Are Little Mix The UK's Best Girlband?

19921992 Posts: 4,677
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think they are.

Their new album Salute is out today and its fantastic. Not one bad song on it.! I hardly ever buy albums usually just singles but this really is one of the best albums of 2013.

Shame it's out the same week as Lada Gaga, The Killers, Keane and not forgetting Eminem who was #1 yesterday as it really deserves to be a number 1 album.

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MKS for me
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    right now yes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like this thread is going to get messy ...
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Yep, imo.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep imo they are, but each to their own, we've produced great ones in the past too. Salute is my album of the year though.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't name more than 2 girlbands at the moment, but if they sell enough to be No 1 then they deserve it, if they don't sell enough then they don't deserve it
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Not many out there or any good at the moment, as female solo singers are the trend at the moment, so probably.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're the only girlband to making a huge impression on the UK music market right now, so yeah.
  • Jon OJon O Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly like their music so I can't comment but I do think the Sugababes used to be. they have a mixture of good singers & sexy women can I say that about Little Mix, to be honest no but I can see why the americans like them
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The answer is probably yes. The second album is generally better than the first plus they have taken a risk with the first single. And if they break the US, then they will be the best since The Spice Girls. Plus they all sing and write most of their own stuff. Surprising for an XF group.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays are my favourite girlband at the moment, but I don't mind Little Mix either. I liked their first album. Not sure if I'm gonna buy the new album or not. I'll listen to it first.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    They may be the most succesful right now, but I prefer The Saturdays. I find their music more catchy and the girls come across as more likeable, in my opinion.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    I would say so now, I don't like Move I think it's a dreadful song but compared to the other girl groups around they are

I don't think any of the current girl groups match up to Sugababes (in terms of vocals) or Girls Aloud (in terms of their songs) if I'm honest
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to like Little Mix but their music just isn't to my taste. I personally prefer The Saturdays, Stooshe and MKS.

Objectively speaking though, I would agree they're the best UK girl group at the moment, because they're talented, they're successful, they have their own sound and their new album has very good reviews.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha no friggin' way are they better than Girls Aloud or Sugababes 2.0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowhere close.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    btw I am talking about in 2013 not ever. Incase people mis-understand lol.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to even say, the only real girlbands around atm are Little Mix, The Saturdays and MKS. The latter is barely in the running, and The Saturdays and Little Mix are at very different points in their career to even compare. I wouldn't even say they're in competition with one another. Just for the larger back catalogue which has been some great pop for the most part, I'd pick The Saturdays.

Girls Aloud and Sugababes are gone now
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there aren't rally alot of girlbands out there to judge
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have the potential to be but for the mots part i find their music incredibly average and sorley lacking their just well drab.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,910
    Forum Member
    No way, Spice Girls will always be the biggest UK girlband.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »
    No way, Spice Girls will always be the biggest UK girlband.

The original poster stated 2013. The Spice Girls are not around now ;)
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely! There new album is amazing.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As of now. Yes they most definitely are. They have filled my Girls Aloud/Sugababes void.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original poster stated 2013. The Spice Girls are not around now ;)

The OP never stated that in their original post.

But anyways, right now I think The Saturdays are better, more talented, a larger back catalogue of better songs.

BUT Little Mix have a lot of potential, if they're still here making good quality albums in 4/5 years then we'll see.