Fave Bananarama track?

TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Been re listening to their greatest hits and there was some really strong pop songs on there. I mean Venus is a classic but Preacher Man and Nathan Jones are also equally poptastic imo

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant help It.

Disco influenced, Chic sounding (Chic being huge influential Disco group) stomper! (I sound like I'm reveiing a track for Itunes).:D

Closely followed by I heard a Rumour. Pop perfection.

I generally depised SAW productions but I'll give them this one.

This was a group who like the Spice Girls, did'nt take themselve too seriously and had fun. And like the Spices they would'nt let anyone (in this case SAW) control them.

They used to stand up to Waterman:)
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leosw4 wrote: »
    Closely followed by I heard a Rumour. Pop perfection.

Oh I love that one :D

I agree about them and the Spice Girls not taking themselves too seriously - just producing great catchy pop

What I most loved about alot of the Bananarama singles was how they were all sung together with no solo parts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a very close call (i love most of them lol) but i'm saying i want you back followed closely by movin' on
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm this is a very tricky one. I'd say it's between Cruel Summer and Cheers Then.
    leosw4 wrote: »
    Closely followed by I heard a Rumour. Pop perfection

I love doing the dance to that song :D
    What I most loved about alot of the Bananarama singles was how they were all sung together with no solo parts.

Yes I loved that they sang in unison, I find it quite soothing actually. I did like in the song Cairo that they had solo parts so I could hear their individual voices. I find Siobhan's voice to be the best, very calming, but then again I am very very biased :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Love In The First Degree!
  • WizardjWizardj Posts: 3,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venus or Love In The First Degree, but they had a lot of great tunes :)
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Venus,Love In The First Degree and Cruel Summer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be Cruel Summer. Also like Na Na Hey Hey and Robert De Niro's waiting.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite liked "I Heard a rumour" and the B Side to one of their singles (can't remember which) called "Bad For Me".
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ill never forgive them for massacreing 'venus', as o love the original (shocking blue, 1970)

i quite liked a few of their earlier hits, shy boy, cruel summer, really saying something (yeah i know its a cover but its a sympathetic cover) but my fav would be 'trick of the night'.
  • ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though they sound like a group of children singing with no vocal talent whatsoever i quite like cruel summer :D
  • BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought their greatest hits :o:D

Love Really Saying Something, Shy Boy, Cruel Summer & Na Na Na, Hey, Hey Goodbye. I'm sure they covered Iko Iko as well but I preferred the Belle Stars version of that one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venus and Cruel Summer for me! :D
  • AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHY BOY always takes me back as one of the first I heard from them when I was at University.

ROBERT DENIROS WAITING always reminds me of my first trip to France in 1984.
  • ramraider1ramraider1 Posts: 14,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The exact same 3 as Querty quoted

Cruel Summer
    Na na hey hey kiss him goodbye
    Robert de Niro's waiting

also love the album version of Nathan Jones - it's far superior to the single version .
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Bananarama, especially their Stock Aitken and Waterman tracks.

My favourites would probably be...

I Want You Back
    Love In The First Degree
    Nathan Jones
    Love Truth & Honesty
    Last Thing On My Mind
    Movin' On
    More More More

Their best album...Wow!...Stock Aitken & Waterman produced. Check out the brilliant 'Once In A Lifetime'!

Bananarama Video Hit Mix for the lovers! Enjoy boys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_dCsAmM1sU&feature=fvst

Bananarama...the best girl band eva!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna add this one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52fv7F-JCHU

More or less forgotten about.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    hows about this one, made all the more special by being in Rita and Sue and Bob too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-nsERaHbI0
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    btw who else really loved the second line up with Jacqui O'Sullivan? I thought she was a really underrated replacement and gets hardly any credit. Its a shame she left not long after. :(

They produced some real classics post Siobhan
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    btw who else really loved the second line up with Jacqui O'Sullivan? I thought she was a really underrated replacement and gets hardly any credit. Its a shame she left not long after. :(

They produced some real classics post Siobhan

I agree...love Jacqui O...
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,153
    Forum Member
    My favourite 'classic' Bananarama track would be Robert De Niro's Waiting, but I adore Last Thing On My Mind. I was convinced it was gonna be a number 1 smash, but it just about limped into the top 75, as I recall. Pete Waterman obviously wasn't going to let such a strong song go to waste, so it was Steps who had the success with it.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Shy Boy and Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye best. Bananarama also recorded a song Dr Love for their album, which was the B side to Tracie's The House that Jack Built. Some of you will know Tracie Young is now a radio presenter. Anyway, Bananarama and Tracie were potentially the Saturdays and Pixie Lott of the 80s!:cool:
  • Islay1Islay1 Posts: 4,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Shy Boy and Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye best. Bananarama also recorded a song Dr Love for their album, which was the B side to Tracie's The House that Jack Built. Some of you will know Tracie Young is now a radio presenter. Anyway, Bananarama and Tracie were potentially the Saturdays and Pixie Lott of the 80s!:cool:

That was one of my favourites too, i also loved them as part of Fun Boy Three
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »
    Bananarama...the best girl band eva!

try telling that to the spice girls!!!! think they were slightly more successful! :p
  • sej17sej17 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Love, Truth and Honesty

Voyage, Voyage

Love In The First Degree