BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Morning Arte :D

A change is as good as a rest, dont frighten the natives with the state of your face :D

It's a good opportunity to wear my diamante-encrusted balaclava....

Off now .........Syl.........:p
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Films I could watch a billion times and not get bored of include

Demolition Man
    Fifth Element
    Terminator2
    Total Recall

:eek: You forgot Blade Runner and Donnie Darko!
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Face paint makes me come out in a rash and it itches like hell! I bet you looked stunning in the supermarket.

I tend to get itchy with stuff opn my face too- but surprisingly it didn't!

Morning Flora :D
    Morning Balders (glad your puter is feeling better) :D
    Morning halla :D
    Morning SR :D
    Morning Eddy :D
    Morning Arty :D diamonte balaclava?! :D
    Does it feel like you have a hole in your mouth? :(
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Morning Everyone.:)

Sun blazing down here this morning, thats a change, been so cloudy lately.
    :mad:: mad:: mad:

Got myself into a right mess on the PC.

Trying to find out whats behind the blue screen of death and the endless Shockwave crashes in Facebook games.

Got rid of some recently instaled junk and went to what I thought was a safe restore point.

Along the way i find out support is ending for Sp1 so I need Sp2. But that won't instal.

Also Avast is a suspect but that won't uninstal: mad:

now I dont know which cart is in front of which horse. Is X stopping Y or is Y stopping X:mad:

How much is it to upgrade Vista to Win 7 or even 8. Is 8 out yet.

Also if I delete a program and reinstall will it write to the same area of HD. I've narrowed my HD noise down to firefox, it sounds like its struggling to read as if it is a physically damaged portion of disc.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:D
    You should run dskchk to see how your disk is.
    Here's the syntax.
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true

Try installing Avast over itself.

Win7 isn't expensive as an upgrade, i put it on my O/H's laptop because it wouldn't update itself.

When you delete a program it never goes back in the same place because it doesn't really delete it, it just marks the files as such but leaves them there, thats why the police can retrieve deleted picture etc from your computer, unless you defrag or format they don't get touched.
    No there were others before and after us. :o, but we were well within the time on the letter.

I have it languishing in the attic.

I would love to see Arthur Brown :cool:

If you look at the state of my albums you will see that it was in fact very easy to skip :D

Thanks for the warning. I shall be careful to avoid it.

:confused: It is on my version.

We were grudgingly offered a phone call. We declined.
    How come you are only having soup?
    But it is normal to arrive at any meeting early, in plenty of time, you would have been ok then.
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    The aperture determines the depth of field. To get a fast moving object you need a fast shutter speed.
    I said Shutter Speed at the start then put the wrong word.:D

I know the Aperture controls the amount of light that enters the camera but depending on the shutter speed.

I hung up my SLR with the advent of the Digital mainly because you can take so many and you don't have to get them developed and you can send a picture to someone within minutes,

The school run in a few minutes, Sun still out.:D
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning halla :)

If you say so dear. I've told you you're more than welcome to join me, but you do need to dress more appropriately than you usually do. :p:D
    Morning Ma'am:D
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:D
    Morning EddyBee :D

Artemesia wrote: »
    Morning All,:D

The usual marketing and shopping today. Well, not quite usual as we are going to a town up the coast which has a biggish shipyard.Two of my great fascinations are boats and cranes and this makes it easy to enjoy both.:)

The weather has gone back to being wet'n'windy but according to the forecast, this is the storm before the calm and the weather will improve from tomorrow.

I have a nice bruise on my cheek and round one eye and my neck still feels dislocated but the extraction site is hardly painful at all....
    Hiya Arte, what time do you pick Celeste up from the vet??
    minkski wrote: »

Morning Minkski:D
    Hicky wrote: »

Here's the syntax.
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true

Win7 isn't expensive as an upgrade, i put it on my O/H's laptop because it wouldn't update itself.

When you delete a program it never goes back in the same place because it doesn't really delete it, it just marks the files as such but leaves them there, thats why the police can retrieve deleted picture etc from your computer, unless you defrag or format they don't get touched.

But it is normal to arrive at any meeting early, in plenty of time, you would have been ok then.

I know the Aperture controls the amount of light that enters the camera but depending on the shutter speed.

I hung up my SLR with the advent of the Digital mainly because you can take so many and you don't have to get them developed and you can send a picture to someone within minutes,

Morning Hicky:D
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Morning Hickster :D

Well I'm going to catch up on 2 episodes of Fringe now :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished Thai lesson, gawd it was hard work today:( couldn't remember anything, and reading it was a nightmare...:( yuk kept getting letters mixed up, hideous.

Kids are home now as well, ugh....ach well, drinkies at neighbour's house tonight so that should help cheer me up:D
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Cheers Jojo :)
    You should warn your daughter that when she leaves here that they are saying to allow 3 hours to check in and clear immigration:eek: there have been horrendous queues in and out taking upwards of two hours to get through the immigration lanes (even on the way out) to the extent that over 200 people a day are currently missing flights out of here! It's Bl**dy ridiculous and the typical Thai attitude is "mai pben rai, jai yen yen" ie never mind, calm down...:rolleyes At the moment they've deployed 70 riot police at the airport to "help" but it's making headline news every day here....suppose it distracts them from the attempts of their allegedly corrupt former PM Thaksin (and brother of current PM) to sneak back into Thailand without being arrested:rolleyes:
    First world country my backside:p
    Oops, bit of a rant there, sorry....

Rant away, does you good! Thanks for that, I'll warn her - she'd be livid to miss the flight, they're both very tight for holiday days this year, as they need a lot of it for the wedding, before and after.

Morning JoJo

I think its sorted for now. Just have to wait and see if I get any more blue screens or crashes. We asked the Antarctic techies:cool:

Good - I hate it when that happens, that's why I hardly ever try any re-vamping or similar. Mr b rother's very good so I entice him over with the promise of dinner:cool:
    Morning All,:D

The usual marketing and shopping today. Well, not quite usual as we are going to a town up the coast which has a biggish shipyard.Two of my great fascinations are boats and cranes and this makes it easy to enjoy both.:)

The weather has gone back to being wet'n'windy but according to the forecast, this is the storm before the calm and the weather will improve from tomorrow.

I have a nice bruise on my cheek and round one eye and my neck still feels dislocated but the extraction site is hardly painful at all....

Good to hear mouth not painful - you'll have people thinking you've been got at with your bruised face!
    It's a good opportunity to wear my diamante-encrusted balaclava....

Off now .........Syl.........:p

Good thinking batman:cool:
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member

:(

I think they're refined face paints a lot, children tend to have more sensitive skin and there were a lot of complaints:rolleyes:

Morning all - chilly here this morning but bright. I've morphed into the weather girl again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was wondering what the really loud buzzing/rumbling noise was outside.... Turns out they are fumigating the moobaan, so clouds of pesticide everywhere, all along the pavements and drifting up into the trees:eek: ....cough, cough, splutter.......interesting smell now...eau de DDT:D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone :)

No, Hicky on this occasion it would NOT have been ok because if (as last time)other pupils overhear idiot teachers saying (booming) your daughter is a pleasure to teach/perfect student/going to pass with distinction/wishes other students were more like her then it is NOT beneficial to your own child or others and we arrived WELL WITHIN THE APPOINTED TIME to account for this.
    We did not haphazardly wander in at any old time. The fault was with the staff and they ADMITTED IT and APOLOGISED.
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Morning minks :D

Here's the syntax.

Morning Hicky :D

So its your turn for the sun today, lucky you :D
    I think they're refined face paints a lot, children tend to have more sensitive skin and there were a lot of complaints:rolleyes:

Morning all - chilly here this morning but bright. I've morphed into the weather girl again.

Morning JoJo :D

We have chilly and dull so you are one up :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, Hicky on this occasion it would NOT have been ok because if (as last time)other pupils overhear idiot teachers saying (booming) your daughter is a pleasure to teach/perfect student/going to pass with distinction/wishes other students were more like her then it is NOT beneficial to your own child or others and we arrived WELL WITHIN THE APPOINTED TIME to account for this.
    We did not haphazardly wander in at any old time. The fault was with the staff and they ADMITTED IT and APOLOGISED.

Morning honey :D
    Forum Member
    Morning honey :D
    Morning Flora. :D I am busy counting to ten and "breathing".
    Forum Member
    Morning Ma'am:D

Morning EddyBee :D

Hiya Arte, what time do you pick Celeste up from the vet??

Morning Minkski:D

Morning Hicky:D
    Morning Halla.:)
    Morning Hickster :D

Well I'm going to catch up on 2 episodes of Fringe now :D
    Morning minkski.:)

Morning JoJo.:)

Ok then, I have to tell this early bird outside that he doesn't get the worm.:D
    And that being half an hour late is fine.

Good job it wasn't an interview eh.
    Morning minks :D

Morning Hicky :D

So its your turn for the sun today, lucky you :D

Morning JoJo :D

We have chilly and dull so you are one up :D
    Morning Flora.:)

It was shining right in my face in bed and that was 7.00 wasn't getting up till 7.30.
    Love it though.:D

Have had to open the double doors on the summer house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Count to 20 and breath a bit harder it may work :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you there yet???:p:D
    Forum Member
    Morning Halla.:)

Morning minkski.:)

Morning JoJo.:)

Ok then, I have to tell this early bird outside that he doesn't get the worm.:D
    And that being half an hour late is fine.

Good job it wasn't an interview eh.

Morning Flora.:)

It was shining right in my face in bed and that was 7.00 wasn't getting up till 7.30.
    Love it though.:D

Have had to open the double doors on the summer house.

If we were half an hour before the time slot ended, and that only means when you register, not when it actually finishes, which was two hours after that on previous occasions then how the hell can that possibly be LATE?
    Forum Member
    Are you there yet???:p:D

I'm heading for the ferry across to the Wirral with a dirty great wet fish to slap him with :D
    Forum Member
    Deleted due to quote goblin
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm heading for the ferry across to the Wirral with a dirty great wet fish to slap him with :D

He'll only take it off you to cook and eat:D not much of a punishment there..;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right you lot, behave while I'm gone.....well try, at least..:p

Off round to neighbours now to drink cheap bubbles, eat unhealthy snacky food and wobble home again on the bike later, leaving the kids in the capable hands of my imminently more sensible maid ....
    Cheers me dears.:D

Edit ...or should that be emminently, I always get that one wrong...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Off round to neighbours now to drink cheap bubbles, eat unhealthy snacky food and wobble home again on the bike later, leaving the kids in the capable hands of my imminently more sensible maid ....

Have a good time, bit wary about the bike ride home though :eek::D
    Forum Member
    Your getting awfully excited for someone that says they are right to go late.:D
    He'll only take it off you to cook and eat:D not much of a punishment there..;):D
    I had fish yesterday, Indian Meat Curry tonight, but because fish is so easy to eat i could have that as a starter.:D
    Forum Member

Hang on a bit, it won't matter if your late, it will save them money and you won't be so wobbly coming home.:eek:
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning. :)
This discussion has been closed.