Jobseekers are like this.

I know they are not.

I am aware that a proportion of people of benefits (including my own partner) are doing things by the book, looking for work and want to get off benefits as quickly as possible.

However there is a significant proportion of people who could not give a flying f**k about their predicament, and are happy to accept handouts whilst doing nothing in return.

These are the same people who walk around my local City Centre and market in tracksuits, usually with a vicious dog in tow.
  • JinnyJinxedJinnyJinxed Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had my 13week interview and was told i didn't need to bring in evidence, they asked me a few questions, booked me in on 2 x 30min compulsory courses, one was about CV compiling, the other about applying for jobs - both of which were very good, and interesting, in terms of people heckling the poor speaker person, but they were good. And apart from that my sign on time was changed, as well as the sign on location too.

One great tip for you that they didn't tell me, and that will save you money : When you go in to the jobcentre, ask at the reception desk for a Job Seekers Allowance Bus and Tram Oyster Discount Form, as you have your 13 week interview. Fill it out while you wait to be called to save time in your interview. In your interview, ask them to stamp and sign it when you see them. The Advisor won't volunteer this form necessarily - at least the people I know, all found out about it after their 13week interview, and were told by other claimers!

If you take along your passport and 2 passport photos, as soon as the jobcentre has signed and stamped your Bus And Tram Discount Form Application, trot along to your post office, and they will give you the discount card straight away!. Then you need to go to an underground station, or Oyster bus station, and they will need to add the discount to your oyster card, and after that, you start getting dicsounts from that very moment! Its valid for 6 months, and once they've done that - you get half price (50p) on all single bus fares, and the daily price cap is £1.65p, not £3.65p.

Good luck at your interview - but don't worry about it. Its not a pressured thing - more a meeting to see if you've been doing your bit of your agreement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One great tip for you that they didn't tell me, and that will save you money : When you go in to the jobcentre, ask at the reception desk for a Job Seekers Allowance Bus and Tram Oyster Discount Form, as you have your 13 week interview. Fill it out while you wait to be called to save time in your interview. In your interview, ask them to stamp and sign it when you see them. The Advisor won't volunteer this form necessarily - at least the people I know, all found out about it after their 13week interview, and were told by other claimers!

If you take along your passport and 2 passport photos, as soon as the jobcentre has signed and stamped your Bus And Tram Discount Form Application, trot along to your post office, and they will give you the discount card straight away!. Then you need to go to an underground station, or Oyster bus station, and they will need to add the discount to your oyster card, and after that, you start getting dicsounts from that very moment! Its valid for 6 months, and once they've done that - you get half price (50p) on all single bus fares, and the daily price cap is £1.65p, not £3.65p.

Good luck at your interview - but don't worry about it. Its not a pressured thing - more a meeting to see if you've been doing your bit of your agreement.

It is a shame the oyster new deal scheme isn't nationwide. It means, in London, it is worth hanging on the 13 weeks(if you can)
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    I have my 13 week interview this Friday.

I'm planning on printing out my application lists from websites that I've been using. I'm going to take my only rejection letter and print out my (few) rejection emails.

Will that be enough?

From my experience that'll be more than enough. They just want something to show that you're not taking the pee.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When i was job searching, i always took recent applications with me, internet applications and rejection letters. They weren't interested in seeing them, all they wanted me to do was sign.